News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dave516

Member Name: Dave516
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

INTO THE WOODS Blu-ray
 Dec 2 2014, 07:57:31 PM
This is a shady move by this studio. Obviously they are trying to get a piece of the Disney pie by choosing to release this now, of all times. The words "Original Broadway Production" at the top of the case aren't hidden, per se, but they certainly aren't prominent either. They even changed the graphic to make it look more like the new Disney film version, which is going to be really confusing for the casual buyer. I'll take the original show logo with the photo of the cast, even if it is a
Hedwig ticket question
 Sep 11 2014, 08:30:47 PM
I'll second, or third, what others have said about rear center orchestra. I sat in the last row of the orchestra in row Q (right in front of all the standing room seats) when Neil was in it and it was a great view. It's a pretty small theatre so you still feel very close to the action from the last row of the orch. Face value price at those seats isn't too crazy either.
Souvenir cups from the bars...?
 Aug 16 2014, 09:55:17 AM
My recent in-show purchases for drinks were even more ridiculously priced! A glass of wine at Matilda was $20. A mixed drink at Hedwig was $25 and neither of the cups were show-specific. They just had the Shubert and Nederlander logos on them. If you decide up purchase a drink at so show you know you're going to be ripped off, but what they're charging these days is practically robbery!
Crappy Lyrics
 Apr 17 2014, 12:30:50 AM
Or my personal favorite:

Victor, Victoria
Victor, Victoria
Victoria, what a Victor you are!

Brilliance.

NBC releasing Carrie Underwood SOM on DVD
 Nov 23 2013, 11:50:52 PM
Yes, it's supposed to be the stage version of the show performed live on a sound stage. They're not using most of the songs that were added for the film version -- they will basically be using the original Broadway script and songs.
NBC releasing Carrie Underwood SOM on DVD
 Nov 23 2013, 11:29:00 PM
NBC has just announced that they will be releasing the live broadcast of The Sound of Music on DVD on Dec. 17. While this is not totally unexpected, does anybody else question the turnaround time in production? This is supposed to be a live broadcast on December 5. The article states that the DVD will be released just 12 days after the initial broadcast. It will have to undergo editing, duplication and have to then be shipped to stores around the country within this 12 day timeframe? This just s
JUNGLE BOOK B'way Transfer?
 Sep 8 2013, 12:57:33 AM
And look how Tarzan worked out for them. They are not going to make that same mistake twice.
Is there a combined audition for multiple Broadway musicals?
 Jul 15 2013, 10:37:27 AM
Straw Hat are non-equity auditions for multiple regional & summer stock theaters...there are other showcases and such that actors could participate in in the NYC area but there Broadway contracts and casting needs are very specific. You're not going to see one blanket audition for multiple Broadway shows.
Tonys Host: Anyone, Anyone?
 May 3 2013, 12:01:30 PM
I've been thinking about starting this thread for a few days now. Thank you! Anybody?!?!?
MATILDA Previews
 Mar 24 2013, 12:48:47 AM
Merch was a bit sparse. They had a couple of different short sleeve t-shirts available. A few colors with the Matilda logo and a grey one that said something about hammer throw finals with a silhouette of Trunchbull. They had the Roald Dahl book for sale, along with the London cast recording, 2 different mugs, magnets and keychains. That was it. No souvenir program yet (I asked).
MATILDA Previews
 Mar 23 2013, 08:10:50 PM
Saw the matinee today. I can't say enough about it. Oona was on for Matilda and I have no complaints about her. Her singing was solid. One or 2 very minor word stumbles but I was super impressed with her and everything else on that stage. I didnt really have trouble understanding any dialogue. If this show doesn't win best set design and direction I will be shocked. Shout out for choreography too. All of the performances were spot on. Only raves from me. Get tickets while you can!
MY FAIR LADY coming back to Broadway in 2014?
 Feb 7 2013, 05:14:25 PM
Everyone who is suggesting any Broadway or theater stars for any of the leads is crazy. With Davis producing this thing, there is no way that anyone but a bona fide movie star or recording artist will be playing Higgins or Eliza. He's probably already tapped Taylor Swift to play the role.
DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
 Feb 3 2013, 02:19:09 AM
Anyone who has seen the show in the past few days (Thurs/Fri/Sat) - is Chita back in? I saw it earlier in the week and she was out. It seems like she misses a lot of performances. I know she's 80 years old, but I am just wondering if she's back in.

Scandalous Getting A Cast Recording
 Feb 2 2013, 12:52:55 AM
I'm surprised, but not really surprised. Kathy Lee has likely put something into this because the other producers have already lost millions. Having a cast recording will help it as far as licensing goes, but I still don't see this becoming a popular title to be produced.

Regarding being cheaper since it has closed, Equity has a requirement that if a cast recording is made of a broadway show any time within a certain window (I believe it is either 6 or 9 months), the producers must use

BARE THE MUSICAL Previews
 Nov 21 2012, 01:36:21 PM
Kadu - it is Peter who sings the song in the original. I don't really understand how they could change it in the new version - half of the song is about how Peter can see that Jason wants this "white picket fence" dream with children and a wife and with him wondering how he might fit in...
BARE preview
 Nov 14 2012, 12:24:40 AM
I'm relieved that I am not the only one thinking that this production is a nightmare. Trensch should not be allowed anywhere near this score and the somewhat problematic but ultimately fulfilling and beautiful show that I once connected with is just gone. I don't understand how they are allowed to use the same title. This is most definitely NOT the Bare that I love. Notice how Damon is nowhere to be seen in this clip. I'm not exactly sure how some other woman was allowed to come in and re-w
Heather Headley performs
 Sep 6 2012, 12:02:02 AM
SASHA ALLEN, Please!!!!!
Bonnie and Clyde Musical Licensing
 Jul 31 2012, 09:41:06 AM
MTI definitely will be the rights holder for B&C. It also licenses most of Wildhorn's other shows. The back of the CD lists MTI as licensing agent. With no tour that I know about in the works, I would imagine it would be sooner rather than later before it is released, but Wildhorn's Dracula took years to come out. Your best bet is going to be to inquire with MTI. If you shoot your state's licensing rep an email, they will be able to give you the most informed idea as you're likely to get. Www
How is Newsies choreography handled in an amateur production?
 Jul 3 2012, 10:30:42 AM
There has not been a licensed amateur production of Newsies as of yet. The reason that Disney created this stage version was so that it could be licensed to the amateur market. With its recent success on Broadway (a step that it never intended to take) and its impending national tour, it will be still be a while before amateur groups are allowed to perform it.

When the show IS finally licensed to amateur groups, it will NOT include the right to Gattelli's choreography; only the righ

Partial View Price
 Jun 28 2012, 12:48:34 AM
I will never forget when I went to see Seussical in its original Broadway run. I had been keeping an eye on the show's grosses for several weeks--it hadn't been doing too well. Got to the theater a few hours before curtain and it was all but sold out. Aaron Carter had been brought in to "star" as Jojo. The only ticket they had when I went to the box office was a single $100 orchestra seat. It was way more than I had planned on paying for the show, but being a fan of Ahrens & Flaherty, I suc
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You