News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Candide08

Candide08 Profile Photo
Member Name: Candide08
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Aaron Tveit article
 Dec 26 2009, 06:17:34 PM
Wow. I had no idea he went to Ithaca. They seem to keep pumping out talented kids all the time!
re: What am I missing? Floyd Collins
 Dec 23 2009, 02:53:28 PM
I was under the impression that he dies of exhaustion & the "crickets" were a side effect of the effects of starvation & exposure.

Does anyone know of any productions (professional or college) that will be happening in the coming months?

re: The Last 5 Year Tonys!
 Jul 1 2009, 03:32:33 PM
BEST MUSICAL
Spring Awakening

BEST REVIVAL OF A MUSICAL
Hair

BEST DIRECTOR OF A MUSICAL
Bartlett Sher, South Pacific

BEST LEADING ACTOR IN A MUSICAL
Paulo Szot, South Pacific

BEST LEADING ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL
Patti LuPone, Gypsy

BEST FEATURED ACTOR IN A MUSICAL
Boyd Gaines, Gypsy

BEST FEATURED ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL
Sara Ramirez, Spamalot

BEST BOOK
Passing Strange

BEST SCORE
Next t

re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
 Jun 11 2009, 08:55:15 PM
I am so happy A little night music is headed to the Kerr! I think it's ideal for the production because it would be swamped in a big house like the St. James.
re: Which shows will close first because of poor showing at Tony's?
 Jun 7 2009, 11:55:47 PM
Did anyone catch Angela Lansbury's face after 'what's up duloc?'? no clapping. just stunned at the crap happening onstage.
re: Next To Normal jipped
 Jun 7 2009, 11:06:49 PM
The only consolation was that Billy's performance was less then spectacular.
and the Tony Award[s] went to...
 Jun 7 2009, 10:32:48 PM
And Reginald Tresilian just texted me that it's all bootleg!

That's not true at all. Every minute of that was from a documentary on Jerry Herman & his work.

re: Rosie on NEXT TO NORMAL and Alice...
 Jun 3 2009, 05:51:26 PM
"You do realize that 8 words on Rosie's Blog have more influence on popular culture and "news" in this country than the entire three hours on CBS on Sunday will. Or maybe you don't... "

What a load of crap. You do realize CBS is a NATIONAL NETWORK seen by MILLIONS OF PEOPLE right? Sorry to burst your bubble but I think more powerful people (Ben Brantley for instance) have embraced this show and Alice in particular.

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/24
 May 26 2009, 06:46:11 PM
August:Osage County has already recouped so the producers probably have a lot cash to fund the show if it's not making its nut with the hope that Rashad will bring in more $. Next to Normal's average ticket price is pretty low ($60) because they seem to be doing a lot of promos. That & the tiny theatre account for the low gross.
re: Tale of Two Cities: In Concert to be filmed for PBS
 May 26 2009, 04:58:24 PM
I don't understand. PBS will film crap like this but they wouldn't film Gypsy with Patti LuPone?
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/3
 May 4 2009, 11:04:52 PM
I disagree. You cannot compare next to normal to most other shows. If you look at the maximum capacity at the Booth, it's only 6,000/wk. Compare that to a theatre of a similar size like the Jacobs (home of ave q) & next to normal is right on par. Bigger shows 9 to 5 might be making 600,000 but the nut for that show greatly exceeds that of n2n (which you already know).
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/3
 May 4 2009, 05:20:13 PM
If you think about it, N2N isn't a very expensive show to run AT ALL compared to shows like wicked or the lion king. The nut for N2N can't be all that large considering the orchestra can't have any more than 6 people and there are only 6 actors, a few understudies and minimal crew members. Also grosses are deceiving, the real number to look at is capacity. The Booth is one of the smallest on Bway.
re: Nicole Parker reviews here
 May 3 2009, 01:29:34 PM
I saw her a few weeks ago & it was an absolute train wreck. Her acting was alright but every time she sang i just wanted to leave
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You