News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dancingthroughlife008

dancingthroughlife008 Profile Photo
Member Name: dancingthroughlife008
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Spelling Bee Rush Question
 Aug 18 2007, 05:03:25 PM
i went at around 6:45 for an 8 p.m. curtain a few weeks ago and got two rush tickets. i guess it depends on the day...
re: You Can't Take it With You
 Oct 10 2005, 12:22:38 PM
I just got cast as Gay Wellington in my high school's production of this show which I'm really excited about because it's a fun role. As far as the show is concerned, it is definitely extremely dated but if it's done really well the humor is there. (ours will not be done well but we won't get into that) Unfortunately for you there aren't a lot of fun male roles to play, Ed is about the only one. But there's Tony which is the other young lead, just not as much fun as the 'wacky' family. Break a l
re: Quick Costume Changes
 Sep 25 2005, 01:42:11 PM
On the same subject SOM, there are many fast changes for all of the children. I was involved in a production of SOM a few years ago (in which the cast included a certain RustyJusty many of us are familian with on this board), and I worked as a dresser backstage for the two boys of the show and there were some ridiculous changes. The one from their playclothes to their uniforms before they sing for the governess springs to mind as possibly the fastest. Also, the change from uniforms to dressy cl
re: Pump-Up Songs
 Aug 3 2005, 09:14:21 PM
At a theatre I regularly perform at, a group of us would go up to the third floor rehearsal room and get our groove on to West Side Story, Tick, Tick...Boom!, Rent, and L5Y just to get the blood pumping and adrenaline going...it was fun and nice to let loose before going into performance mode.
re: What is the first/last cast recording in your collection alphabetically
 Aug 1 2005, 01:47:14 PM
first: technically the sample cd of Altar Boyz....but after that it's Avenue Q
last: Zanna, Don't!

re: Songs with proper name geographic locations in their titles
 Jul 29 2005, 03:28:27 PM
Bali Ha'i from South Pacific
re: Tick...Tick...BOOM! vs. Rent
 Jul 29 2005, 03:16:08 PM
I agree they are very different, and equally beautiful. However, I find TTB to be more heartbreakingly gorgeous and more relatable...sometimes I feel Rent has an almost fairy-tale like ending. It has changed my life and opened my eyes to so many things, but at the same time, while I realize they all still have AIDS and no jobs and things like that at the end, the way Mimi comes back from nearly dying and everyone gets back together at the end, it just seems like a more put-together ending than T
re: CAMP !!!!!!! WOW
 Jul 26 2005, 12:43:01 PM
This movie is a complete disaster.
re: Sutton on A Makeover Story tomorrow!
 Jul 25 2005, 12:34:35 PM
Oh mannnn...Sutton and Jen are both so adorable! I can't take it! I'm so glad I caught this!
re: RENT continuity question???
 Jul 17 2005, 01:41:53 PM
I always assumed that on his way to the lot he ran into Collins and Angel and returned back to the loft with them.
"except isn't he already back in the apt. before collins and angel show up? I mean he doesn't walk in with them if I remember the staging correctly."
I took that as Mark went in first to introduce them to Roger with the line "Enter Tom Collins, computer genious, teacher, vagabond anarchist who ran naked through the Parthanon..." I don't think Makr was actually there before

re: Megan Hilty
 Jul 17 2005, 01:20:31 AM
i love rustyjusty. well said.
re: WHo Would Be Your Dream Pair For The Last 5 Years?
 May 29 2005, 03:45:52 PM
I just saw the George Street Playhouse production of this with Sarah Litzsinger and Colin Hanlon and I have to say he was phenomenal...I also loved Sarah. They were both wonderful. It was a beautiful production. But I am still partial to Sherie and The Butz. But these two gave them a run for their money.
re: What was the first cast recording you bought?
 Mar 2 2005, 05:42:18 PM
Les Miz when I was seven, it was my absolute favorite show and still is. After that was Ragtime.
re: Roles you wished you could play.......if you were the opposite sex.....
 Feb 4 2005, 11:27:55 PM
Snoopy-YAGMCB
Jack-Into the Woods
Angel-Rent
Marius-Les Miserables
Phantom or Raoul-POTO
Jamie-L5Y

oh there are just so many! I could go on and on...

re: Cast of LITTLE WOMEN to perform on The Early Show
 Feb 3 2005, 06:46:29 PM
ohhhh stupid high school! I SO wish I could catch this! They'll be amazing, as always.
re: New Wicked Pictures!
 Jan 26 2005, 04:48:08 PM
I've been having the same problem with my computer and the wicked site. I've been relying on my brother's computer to check out the new pics. It's so frusterating though. Anyone know why it's doing this??
re: Maureen McGovern...AMAZING
 Jan 25 2005, 09:14:00 PM
I agree. Her "Days of Plenty" was one of the best and most emotional parts of the entire show. I admit, the tears were flowing on that part. She's fabulous!
re: Remembering JL
 Jan 24 2005, 08:33:28 PM
Truly an amazing and gifted composer...an incredible loss. I join you in wearing my rent shirt with pride tomorrow. Ahhh it's too sad...I can't think about it. R.I.P. J-Lar.
re: Favorite Mimis
 Jan 17 2005, 06:55:35 PM
I'd say for me it's a tie between Krystal and Dominique Roy. They were both amazing.....I also was forced to sit through Mel B and that was just horrid. I now see that a good Mimi totally makes the show.
re: BSM in 'Man of La Mancha'
 Jan 17 2005, 06:48:59 PM
" That surprises me that you all are saying such good things about Marin's Aldonza...I did not see her in the role but I have heard that she is not too much of an actress...Correct me if I'm wrong..."

You are wrong. In my opinion at least. I happen to believe Marin is an amazing actress and an even more phenomenal singer. However, you obviously are not able to make any kind of opinion because you didn't see her in the role.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You