News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for greenifyed

greenifyed Profile Photo
Member Name: greenifyed
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address: http://aleapofaith.livejournal.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Constantine Joins Jacques Brel Cast
 Oct 19 2006, 11:38:40 PM
I'm still convinced he's stalking me.

He's everywhere. I see him more than I see my immediate family.

And I don't even live in the city.

re: Kevin Cahoon & Ghetto Cowboy
 Oct 18 2006, 12:12:59 AM
The show was definitely a good time, and CLEARLY, there should be more shows more often. I love bringing people to see his band who haven't gone before -- it's a lot of fun.
re: Manuel Exits The Times They Are A-Changin'; Standby Lisa Brescia Assume
 Oct 3 2006, 07:26:30 PM
Lisa Brescia FOR THE WIN.
re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Jul 5 2006, 11:31:19 PM
One of my personal favorites,

Middle Aged Woman at Wicked in Pittsburgh: Jenna Leigh Green was NOT on Sabrina the Teenage Witch. That was Melissa Joan Hart! Unless she changed her name!

I also enjoy this story, with Kelly Karbacz who was playing Maureen in RENT, after a performance:

Older man: Will you sign this for me? (hands her the cast recording)
Kelly: You want me to sign this? You know i'm not on this cd, right?
Older man: You're not? I've never heard thi

re: Wicked Cast Change
 May 30 2006, 06:56:59 PM
When I found out Sean was leaving Wicked, I was SO disappointed. He's been the person keeping me involved in the NY production for a long time, and I'm terribly sad to see him leave. However, I am beyond excited that he's moving on to Mary Poppins where I imagine he'll do extraordinary things just as he did for Wicked.
Wedding Singer's Cahoon Heads to Joe's Pub in June
 May 18 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Kevin Cahoon, who plays George in the new musical The Wedding Singer, will perform at Joe's Pub next month.

Cahoon and his band, Ghetto Cowboy, will play the intimate stage located within the Public Theater June 25. Cahoon and Cowboy will offer tunes from their newly released CD, "Doll"; show time is 11:30 PM.

Kevin Cahoon was recently seen on Broadway as the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and his other Main Stem credits include The Rocky Horror Show, The Lion King and The Who's Tommy. Cahoon played the title role in Hedwig and the Angry Inch and was also seen Off-Broadway in The Foreigner. He and his band, Ghetto Cowboy, have also played CBGB's and Don Hill's.

Joe's Pub is located within the Public Theater at 425 Lafayette Avenue. Tickets, priced at $20, are available by calling (212) 539-8778.

re: are rights for wicked out?
 May 8 2006, 07:45:46 PM
Normally when you perform selections from a show there's a disclaimer somewhere on the sheet music saying something about sets or costuming similar to the production are illegal. At least, I've seen them anyway.
re: Condolences to Shoshana Bean
 May 1 2006, 07:41:46 PM
I feel awful for his family and Shoshana. That's something no one should have to go through.

She has a good head on her shoulders, and I can only hope she gets through this with as much strength and grace as she expressed in the statement on that website.

re: Wicked 4/30 NY -- an 8pm show?
 Apr 28 2006, 11:43:21 PM
Thanks. Seriously, I was totally clueless. I must start reading things again.
Wicked 4/30 NY -- an 8pm show?
 Apr 28 2006, 11:17:59 PM
So, why in the world would I be posting a Wicked question? Because this is quite confusing. When I get bored, I play around on Ticketmaster for last minute tix. Apparently, there's an 8pm show of Wicked this Sunday. Does anyone know why there's a second show? Is it a mistake? I'm almost intrigued!
re: RENT PETITION
 Apr 27 2006, 10:35:47 PM
Whoever said they should write letters was right. Petitons really don't do anything in the end except create clutter and end up in the hands of people who aren't important. If you want to take a stand organize a letter writing project, or send in cowbells or something like that. Do something to make people take notice.
maxwell leaves sloane because of baldwin
 Apr 26 2006, 11:17:58 PM
Word, Gretchen. WORD.
re: Chat anyone?
 Apr 24 2006, 07:27:09 PM
woohoo lets get this party started. or something.
re: Marry Poppins is....
 Apr 21 2006, 12:17:19 AM
Emcee - I concur. For real.
re: Things that annoy you...
 Apr 18 2006, 12:26:42 PM
People who tell me they can't afford to see a broadway show who make more money than I do. Which is the general population.
re: Wicked witch of the east
 Apr 15 2006, 07:58:01 PM
On the flip side, I think it's a wonderful surprise to people who have heard the cast recording before they've seen the show. It's such a "beautifully tragic" moment in the show, and most people seem to like it very much.
re: Best Theatre Usher & Best Stage Door Manager
 Apr 12 2006, 11:05:21 PM
Richie & Pecas are the best, period.
re: Our Megan Hilty Interview is up!
 Apr 12 2006, 11:01:46 PM
Aww, thank you smiles -- my friend Val got into Anthony/RENT because of me, and so when she went to Anthony's book signing, she got that for me. I'm a sucker for Charlie Brown.
re: Best Understudy (please keep it between 2003-2006)
 Apr 12 2006, 10:29:19 AM
Caren Lyn Manuel and Karmine Alers in RENT.

And I'd like to second Sean McCourt in Wicked.

Wow, I sound like a fangirl.

re: Our Megan Hilty Interview is up!
 Apr 12 2006, 10:22:33 AM
HAHAHA. I was also at the table during this interview, and let me say -- it's as funny now, as it was then.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You