News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OhHiii

Member Name: OhHiii
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 8 2024, 08:24:48 AM

BETTY22 said: "How is Heart staying open....they are losing 300,000 each week?

Notebook is in trouble too.
"

It’s giving laundering. lol

Also, I don’t know what world you look at here grosses and write the obituaries of so many that are being thrown around. Like….the new musicals that got good reviews are above $1mil. The revivals are strong. Plays are not doing gangbusters but they aren’t floundering either. I think

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 8 2024, 08:24:24 AM

BETTY22 said: "How is Heart staying open....they are losing 300,000 each week?

Notebook is in trouble too.
"

Laundering is how lol.

Also, I don’t know what world you look at here grosses and write the obituaries of so many that are being thrown around. Like….the new musicals that got good reviews are above $1mil. The revivals are strong. Plays are not doing gangbusters but they aren’t floundering either. I think the narrative of &l

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  May 7 2024, 04:46:51 AM

TheatreFan4 said: "The Gaga Pregnancy rumors were way back in October, she'snot pregnant."

You must not be online much because this is very much still speculated.

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  May 6 2024, 09:37:28 PM

It is absolutely absurd to me that the reopening act of the LEGENDARY Palace Theathre is Ben Platt. Like in what world is that in any way meaningful? The sales show exactly what I mean. 

What I will say though is that originally, the plan was Lady Gaga doing a residency to re-open the venue. Rumor is she’s pregnant, so I imagine that fell through relatively last minute and they weren’t ultimately able to book a replacement given that the Nederlanders no doubt

FINDING NEVERLAND headed to the West End in 2025?  May 6 2024, 10:03:46 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Who owns the rights to this? Is it because Harvey is outta jail, he’s doing it in London now?? I didn’t realize the tour got stopped because of Covid."

lol Harvey is still rotting in an LA prison. Only his NYC conviction was overturned. He likely has no say any longer on licensing for this.

R+J revival- which theatre?  May 2 2024, 10:43:52 AM

Delete

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 2 2024, 05:53:52 AM

Bill Snibson said: "Ok. I'm not opposed to you working on the show or not but yourattention to detail reeks of an intern reading production notes of all the daily changes."

Wht are you so rude every single time you pop up it seems? They said they do this as a hobby and they’ve done this for other Chicago tryouts, notably Boop and the digests of changes were interesting to a good deal of posters. Maybe it’s time for you to log off.

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 26 2024, 11:36:47 AM

This show isn’t selling well enough in previews for the size of what it is for these reviews to move the needle in a meaningful way. There will only be one Gatsby on Broadway in 2025.

Lempicka false advertising  Apr 22 2024, 06:11:56 AM

The New York Times would have pulled the ad themselves had the writers complained they were misrepresented. The thing is, their feelings about the show WEREN’T misrepresented by these two quotes. They are indeed of the spirit of their full reviews. And this is hardly the first production on Broadway (there are typically several per season) that uses a quote from a past production of the show. It’s obviously a questionable Hail Mary “what do we have to lose” move, but m

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 06:00:47 AM

imeldasturn said: "People here tend to forget Sunset got mostly 3 or 4 starreviews, positive but hardly raves. The New York Times liked it better than any critic in London"

Including you apparently because the lion’s share of their reviews were indeed 4/5 stars. It got some 3 stars, yes. A simple google search would tell you as much. But we know that production has the knives out for it, so keep talking I guess. 

Anyway, Eddie Redma

THE WIZ Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 18 2024, 05:39:12 AM

I just don’t understand how Williams has landed these positions when the results are consistently this mediocre at best. Same was said for her Aida in Europe. It doesn’t seem she has any point of view to speak of in her direction (not that working with Greif is a way to broaden your range), and it’s even clearer that she does not have a vocabulary with design teams. It’s her responsibility to guide her team to realize her vision…well and to have

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 16 2024, 05:51:06 AM

bear88 said: "nothing is stopping them from trying."

well except the $20+ million they’ve already wrung dry over the course of the better part of a decade. 

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 01:39:48 PM

Ok, perhaps not re: tech noms. 

Also, MRJ has now responded to Sara and completely contradicted his very own argument. He himself is telling a critic how to approach her work that she should not be critiquing how an artist approaches their own. He's made this exchange a....loop.

https://x.com/TheLivingMJ/status/1779915256149450929

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 10:51:35 AM

Michael R Jackson thinking he’s Jeremy O Harris with these takes….other reviews said MUCH pettier things, yet he’s going after one of the only prominent female critics in the biz? (Though I suppose his feelings toward women in general can be gathered by how he writes about and for his own female characters in his shows.) Nevermind that Sara is one of the best in the biz when it comes to being measured and thoughtful. She even gave praise to Be More Chill for

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 10:07:32 AM

theatergoer3 said: "Holden is getting dragged on Twitter but having seen an earlier preview, it’s a very fair review of the piece."

If twitter is where your most ardent supporters are, you've already failed.

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 10:05:53 AM

Kad said: "OhHiii said: "Given the STARK lack of any visible advertising this morning for this show, I'm willing to bet they have just enough in reserve to make it to nominations week and will post closing notice on Wednesday, May 1. This will get technical nominations easily, but really not much else that would give any hope of boosting it. There's no money to be made by shows playing hero and pushing through the awards time period. We saw how that panned out for So

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 10:01:43 AM

A lot of blame here is being put on Gould and Kritzer in these review, but Rachel Chavkin (with all the sway and power that comes along with having her at the helm) was not able to steer the show either. She's given a pass in most of these write-ups because of her past successes, but at the end of the day, she's staged an incoherent mess. She's due just as much of a wallop as the writers got.

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Apr 15 2024, 09:56:31 AM

inception said: "When I go to the theatre, I want to watch the performersin the frigging theatre,not on a screen. I thought that staging was a piece of sh!t & not at all thrilling.

My time in NY this Fallwill be short, with time to only see 5 shows, and I don't think this will make the cut. I hope to be back for longer Spring 2025; there's tickets on sale through to nextSummer - let's see if it actually lasts.

Edit To clarify, I didn'

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 09:51:39 AM

Given the STARK lack of any visible advertising this morning for this show, I'm willing to bet they have just enough in reserve to make it to nominations week and will post closing notice on Wednesday, May 1. This will get technical nominations easily, but really not much else that would give any hope of boosting it. There's no money to be made by shows playing hero and pushing through the awards time period. We saw how that panned out for Some Like It Hot, Shucked and Kimberly Akimbo

2024 Olivier Awards - Predictions/News & Discussion Thread  Apr 14 2024, 02:48:11 PM

butlervyer said: "I thought the Sunset performance was such a nothingburger, exactly as it was during the show too. The actual material itself lands without any impact, it's purely about them getting the technical timing right. It barely even relates to/ situates itself among the lyrics."

Lol yall move so quick when anyone praises this production. It’s inarguably a feat to pull off.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You