News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for upinlights

upinlights Profile Photo
Member Name: upinlights
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

First show to post closing after nominations  Apr 30 2019, 07:49:18 PM

Side note, does anyone know if Jen Tepper is related to businessman David Tepper? I've always wondered but never found anything online

Help me pick a matinee!  Mar 13 2019, 12:45:13 PM
Okay, ferryman is out since I’m doubtful I can sprint to the theater in time. I listened to the first few tracks of both Josh Cohen and the Prom, and I’m super torn! My feelings are that JC will close before I come home in the spring, so I might as well see it now, and the Prom might hold on until then so I can see it then. Might also just be a spur of the moment decision, oof
Help me pick a matinee!  Mar 13 2019, 12:14:54 PM

Hi all,
I’m home on spring break and Im planning on catching a matinee this afternoon. Its an awkward time as its right before shows Im dying to see open, but I figured I would check something out anyway. Going by whats currently on TKTS and TodayTix, whats the best choice between the Ferryman, the Prom, and the Other Josh Cohen? All very different shows, but if I wont get to see anything else until May, what should I see?

edit: I’m on mobile and for some reason all my puntuaction has been deleted

What to do about ITH professional production with non POC in lead roles?  Jan 8 2019, 03:16:32 PM

Fellow Pittsburgher here. Moving past what's been said above me, these feelings could be channeled into supporting the diversity that does exist in the PGH arts scene! There's the August Wilson Cultural Center, great events celebrating diversity, inclusion, and accessibility at the Warhol, and even productions showcasing student diversity at CMU/Pitt/etc. We COULD focus on this one production of ITH, or do our part in supporting diverse theater around us :)

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Jan 8 2019, 02:55:35 PM

Emmaloucbway said: "The official schedule on My Fair Lady's LCT page mentions that Benanti will be performing tomorrow but not the evening show on Wednesday (1/9)."

Heads up, TodayTix had tomorrow night on sale for $49, and I almost bought tickets but I thought to double check here first! Glad I did, as the price went up and Laura will be out.

A Star Is Born review. WOW!  Oct 5 2018, 12:32:16 AM

Saw this a few nights ago at a screening at my college... I didn't like it, and neither did most of the people there. The music is phenomenal, and several scenes are so aesthetically stunning that it's incredible. Plot was predictable and boring, dialogue was confusing, and I wasn't a fan of the montage used to develop a lot of their relationship (not a spoiler). Saw it for Gaga, will download soundtrack for Gaga, but overall, I was underwhelmed. 

Everybodys Talking About Jamie transfer?  Sep 18 2018, 10:06:18 PM

EJ24642 said: "They announced on their social media pages today that they have an exciting announcement tomorrow. I'm wondering if this means it will be shown in cinemas internationally, or if it will make the jump to Broadway."

Came here to ponder the same thing! People in the comments on their Instagram are saying they hope it's another cinema screening or a DVD, but I really don't think they would do that when the show still has potential for a transfe

Spotting Celebrities at Shows  Sep 8 2018, 09:45:49 PM

I met Jim Carrey backstage at Hamilton a few years back... I thought he was a possible KGIII replacement because it was right before Groff left, but no. 

How much longer does SUMMER have?  Sep 7 2018, 04:24:38 PM

Got a promo email advertising performances until January 6, 2019, but I haven't seen this posted as a closing anywhere... does it even have that long?

How can I convice my parents to let me go see a Broadway show by myself.  Aug 22 2018, 04:56:00 PM

Hey! As someone who grew up in the NYC suburbs and moved for school just last week, I have a ton of experience in theater by myself/managing my parents/etc... I would say 14 is a bit young, especially coming from LI and having to walk or taxi from Penn to the theater district yourself. I started going to the city by myself right before I turned 15, but I was also a bit closer to the city than you are. My mom wasn't big on me taking the train and walking in the dark, so the first time I sa

I want to like Ken Fallin's caricatures, but I dont  Aug 17 2018, 10:42:20 PM

I get SO EXCITED every time this thread pops up, y'all have NO. IDEA. 

Joe Dziemianowicz Parts Ways With NY Daily News  Jul 23 2018, 03:11:56 PM

These were some brutal layoffs. Always liked reading his reviews!

Be More Chill Off-Broadway  Jul 23 2018, 11:23:17 AM

JPeterman said: "We are going this Sunday evening, July 29. There are 5 of us but it is soundinglike 2 of us don’t want to go, so I may have 2 extra tickets. I’m not sure yet. Please message me if you are interested in buying them at face value, if available. They are good seats. Cheers"

PM'd you!

Reselling Be More Chill  Jul 17 2018, 08:21:57 PM

Hi everyone!

Couldn't find a thread specifically about this, but I'm wondering if anyone has any guesses on what the availability of BMC tickets will be on Stubhub or other resale sites. I'm dying to see the show, and of course the dates that aren't already sold out are for after I move out of NYC. Is there a chance resellers bought tickets and are holding them? Do y'all think there could be a lottery in the works? OR, does anyone have a ticket they want to get rid

Ticketing Glitch Leads to Bargain on Broadway  Jul 11 2018, 03:06:04 PM

I've gotten SO. MANY. EMAILS. for discounts from them-- there's no way this wasn't on purpose. I guess it's better to sell a seat for $17 than for it to not sell at all. 

West End to Broadway Transfers  Jul 9 2018, 02:35:09 PM

Hadestown is calling its West End showing a "pre Broadway engagement," so it will probably transfer sooner or later. 

I saw Jamie last week after listening to the soundtrack on repeat. John McCrea's Jamie is untouchable and Josie Walker was just fabulous, but the show itself could use a bit of retooling. A lot of slow moments back to back, or underdeveloped characters. That being said, once Kinky Boots closes, I think it could be a fun replacement! The score is

Most anticipated 2018 Fall Shows  Jul 9 2018, 12:26:03 PM

Torch Song and The Cher Show for me! 

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS closing Sept.16  Jul 9 2018, 12:04:58 PM

UGH, I'm actually pretty upset about this! I've seen the show twice and have loved it every time. It may not be a perfect production, but the joy it radiates is truly infectious. Sad to see it go!

Heath-conscious  Jul 6 2018, 05:18:13 AM

cjmclaughlin10 said: "Thanks for all the suggestions. Any thoughts on Pure Ktchn?
http://www.purektchn.com

or P.S. Kitchen?
https://www.ps-kitchen.com
"

I love pure kitchen! I used to work in HK and would go here al the time. It’s sort of fast casual with a few tables, so it’s great if you’re short on time. They have great acai bowls and an awesome avocado tartine sandwich! 

Heathers to the West End  Jun 19 2018, 12:11:37 AM

Oh wow, I REALLY hate that choreography. Like, I REALLY HATE IT. I'm planning on seeing this in a few weeks when I go to London, and I love the show anyway, but I'm not quite sure what to expect...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You