News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AbsolutKnight

AbsolutKnight Profile Photo
Member Name: AbsolutKnight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.AbsolutKnight.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Jenna Leigh Green as Elphaba!!  Apr 10 2005, 07:18:54 PM
I was there. If she got lifted up it certainly wasnt more then a few feet. And when the house lights came up I could hear a bunch of people around me saying "there must of been something wrong, she is supposed to lift up" I was in the 3rd row, so it was hard to see, but my friends were in the second row of the mezz and said she didnt lift up at all...
re: Jenna Leigh Green as Elphaba!!  Apr 10 2005, 02:20:53 PM
It made the scene very weird to be honest. Mainly becuase the stage is rather crowded at that point. So it was like they were trying to capture Elphaba, but couldnt even though she was like 5-10 feet away. the lighting effects still worked pretty well... however I could barely tell her huge cape was there.
re: Jenna Leigh Green as Elphaba!!  Apr 10 2005, 01:43:50 PM
yeah she pretty much just stood there on stage with the broom in her hand...
re: Jenna Leigh Green as Elphaba!!  Apr 10 2005, 12:56:15 PM
I dont know why she didn't fly. I was sitting off to the right in the 3rd row. And she looked like she was hooked up and stuff, so I just assumed some kind of technical error.
re: Jenna Leigh Green as Elphaba!!  Apr 10 2005, 12:21:27 PM
OK everyone. It looks like I am the first person to actually see Jenna as Elphaba, so I was told that I HAVE to post something.

I saw her at the Sat Matinee. Overall I think she did a very good job. She did a great job singing.

Very disappointing was the lack of flying during Defying Gravity. It was just very awkward because she was just standing there with her broom...

My only complaint was that her take on Elphaba didn't seem confident of herself. but tha

re: Major Musical revivals in Ontario this summer  Mar 25 2005, 08:50:46 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the news! I live in Buffalo so that is VERY close for me.
re: Misheard Lyrics  Feb 7 2005, 06:37:29 AM
In Scarlet Pimpernel from the song "Where's the Girl?":
"Like two jewels in the sky sharing fire"

The first couple times I heard that I thought it was:
"Like two jews in the sky sharing fire"

re: What are your thoughts on young British star Ruthie Henshall???  Jan 31 2005, 08:26:03 AM
She is totally one of my favorites!
re: How to Behave in the Theater  Jan 20 2005, 07:00:12 AM
A group of my friends all went to see Les Mis last year on tour, and during intermission my one friend got a hot pretzel. And I guess that wouldn't be so bad, but he wouldn't even start eating it until he got back to his seat, and didn't understand why he shouldn't (as we tried to explain)
re: Musicals that touched you?  Jan 20 2005, 06:43:44 AM
Definately Les Mis, Rent, and Miss Saigon... Especially the first time I saw each of them live...

Anyone else cry everytime at the end of Rent even though you know she isn't actually dead? Everytime I see it I am like "Why am I crying at this part?!"

re: How to Behave in the Theater  Jan 19 2005, 10:27:00 AM
Well, this seems like a good place to vent about my last theatre experience. I went with friends to see Mamma Mia! in Toronto on New Years Eve. Well we were in the second row of the upper Balcony. There was a bunch of people in front of us who felt they needed to rest themselves on the bar that goes along the front of the theatre and therefore blocked the view of most of 50% of the stage for everyone in the second row.

And when the man next to me tried to let them know they were b

Not A Damn Dime  Jan 19 2005, 07:31:15 AM
And Friday lets all not buy gas, becuase that way gas prices will go down!
Cast List  Jan 7 2005, 07:07:38 AM
Anyone familiar with the Cannon theatre in Toronto? I got 3 tickets in the front of the orchestra off to the right and 3 tickets in the second row of the mezz off to the left...

Not sure which ones to take... Since I ordered them I get to pick :)

re: RENT SCARF....?????  Jan 6 2005, 11:38:00 AM
OMG that totally just reminded me that I have one of those! I must go home after work and locate it now. YAY mission!
re: next 'jukebox' musical?  Jan 5 2005, 08:59:24 AM
haha I was about to say Madonna as well! Not that I want another one!
re: What shows should be given another chance?  Jan 5 2005, 08:53:29 AM
<------ I agree with Chess obviously. hehe

I would LOVE to see a production that comes closest to the original London production (not the concept album). I am a bit obsessed with the Danish recording. With of course the much needed changes to the book, but leave the music the way it is for the most part.

re: Which is your favorite LES MIZ cast recording?  Dec 27 2004, 08:24:40 AM
I love the CSR. It is the first recording of a musical I ever listened to. I think everyone in it sounds great. And even if you don't like some of the singers, I still think it is the best for the completeness of it and the use of a full orchestra.
re: The Official Anthony Warlow is a VOCAL GOD thread  Dec 23 2004, 08:39:21 AM
Lets get a rowboat and make our way over to Australia sometime soon Amasis!!
re: Henious Cast Recordings  Dec 23 2004, 08:37:16 AM
Thanks for the tips zbigner! I will definately have to try that stuff out!
re: The Official Anthony Warlow is a VOCAL GOD thread  Dec 23 2004, 07:52:13 AM
How about when he sings the part of Enjolras in the CSR of Les Mis. He is of course amazing throughout, but when he sings his lines in One Day More, I ALWAYS get chills!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You