News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sittingovation

Member Name: sittingovation
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Rarest/most valuable playbills
 Dec 13 2023, 11:03:23 PM

Without digging deep into my collection.....the one that pops into my head is the 3389 record breaking performance of A CHORUS LINE (even signed by Donna McKechnie).  That was one of the greatest musical theatre experiences in my lifetime.  

Plus, I have a MOOSE MURDERS opening night playbill.

Saddest Broadway Songs
 Jan 18 2021, 05:02:40 PM

Surprised no one has mentioned:

"MAMA, LOOK SHARP" from 1776

or

'FAR FROM THE HOME I LOVE" from FIDDLER ON THE ROOF.

What Is The Cheapest Broadway Musical Ever?
 Oct 17 2020, 08:54:22 AM
What about THE BLOND IN THE THUNDERBIRD?
Sondheim at 90: NYT
 Mar 15 2020, 03:59:20 PM

Is that a wedding ring?

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre
 Feb 12 2020, 04:31:31 PM

THAT SCENE in DEATHTRAP.  I've never, nver, never, heard an audience scream and jump out of fright.  I saw the show twice and the reaction was always the same.  For those who haven't witnessed it...I don't want to spoil it for you.

BROADWAY CHOREOGRAPHY I WOULD LOVE TO LEARN
 Feb 7 2020, 04:05:12 PM

These are my top 5 I dream of learning one day:

1.  I WANT TO BE HAPPY TAP NUMBER (No, No, Nanette)

2.  i HOPE I GET (Chorus Line) - any part of the opening number

3.  FAVORITE SON  (Will Rogers Follies) - you can sit to "dance"

4.  SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE (Contact)  

5. LET'S RAISE A GLASS TOGETHER (GRAND HOTEL)  would love to dance with the hotel staff)

Entrances That Give You Chills
 Feb 4 2020, 06:07:04 PM

Katherine Hepburn coming down those stairs in her salon as COCO Chanel.  The night I saw it the audience wouldn't stop applauding her entrance and Kate even tried to speak her lines but got drowned out with even more applause.  

re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
 Jan 16 2020, 04:28:38 PM

This didn't happen in a show....but, I was in Carol Channings hotel room overseas conversing with her husband Charles Lowe about a problem that had arisen.  Well, Ms Channing did not hear or see us and walked into the room in her birthday suit.  Boy did I get an eye full.  Top that!

Favorite Dance Number Music?
 Nov 16 2018, 08:48:51 PM

I'm very fond of the 2 big dance numbers in "ON YOUR Toes":  'ON YOUR TOES"  and 'SLAUGHTER ON TENTH AVENUE".    SLAUGHTER is great for going out on walks and/or exercising in your room too.

Plays you want to see revived in the next 10 years
 Oct 27 2018, 06:25:59 PM

Someone beat me to this but I would love to see a revival of DEATHTRAP.   The twist and turns were endless and it was the first time I have ever heard an audience scream at a particular part of the play.  It happened at every performce that I saw.

Most enthusiastic audience you have experienced?
 Feb 6 2018, 04:03:39 PM
In all of my theatre going years nothing will ever compare to the 3,389 performance of A CHORUS LINE. It was one jaw dropping moment after another. Of course the finale just put you in theatrical heaven. NOTHING will ever top that performance.

Plus an honorable mention: Luciano Pavarotti's final opera performance at the MET. Love flowed from audience to stage and vice-versa.

Most enthusiastic audience you have experienced?
 Feb 6 2018, 04:03:38 PM
In all of my theatre going years nothing will ever compare to the 3,389 performance of A CHORUS LINE. It was one jaw dropping moment after another. Of course the finale just put you in theatrical heaven. NOTHING will ever top that performance.

Plus an honorable mention: Luciano Pavarotti's final opera performance at the MET. Love flowed from audience to stage and vice-versa.

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets
 Jun 13 2016, 04:52:54 PM

Another thnx for the Broadway.com tip!!!  Just bought a single for late April '17 for $332.55 - location Rear Mezz Row C dead center!!!   After getting so frustrated trying to get a ticket thru Ticketmaster this was a breeze maneuver.   

Jun 13 2016, 12:38:05 AM

Gave up on the new block but got 2 tix for late Sep '16 rear mezz $150 each!!   Shaking my head on this one.  Great seats too!

Jun 12 2016, 12:20:03 PM

Can anyone please clarify what time the new block of HAMILTON  tix will be on sale tonight (12jun).  Is it 8p or 11:10p(est)??? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You