pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:27pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 11/27/2011 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

binau Profile Photo
binau
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:28pm

Oh god. The ticket price for FOLLIES is really quite high, allowing them to cut even, but they need to do something..cancel the extension? Next week doesn't look good either.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 11/28/11 at 03:28 PM

LegallyBroadway2
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:31pm

I love Broadway!

ChenoKahn Profile Photo
ChenoKahn
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:31pm

Wow. $170 ticket average for Book Of Mormon.

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:34pm

YEd! Addams Family is getting good sales this week :)

TexanAddams18
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:34pm

$28 for L. Jones

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:35pm

I think the writings on the wall for ON AN A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOR TWOFERS.

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:35pm

Great to see that many shows hit the million mark and two million mark!

Follies really is not doing well....at all! I checked the seating chart for some of the shows this weekend and it always seemed like there were more unsold seats than there were sold. And Lysistrata Jones better do something fast. I don't know what, but those numbers are scarily low.

Also good to see Wicked back up to 100% capacity.
Updated On: 11/28/11 at 03:35 PM

beautywickedlover
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:36pm

Not a great week for 'Sister Act' surprisingly. I thought it would be a great tourist show for people to see during Thanksgiving week. Most shows received big bumps this week though.
Updated On: 11/28/11 at 03:36 PM

stevenycguy
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:36pm

Why the steep drop at "On a Clear Day"? I'm guessing word of mouth isn't very good.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:41pm

WOW! Spider-Man hit the 2 million mark! Also, nice to see Godspell increasing weekly.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:41pm

Ouch Follies!!! Really surprised that some shows actually saw a drop in grosses for Thanksgiving week(i.e. Sister Act, Other Desert Cities, Private Lives). and it should be noted that Book of Mormon did 9 performances, also.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Ed_Mottershead
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:45pm

This is probably apropos of nothing, but I wonder if the increased prices for the holiday weekend made some people give pause before buying tickets. Not the blockbusters but the in-between shows.

BroadwayEd

binau Profile Photo
binau
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:52pm

THE BOOK OF MORMON will be the death of Broadway!

(Ok, that sounds a little melodramatic).

But still, how can people afford to see other shows if they are paying so much money to see BOM? $170 is ridiculous

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:55pm

The drop for Other Desert Cities makes sense and actually really isn't bad considering Stockard Channing was out almost all week. It's a shame for the show that it happened during a holday week, but that show's got some serious legs, so I don't think it has anything to worry about.

Relatively Speaking, on the other hand, doesn't look like it will be able to pull out of its freefall.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:56pm

"how can people afford to see other shows if they are paying so much money to see BOM? $170 is ridiculous"

Well...they can probably still afford a ticket to Lysistrata Jones.

Too mean?

AMH Profile Photo
AMH
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 3:59pm

$170 is ridiculous

I haven't seen it, but THE BOOK OF MORMON must be a good show to command that ticket price.

"I'm the swell swab on the poop deck."

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 4:00pm

Given the amount of comping taking place to make their average ticket price a whole $28, I feel like an idiot for having actually paid money to purchase a TDF ticket to Lysie Jones.
Updated On: 11/28/11 at 04:00 PM

HBBrock
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 4:15pm

I feel the same way, AdamGreer.

Lysistrata Jones has NO BUSINESS being on Broadway - it's the worst show I've ever seen (Although I do love Patti Murin!)

The chance of it either closing before opening or being the next "Glory Days" and closing the day after opening is becoming almost 100%.
Updated On: 11/28/11 at 04:15 PM

PlayItAgain
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 4:17pm

wow private lives was actually down on a holiday weekend.... not good folks and .... (looks at Bonnie & Clyde) they better hope they don't get slaughtered on the 1st or they are gone by January.

Godspell is up, great.
Lysistrata is down in gross percentage, how thats possible when it was 18.30 percent last week is amazing.
Surprised Patti & Mandy is grossing so little, guess people want production value for their money and not self indulgent nonsense for 2 1/2 hours.

dwwst12 Profile Photo
dwwst12
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 4:24pm

Can't believe Lysistrata put up those numbers for a second straight week. It's one of two shows I bought tix for in advance for a mid-December visit.

The other, you ask? Follies!

Guess I'd better be prepared for multiple last-minute changes to my plans...

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 4:31pm

I had friends that wanted to see Follies this past weekend but all the discount codes were not available. Same for the next 3 or 4 weekends. I wonder if they will change their mind and offer the codes?

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

HBBrock
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 4:37pm

Follies producers are idiots for doing what they did by having a lack of discounts - the few they did have were still $97 a ticket which is unrealistic.

They did this to themselves. It's too bad, because it's one of the best shows playing and it's playing to 47% capacity.

dwwst12 Profile Photo
dwwst12
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 4:47pm

Huss ---

Tell your friends that even though the discounts clearly say they expire Dec. 15, they don't. I got discount tickets for 12/17. I just tried again now, and it still lets you do it.

The blackout dates are this weekend and next, and then it "expires" 12/15. So yeah, you'd think you're out of luck...but not so!

ALittlePriest Profile Photo
ALittlePriest
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27
Posted: 11/28/11 at 5:00pm

I can't believe anyone paid even $28 for Lysistrata Jones. I got my comps for tonight, and so did everyone else I know, and I was told I could request up to 10!!! But it's not a press night is it? L.J. will have to close on opening, if they're gross potential fell to 17% on THE SECOND BUSIEST WEEK FOR BROADWAY OF THE YEAR. LOL #GreekTragedyonBroadway

Videos