pixeltracker

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 6:58pm

Post them here.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#2re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 7:01pm

You realize they are going to come three hours later for you, right?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Yankeefan007
#2re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 7:02pm

Does it matter?

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#3re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 7:04pm

It means they'll come out after WannaBe's bedtime!

-Benjamin

Broadway Dancer Profile Photo
Broadway Dancer
rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#5re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 7:44pm

"It must be said: This preview situation is tilted toward obscurantism. Reviewers aren't allowed to write about it for most of the run, so people have to guess whether they want to spend $25 or $100 or $0 on their tickets. The producers' argument is: This is a work in progress, we're changing things as we go, it's not fair to review that. That's fine, except ticket buyers aren't told they're paying for previews—unless they look very carefully, they don't know they're paying for a "work in progress." That's disingenuous."

"And it's three hours long. The PR lady says it's "two and a half hours long with a 15-minute intermission." But I was there; it was at least three hours. Sometimes it felt like eight. Children squirmed. Adults yawned. I feared for my neighbors, who were driving back to Olympia that night. If something happened to them on the way home, I'm blaming the previews."

Well thats not pretty!

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#6re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 7:54pm

Up until now most of the comments I've seen have been quite positive. The one exception has been that the second act seems slow. I guess we'll see a lot more shortly.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#7re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 8:28pm

The Producers was almost 3 hours. I still *can't believe* critics loved The Producers.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#8re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 8:37pm

My best friend loves Young Frankenstein but hates Broadway musicals haha (although he is a music major) but he said he would actually go to see this show...so I hope its good cause whether or not I'll be sitting through it!

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

Yankeefan007
#9re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 9:12pm

Was that even a real newspaper?

center or back Profile Photo
center or back
#10re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 9:16pm

The Stranger is a highly respected alternative newspaper in the Seattle area.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#11re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 9:20pm

So, no.

-Benjamin

ChecksintheMayo
#12re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 9:24pm

That review was in the paper early August, if I recall. This describes one of the first previews; they've trimmed the show down a bit since then.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#13re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 10:08pm

Liz Smith in the New York Post today said reviewers were not invited to the opening in Seatle.
But she predicted a Hit.

FranzRelax
#14re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 10:09pm

The audience was also volubly appreciative of Megan Mullally (of Will & Grace, here playing Dr. Frankenstein's fiancée and singing the hell out of "Deep Love," her homage to the monster's cock)

- That doesn't sound like a highly respectable newspaper.

We serve their food, We carve their meat, We tend to their house, We polish their Silverware.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#15re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 10:17pm

That's an actual quote from the article? That's rather interesting, now I really wanna listen to the song...

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

center or back Profile Photo
center or back
#16re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/23/07 at 11:08pm

franz... the key word is its an ALTERNATIVE newspaper..True, you wouldnt see words like that in The Times, but this doesnt mean they arent a good newspaper.. Actually it is a great publication, go look at their website. It IS highy respected and most people love it around Seattle.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#17re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 12:37am

I grew up in Seattle and I've never heard of that newspaper...I'm sorry, but this reviewer must have seen a way different Young Frankenstein than what we saw..The show was only 2 and a half hours, not three and it never felt like eight because the show was constantly moving..The audience was constantly screaming and cheering through every single number and not one adult(or child) around us looked bored or tired...I'm sorry but I think this guy's review is bull!
Updated On: 8/24/07 at 12:37 AM

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#18re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 12:38am

That's because his review was done almost a month ago.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#19re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 12:39am

Ah, well that would explain things...

littlechap2 Profile Photo
littlechap2
#20re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 10:08am

from the Seattle Times:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/thearts/2003851421_frankenstein25.html

At the top right of the article you will also find a gallery with pictures of Hensley being made up as the monster.

"I sang it because I'm your friend."

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#21re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 10:09am

Chilly review... still, I can't wait.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#22re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 10:25am

I have faith in this cast and creative team...The Producers got mixed reviews out of town did it not? I may be totally wrong...

But, knowing Brooks and Stroman, they will only continue to perfect this production. I really, really hope they do...I can't wait for this show and I hope it's every bit as entertaining and acclaimed as The Producers....

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#23re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 10:26am

wow YF and the Little Mermaid are taking a bit of a slap out of town

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

tomemiller
#24re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Out Of Town Tryout Reviews
Posted: 8/24/07 at 10:29am

The Seattle Times hit the nail on the head! I saw two preview performances in Seattle and have to agree with their review. I hope that the creative team will incorporate some Misha Berson's constructive criticism into the Broadway production.

Updated On: 8/24/07 at 10:29 AM

Videos