BUSH

rocketroxie11
#0BUSH
Posted: 1/18/05 at 8:20pm

Sorry to put this on the main page, and I hope you will all forgive me...

but I fear that if this doesn't go on the main board, it won't be sighted my as many people. Some of you will think it's annoying, and it won't work. But we can try.

this Thursday, we need everybody to scrape by without spending one single penny all day. This is a huge movement around the US to strike a huge blow to corporate America on the day of Bush's inauguration.
Do whatever you might the day before to prepare, but please don't spend a dime on January 20th. Imagine if the worst day for the American economy in decades happened on the same day that Bush sspends $40 million to throw himself an inauguration party. It could send a huge message and grab headlines around the entire world. Band together to send the strongest message possible, the message of the almighty dollar!

BSoBW2
#1re: BUSH
Posted: 1/18/05 at 8:20pm

this is already posted......

so, please...

bwaybaby13
#2Not A Damn Dime
Posted: 1/18/05 at 9:16pm

i heard the same thing and my friends and i are calling going w/the name that we heard: Not A Damn Dime.

Without Sondheim, when sensitive teenagers got depressed, they'd just kill themselves. 'this is wanting something, this is praying for it, this is holding back and keeping fingers crossed.'- light in the piazza 11.11.05

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#3Not A Damn Dime
Posted: 1/18/05 at 9:19pm

this is ridiculous and needs to be bumped to off topic. and ill be sure to go on my major shopping spree on that day. Updated On: 1/18/05 at 09:19 PM

Derech2
#4Not A Damn Dime
Posted: 1/18/05 at 9:27pm

Bush is president. Sorry, pal. You need to get over it. Not A Damn Dime

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

BSoBW2
#5Not A Damn Dime
Posted: 1/18/05 at 9:29pm

cva, derech - finally! ppl with sense...

You aren't even going to make a dent!

And one day?....

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#6Not A Damn Dime
Posted: 1/18/05 at 10:53pm

Sorry rocketroxie, but as much as I detest George Bush with every ounce of my being, there's no way that little scheme will amount to anything. I know you didn't make it up, but honestly...

Does Laura Bush remind anyone else of one of the Stepford Wives? Everytime I see that douche I laugh...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

brdlwyr
#7Not A Damn Dime
Posted: 1/18/05 at 10:59pm

How could you insult a desperate housewife?

By not spending you will hurt small business people and not Bush.

MargoChanning
#8Not A Damn Dime
Posted: 1/18/05 at 11:16pm

I'm an old school Lefty (FAR left at that) and living in a very liberal area of Brooklyn (we went 80% for Kerry in November), I'm utterly mystified as to how not patronizing the other lefties that own the struggling small businesses in my neighborhood on Thursday hurts George Bush in any way, shape or form.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
Updated On: 1/18/05 at 11:16 PM

iluvtheatertrash
#9Not A Damn Dime
Posted: 1/18/05 at 11:24pm

Honestly, people, nothing is going to change. So move on, get over it. He's president for the next four years whether we like it or not, so suck it up and deal. I'm so tired of wasting my time reading this.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

#10Not A Damn Dime
Posted: 1/19/05 at 1:04am

why hasnt this been moved to off-topic!?

I think some of the comments on here about Laura Bush are going a bit too far. Think whatever you want about her husband, but please, she seems like a very sweet lady.

again, this is TOTALY off topic, and should be moved to the off-topic board immiediatly!

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#11Not A Damn Dime
Posted: 1/19/05 at 2:37am

Ok--I also agree that while protesting with your dollars is the best way to make a point in this country, this isn't the best plan. I agree that us in the blue states would just hurt blue businesses.

I would like to say that those of you who keep saying "He's President--just deal with it" can kiss my you know what. I don't have to like that he is President. That doesn't make me or anyone else less patriotic or American. In fact, it is BECAUSE we love our country that we hate the SOB. And, as long as that man is in office, we will continue to raise hell.

You guys wanted four more years--and that is EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET.

AbsolutKnight Profile Photo
AbsolutKnight
#12Not A Damn Dime
Posted: 1/19/05 at 7:31am

And Friday lets all not buy gas, becuase that way gas prices will go down!

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#13moonbats howl on saturday at 2:37am
Posted: 1/19/05 at 7:42am

this thread gives me gas.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

iluvtheatertrash
#14moonbats howl on saturday at 2:37am
Posted: 1/19/05 at 9:50am

haha, papa. amen.

never said it was unpatriotic, jrb. but sitting there and moaning and groaning about how awful he is really only wastes your breath and everyone else's time when you could have a real nifty conversation about something you can actually make a difference in. instead of worrying about how to hurt bush, why don't we all worry about how to help tsunami victims?

this thread needs to be taken off. this is ridiculous.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

bwaybaby13
#15sorry
Posted: 1/19/05 at 10:42am

Sorry about that before. I saw it and felt like making the comment. Doesn't anyone know how to close these topics? Please do! It's really making me sick. I don't agree with Bush but he's our president so live with it!

Without Sondheim, when sensitive teenagers got depressed, they'd just kill themselves. 'this is wanting something, this is praying for it, this is holding back and keeping fingers crossed.'- light in the piazza 11.11.05

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#16sorry
Posted: 1/19/05 at 12:00pm

no, I will not live with it. so there HA.

and iluv, I DO have other conversations. And, I will NOT stop having conversations about Bush.

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#17sorry
Posted: 1/19/05 at 12:23pm

jrb, i knew you were partial to bears, but this constantly talking about bush...is waxing so wrong???

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

wonderful1
#18sorry
Posted: 1/19/05 at 12:37pm

Like Clinton didn't spend a bunch on whatever he did........please.....

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#19sorry
Posted: 1/19/05 at 3:05pm

Well, Laura Bush is still a Stepford Wife. George had her constructed and programmed just to follow him around and keep her mouth shut about how much she wishes she should have aborted Jenna. She's not a real person - that's why her hair and face never change....

hahahahahasorry

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

#20sorry
Posted: 1/19/05 at 3:22pm

ok NOW this is rediculous. People have started threads on things KIND of theatre related and they have been moved to off topic. This is not theatre related in ANY way. I truley wish that the people incharge of moving things off topic, would do their job and move this immiediatly. (im assuming they are away or somthing, i would HATE for them to be putting their own political feelings into heart and keeping it on here so more people would read it...that would just suck.)

Feodor Sverdlov
#21sorry
Posted: 1/19/05 at 3:42pm

Yes, it's silly; but they do make good baked beans!

scooter3843

Videos