News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pupscotch

Member Name: pupscotch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MEAN GIRLS Movie Musical - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 12 2024, 04:34:08 PM

I had low expectations for the movie and it about met them. Jaquel Spivey was really great as Damian and I wish he’d had a full number like Where Do You Belong, he shined whenever he was on screen. Angourie Rice was deeply boring and the reorchestrations for Stupid With Love were just awful, that number is so flat in the film. Renee and Auli’i were also good.

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Dec 24 2022, 10:18:42 AM

For another cancellation line story: I did the cancellation line yesterday on 12/23 looking to get tickets for the matinee at 2pm. I got there at about 8:45am and was the third person in line, but both people in front of me were looking for two tickets (you're allowed to buy up to two, which I didn't know until I got there). The fourth person didn't arrive until 11:15am, and then ended up leaving later, and there was a steady stream of people starting at 11:35. By the time the box

is anyone winning hadestown or moulin rouge lottery tix  Jul 21 2019, 09:15:12 AM
I won the Hadestown lottery a little while ago, and we were Center Front Mezz Row G. Amazing seats and a fantastic show, especially for only 42.50 each!
LaDuca Sale  Jul 20 2019, 12:02:17 PM

I’m making my first pilgrimage to the LaDuca sale this year, and I’m looking for any tips or information anyone can share! What time should I get there? I’m not necessarily looking to get any of the limited edition shoes, just some of the stock items. What kind of discounts are there on stock shoes? I’ve been looking for pricing info online and I can’t find anything except that they've got a 15% online discount. Is the in-store discount be

Six reviews  Jul 17 2019, 11:04:11 PM

Mister Matt said: "Additionally... the ladies playing Anne B, Jane, and Anna are just extraordinary. I can't imagine anyone better.

I sorta feel that way about all of them from the original Chicago cast. To me, they've all become rather iconic in their respective roles. That being said, I'd LOVE a studio recording of the songs performed by some of the stars who inspired the characters. Can you imagine how fast that CD would chart? I'd thrill at the

NYT: Brantely & Green discuss Tony nominations  May 9 2018, 06:26:44 PM
I cannot for the life of me figure out why they bother to include Off-Broadway shows in the “Should Have Been Nominated” category. They did it in virtually every category, and while I agree that Broadway was a bit lacking, there’s no reason to include Off-Broadway on a list of Tony predictions.
Who is closing post tony nominations?  May 2 2018, 11:21:02 PM

bwayemma said: "Do y'all even realize that Nickelodeon has the $ to keep Spongebob running for as long as they want despite weak ticket sales.... Also the Palace is MASSIVE and it's harder to fill to the brim. Even if it does close, they'll probably tour immediately and it will sell very well."

They might have the money, but no smart company will keep an unprofitable endeavor going. They will likely tour, but I can't see why it's a smart business

Tony Awards 2018 Winner Predictions Thread  May 2 2018, 07:03:40 PM

SondhiemForever said: "

Best Featured Actress in a Musical

Ariana DeBose, “summer: The Donna Summer Musical”

Renée Fleming, “Carousel”

Lindsay Mendez, “Carousel”

Ashley Park, “Mean Girls”

Diana Rigg, “My Fair Lady”

An easier category than others, DeBose’s nomination is her win, coming from a show

2018 Drama Desk Nominations & Awards  Apr 26 2018, 12:12:10 PM

Bwayfan292 said: "edit: also a Hailey Kilgore Snub??? Wtf is this list."

Lauren Ambrose, too. This is totally ridiculous.

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Reviews  Apr 19 2018, 09:48:03 PM

QueenAlice said: "I think that is a silly argument against Shaloub. It’s best actor in a musical- not best singer in a musical. And he’s going to be up against Henry Higgins which is a talk sing role anyway."

I thought the main argument was that he’s no longer in the show. He’s phenomenal, I agree, but that will likely be a strike against him.

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Reviews  Apr 19 2018, 09:12:27 PM
With only three real contenders, and none receiving unanimous praise, I can’t imagine HHP doesn’t still have a shot.
Way too early 2018 Tony Predictions Thread  Apr 18 2018, 08:03:27 AM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Joshua Henry seems pretty set to win, no?"

I wouldn’t mind if he won, but I too am desperately hoping for Hadden-Paton. He was absolutely terrific as Higgins. 

My Fair Lady Student Rush  Apr 17 2018, 05:05:33 PM
I’ve checked it out a few times, they told me each time that they were sold out and wouldn’t have rush for the forseeable future.
Way too early 2018 Tony Predictions Thread  Apr 9 2018, 07:50:40 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "My current thoughts on the performance nominations:

Lead Actor: Harry Hadden-Paton, Joshua Henry, Tony Shalhoub, and Ethan Slater (only four)

Lead Actress: LaurenAmbrose, Hailey Kilgore, CaissieLenk, Jessie Mueller, Patti Murin

Featured Actor: Norbert Leo Butz, Grey Henson, Gavin Lee, AlexNewell, Ari'el Stachel

Featured Actress:Caissie Levy, LindsayMendez, Kenita R.Miller, Diana Rigg, Kate Rockwell
"

For all your love for Katrina Lenk, I’m shocked you nominated Caissie Lenk over her

Would broadway be affected if the purge was real?  Apr 6 2018, 11:16:20 PM
The bootlegging high schoolers would come out in droves.
Would broadway be affected if the purge was real?  Apr 6 2018, 11:16:19 PM
The bootlegging high schoolers would come out in droves.
petition to rename Booth Theater after Lin Manuel miranda  Mar 21 2018, 10:03:02 PM

If we’re renaming the theater (which I think is completely and utterly pointless), why not for Cole Porter, or Oscar Hammerstein, or even Andrew Lloyd Webber? Perhaps after Jerome Robbins or Hal Prince? Lin isn’t even on my list of people that should have theaters named after them. I have enjoyed reading this thread though! 

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews  Mar 15 2018, 10:10:01 PM

Danielle49 said: "I feel like an idiot for not buying spring LincTix when they were available. Hoping I have luck with the lottery or hear about student rush reports. So glad to hear folks are loving it so far!"

I actually went to the box office today to see if I could get a student rush ticket, and it turns out they aren't offering any until they have the availability, which the box office person told me would not be for the foreseeable future. If anyone had a d

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews  Jan 4 2018, 12:35:17 PM
I was at the matinee and can confirm that Hailey did stop the show and call for stage management, who couldn’t make it down to remove the patrons, so the show continued anyway afterwards.
OffBroadway/OffWestEnd  Nov 7 2017, 01:06:34 PM
A New Brain has some amazing songs.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You