RENT SCARF....?????

bernadette88
#0RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/5/05 at 11:24pm

Does anyone have one....or maybe know where I could get one...If anyone has one they don't please PM will pay whatever is fair! Thanks guys...!!!

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#1re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/5/05 at 11:28pm

woah there's a RENT scarf?

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/5/05 at 11:30pm

I feel like they used to sell "Mark Scarves?"

Try eBay.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#3re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/5/05 at 11:39pm

was that a Bloomingdale item?

erinrebecca
#4re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/5/05 at 11:41pm

No it wasn't a Bloomingdale item. They were sold at the Neder but haven't been around for a few years now. The only way to get one is to knit one yourself. :)

stacey717
#5re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/5/05 at 11:41pm

They used to sell Mark-like scarves and more tightly lineated red and black striped scarves at the nederlander that had '525600' in the color featured on the scarf (white vs. red) on the dark blue (the sold mark-like ones were deep blue instead of black) and black background on the back . They occasionally do appear on ebay now if you keep your eyes peeled.

However,
If you want a mark-like scarf that's not necessarily the official lookalike one (which is very much replica-like, thusly having the numbers and no stripes on the back) you can find similar ones in stores... they had rugby style ones that are pretty nice at J. Crew, about a month ago, most notably minus the fringe, (got one myself as I couldn't resist the plush/soft feeling compared to the one I made)... just look around and you're bound to find one, especially with the rugby style producing stores and the fact that its a pretty common pattern... : )

(Knitting really isn't that hard though ; ) )

FindingNamo
#6re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/6/05 at 1:01am

I have one. I also have a Mimi candle used by Daphne. And an original Playbill signed by the entire original cast. Just thought you'd want to know.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

broadwayalto01 Profile Photo
broadwayalto01
#7re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/6/05 at 9:30am

Have a friend who can knitt.. make you one.. That's what I plan to do..

Life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open... and then you run into the glass.... ~Connie and Carla

GirlfriendFromCanada
#8re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/6/05 at 9:42am

I realized that the Hufflepuff Harry Potter scarves look kind of like a Mark scarf, except the blue is brighter.

But I'm one of the cool kids with the official Rent memorabilia scarf with the 525,600 on the back. Measure in love!

Mimi Imfurst
#9re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/6/05 at 11:21am

Gotta love the scarfs. I had to have one when they came out. I'm glad I got both the red and the blue one. I'm actually wearing the blue one today.

Sad to hear that they don't sell them anymore. RENT has really dropped down on its memorbillia anyhow. I'd love to see the show revamped. Its such and old workhorse. Wouldn't it be fun to change up the costumes a bit?

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

AbsolutKnight Profile Photo
AbsolutKnight
#10re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/6/05 at 11:38am

OMG that totally just reminded me that I have one of those! I must go home after work and locate it now. YAY mission!

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#11re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/6/05 at 9:37pm

Oh my Gosh. I totally have one of those! Thanks for reminding me. If you want it, PM me and maybe we can work something out. I dont think I've ever even worn it. I just remember seeing it at the booth and thinking "Wow! I need that!" ... Much like my Spamalot cow, Producers mug, Phantom hat, Les Mis christmas ornament.....One of these days I will learn.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

insomniak
#12re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/6/05 at 9:39pm

I would love to see a revamp and a new cast of Rent, so long as they kept the Blue Mimi Pants.

Luvinbroadway Profile Photo
Luvinbroadway
#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#15re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/28/05 at 2:27pm

Hey guys, I want to knit a scarf similar to Mark's, so does anyone have a good quality color picture of it that they can post here? I want to get the colors perfectly right, and I can't find any photos that give me a good idea of what colors to use. I would look in the big black Rent book but its at home and I'm away at school.

timote316
#16re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/28/05 at 3:00pm

I saw someone walking around campus with a black and white striped scarf, and I started laughing. And then I wanted one. It's sad, really...

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#17re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/28/05 at 3:06pm

I have a black and white (sort of Mark-esque) scarf. I got it several years ago at Filene's when I was in a big RENT phase. Now, I really just like it because it's super long, really soft, and very warm! Oh and Elphie, I don't have a photo, but I think the scarf is really dark navy blue (almost black) and don't forget the fringe (my Mark-esque scarf doesn't have fringe).

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

musicalmjk Profile Photo
musicalmjk
#18re: RENT SCARF....?????
Posted: 1/28/05 at 3:09pm

i'd expect to see these objects the mark scarf/ roger pants/ mimi pants on the market at the end of the year. when the film comes out.

need to defrag my brain.

Videos