News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OhHiii

Member Name: OhHiii
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 11 2024, 09:31:40 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Was Ursual from The Little Mermaid the inspiration for his opening night look? "

Cole uses they/them pronouns.

Broadway Rumors/Whispers
 Jul 10 2024, 05:01:28 PM

Chess was delayed due to Lea having a baby, which is happening soon so ostensibly, they could come in in the spring if it’s still in the works. I have no idea if Lea will sell a show outside of fulfilling a sort of cultural prophecy in Funny Girl and Florence seems like such a strange next role.  

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/7/24
 Jul 10 2024, 07:23:53 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "i wish they would bring back the gross potential. That was always such a fascinating number."

It also came to mean almost nothing because of dynamic pricing pre-COVID. Productions that were hits were changing gross potential every day with price changes, so it didn’t actually indicate anything. I get why they don’t report that anymore. 

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 7 2024, 08:57:22 AM

Kad said: "to say nothing of the mind bogglingly bad optics of a group of white feminists trying to shut down a show featuring a diverse cast)they have very little to build on here."

I like to call this Taylor Swift feminism. Hollow.

Jul 4 2024, 01:37:44 PM

I in no way intended any antisemitic sentiment in sharing something that had been discussed in industry circles. That it was taken that way I feel horrible about and taking that as a lesson in intent vs impact. Thanks for calling that out. 

Jul 4 2024, 11:51:36 AM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "OhHiii said: "RW3 said: "WldKingdomHM said: "Looks like a stunt. Upcoming weeks looks like they are in trouble selling wise. Reminds me of the Parade stunt"

Wait, you genuinely believe that the Parade producers hired people to have an anti-Semitic protest outside of the theatre?
"

Hate to say it, but this has been a rumor in the industry since it happened. And the evidence isn’t not con

Jul 3 2024, 08:23:08 AM

RW3 said: "WldKingdomHM said: "Looks like a stunt. Upcoming weeks looks like they are in trouble selling wise. Reminds me of the Parade stunt"

Wait, you genuinely believe that the Parade producers hired people to have an anti-Semitic protest outside of the theatre?
"

Hate to say it, but this has been a rumor in the industry since it happened. And the evidence isn’t not convincing given there were other shows with Jewish subject matt

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jun 23 2024, 05:45:05 PM

Phillyguy said: "I'm looking at the seat map for multiple dates during the preview and it seems that all the front orchestra seats are unavailable. Do you think they are already sold out or if some are held back to be released later?

Trying to decide if I need to pull the trigger on the remaining seats or wait.
"

The front rows won’t be put on sale until the set is loaded in and they have a sense of the stage height will be such that they have to

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York
 Jun 22 2024, 08:39:16 AM

The Jones seems most likely if they’re announcing this coming week given Heart of R&R will be closed. Wonder if they’ll be trying to come in this Fall. 

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
 Jun 20 2024, 10:38:37 AM

quizking101 said: "Who do I have to make nasty with for them to stop recycling Christians and get some new ones?

Aaron is the best of the pretty white boy brigade they have going, but good lord, are they just not even trying to find new faces?
"

Moulin Rouge’s sales have historically lagged over the summer. This is a distinct effort to counteract that. It’s not a cheap show to run with a break even probably north of $1mil, so they can’t lo

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
 Jun 20 2024, 10:11:00 AM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Aaron Tveit and JoJo will return as Christian and Satine from July 23 until October 13."

The amount of money they must be throwing at Aaron to get him to come back must be staggering. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 12:18:28 PM

Oh I agree entirely that the execution of HK was horrid. Same page there. It’s those that are bemoaning the entire conceit of celebrities performing with the cast that I’m referring to as clueless. 

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 17 2024, 12:06:12 PM

KitKatBoy24 said: "I could see this going to Gavin Creel, Andy Karl, Christian Borle, maybe Corey Cott. Creel seems like the most logical and best fit."

I’d bet money Corey Cott in particular would not be interested in playing Jim Bakker in a show where Jim Bakker doesn’t come out looking great…

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 11:50:52 AM

You can like it or not, celebrity artists will always be a part of any shows performance that makes sense. This made sense. I’m just glad none of you are making marketing decisions for shows. This is the biggest commercial opportunity for any new show. It would be foolish not to pull out all firepower to sell as many tickets as possible. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 11:45:45 AM

Fosse76 said: "And let's face it, Keyes' and Jay-Z's fanbases weren't ever going to be tuning in to the Tonys."

Not the point. In the age of social media, it doesn’t matter if any given person tunes into a live broadcast, but that they see it after the fact and that is indeed happening and her fans as well as his are seeing that they performed the song for the first time in years this morning in support of a musical on Broadway that they didn&rs

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 11:40:52 AM

CurtainsUpat8 said: "You know what I was wrong and you are correct. That did happen with Waitress and that was awful as well.

I wish Gen Z would learn how to use the word "literally" correctly.
"

Aww bitterness is ugly babe, just take the L. I wish I was in my youth and a part of Gen Z though, so I’ll take your snark as a compliment that you think I’m young. 

In any case the people stamping their feet now didn’t stamp

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 10:23:09 AM

CurtainsUpat8 said: "tell me another time this has happened? It's new, I believe. Yes, it's marketing I understand that, I don't need a lecture on what was going on. It was AWFUL and it set a terrible precedent. Just more decline in the theatre world. Little by Little. Year by Year."

Literally just gave you an example. Sara Bareilles. Waitress. 2016. Get a grip.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 10:07:33 AM

CurtainsUpat8 said: "I think something happened last night which I have never seen happen before.

Alicia Keyes STOLE the song from Maleah. Maleah WON THE TONY. And the composer stepped in and took her best number. So we never got to hear the young lady who WON the award because the composer decided it was best she sing it. That was AWFUL. That was a disgrace imho.
"

I think you need to understand what this performance was about. It was about selling tic

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 10:03:52 AM

Dylan Smith4 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "No offense, but I hope this is the last time Debose hosts."

I would love for Lin Manuel Miranda to host!
"

Please for the love of everything no.

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jun 17 2024, 09:56:04 AM

Blindbutlerdeafmaid said: "OhHiii said: "lol another one the oracle called correctly. It’s kinda getting scary at this point."

There was nothing to "call", the press release went out late-Friday afternoon and wasembargoed until this morning. Either early posters betrayed the confidence of a friend that received the press release as a member of the press and trusted them with the info or a friend who has an economic interest in the news be

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You