News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for showmethetony

showmethetony Profile Photo
Member Name: showmethetony
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Musical theater loving Pittsburgh native. I spend my working hours wishing I was on stage. My loves: Sondheim, JRB, William Finn, Audra McDonald...this list could last forever. Does anybody else cry everytime they see good theater? I'm a dork.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: THE WIZ casting rumours (not good)
 Jul 17 2006, 02:06:17 PM
people - Mary Testa can sing her booty off! And all she would have to sing in the Wiz is No Bad News, which she could DEF blow out of the water. As for all the love/hate Wicked folks...just face it, Shoshana is not a black girl. While she has got a mean set of pipes, Dorothy really should be African American.
re: if you were auditioning for merrily...
 Dec 19 2005, 11:13:53 AM
I agree - the piano player should be able to play Sondheim...I have, however been to auditions (typically community theater productions) where the accompanist was NOT playing the show - just got called in to handle auditions. That could be a nightmare!
re: if you were auditioning for merrily...
 Dec 19 2005, 11:07:43 AM
I did this show a couple of years ago - I played Beth and had a great time. I can't remember if I sang Another 100 People or Being Alive from COMPANY. I don't usually recommend that people do Sondheim for any auditions - but I happened to know the accompanist and knew she was capable. If you have that advantage I say go for it. I think Sondheim is tough music to play/sing and if you and the accompanist are capable then you can show the casting folks not only your vocal talent, but your musical
re: Billy Porter LIVE at Tower Records
 Sep 23 2005, 12:56:50 PM
ohhhhhhhhh I am jealous of those of you who get a chance to see this! the cd is great - I especially love his story about auditioning for ITW and then his rendition of Last Midnight...I had the opportunity to see Ghetto Superstar here in Pittsburgh in the spring and it was incredible. Billy is an incredible talent with an amazing voice...Don't miss it!!
re: A Quick Question about Last Five Years
 Sep 23 2005, 12:51:49 PM
i saw an incredible production of this show a while back. i don't think it is necessary to really blame either party for what happens to their relationship. as a human being who has been in love, who has experienced desire, who has dreams and goals and a drive to pursue them - i felt it was possible to relate to both characters in this story. i don't think it has much to do with the gender of the character - I didn't relate more to Cathy b/c I'm a woman. however, i have felt that frustration
Ricky Ian Gordon's My Life With Albertine
 Sep 15 2005, 03:54:49 PM
Did anybody see this? I just picked up a copy of the recording at my local library and listened to it last night. I really enjoyed the music, and I am a fan of Kelly (Kelli?) O'Hara. Anybody know anything about the production or more about the story? I'm interested.
re: Norm Lewis
 Aug 29 2005, 02:26:20 PM
He is incredible...I love him on the Side Show recording and Infinite Joy as well. Also, if you have the Stephen Sondheim album - he does a really beautiful rendition of "With So Little To Be Sure Of"...I saw him in Dreamgirls in Pittsburgh - he is gorgeous. I could listen to that man sing for hours.
re: If you had to audition RIGHT NOW...
 Aug 26 2005, 10:39:26 AM
hmmmmmmmm..

up tempo: Waiting For Life - Once On this Island, Another 100 People - Company, Spark of Creation - Children of Eden

ballad: Stranger to the Rain - Children of Eden, Love Song - Celebration

re: Merrily We Roll Along
 Aug 25 2005, 11:05:18 AM
I had a chance to do this show a couple of summers ago. At the time I didn't know much about it except that it had flopped. I played Beth and had an incredible time. It was community theater, and maybe I am biased, but I happen to think that this particular community theater does exceptional work. The set was designed to look the game board for the old "Life". The backdrop was that winding block road, but instead of saying things like "Move back one step" it had the years and they lit up du
re: Hair benefit recording...I'm speechless.
 Aug 24 2005, 09:34:05 AM
oooooooooooooooooooh THE BED....Where is that??? I miss it on this cd and it seems like the folks performing could have done an awesome job and would have had tons of fun...I would've preferred The Bed over Hippie Life.

I did a production of HAIR in college - probably one of the most amazing experiences of my life...I was 20 and in love with everyone - seriously...It was the tightest cast I have ever been a part of and the score and the content in themselves were pretty demanding. (Y

re: Heather Headley and AIDA - an Appreciation
 Aug 19 2005, 11:56:31 AM
AIDA was my first Broadway show...I saw it with friends for $10 standing room only. I cried through the entire thing - every time she opened her mouth to sing. She is incredibly talented...as my friends put it, she "preached" it during The Gods Love Nubia...Seriously - she is phenomenal. It is a shame she isn't doing more on stage. Her R&B album is okay, but she really has a stage presence and awesome vocal strength that is better for broadway...
re: The Wall??
 Jul 28 2005, 12:24:54 PM
seriously - you are killing me here...
Hey Pittsburgh BWWers!!!
 Jul 28 2005, 12:18:59 PM
If you want to see a good show this weekend check out Stage 62's INTO THE WOODS...Here is what the Post Gazette had to say about it...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05209/544695.stm

Jul 28 2005, 12:16:38 PM
you can't have feldman without haim..."License to Drive: The Musical", LMAO BobbyBubby! Seriously - Feldman on the Surreal Life - he just looked like a big twat...
 Jul 28 2005, 11:48:12 AM
adam pascal??? YUMMY...i'd sit it through it for that...
 Jul 28 2005, 11:31:28 AM
who was interested in it before? I seriously don't know anything about this...any dirt to share with the boy would be great - he's already begging me to go if the show opens anytime in the near future...I've never seen the movie, but I have heard some of it and thought it was pretty good...Plus - I just sat through Tommy, which despite the lovely Alice Ripley, I didn't really care for...I hope it is bound to be better than that
The Wall??
 Jul 28 2005, 11:12:46 AM
I'm not really a Pink Floyd fan, but the guy I am seeing is and he mentioned that The Wall is supposedly hitting the stage sometime soon. Does anyone know anything about this? Just curious.
re: rOcKS @ '...Piazza'
 Jul 15 2005, 12:19:22 PM
"Clara was a bit too normal for a girl with a mental issue"

I disagree with this. She wasn't crazy...she was emotionally stunted. I think there is a big difference there. I think Clara captures that essence of a young person around 10/11yrs old. I know a lot of young people that age who are fairly normal and mature along side that naivete or gullibility. There are a few moments when you see that. "That's a completely naked statue!" and "Hello" in the middle of The Beauty Is. And I t

another PIAZZA question
 Jul 8 2005, 12:09:53 PM
Okay - if this question has already been asked I apologize. I know that the cd insert has the lyrics printed in it, but I have a burned copy of the cd. Can anyone please post the lyrics for "Il Mondo Era Vuoto". I'd greatly appreciate it!
re: Prayers for London.
 Jul 8 2005, 12:04:27 PM
Love, prayers, and positive energy to all of those in the UK and all of those around the globe who bear witness to tragedy and violence as a result of this war...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You