pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:27pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 12/11/2011 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:29pm

Lysistrata Jones = Glory Days

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:33pm

Bonnie and Clyde made 43% of its gross potential. Can we finally put to rest the "hope" that it isn't closing?

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:34pm

Out of curiosity, what would make a Potential Gross fluctuate? I'm just looking at B&C's past weeks and I noticed that it changed from $925,940 to $931,090 and then to $921,205.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:36pm

I would love to know how Hugh Jackman reached 125.80% gross potential. Did they drastically increase the number of priority seats?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:39pm

Oh My God. Book of Mormon went down $2,341.00. I smell closing notice. :)

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11

UGH! I want B&C to stay open but my hope is dashed Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
I really hope it maybe moves off broadway. I really think it can find an audience...it seems to be doing that now just not fast enough.

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

fingerlakessinger
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11

UGH! I want B&C to stay open but my hope is dashed Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
I really hope it maybe moves off broadway. I really think it can find an audience...it seems to be doing that now just not fast enough.

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:43pm

Hooray, Follies grosses were up!

fingerlakessinger
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:45pm

^okay...that made me feel better. At least one of my favorite shows is doin pretty well (okay...BETTER not really "well") but heck...I'll take an increase over a decrease.

FindingNamo
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:47pm

I think if Bonnie & Clyde can just hang on through the winter until Tony nominations, it'll be all set. The night I saw it, it got a standing O and people ran right back to the box office to buy more tickets.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:48pm

Lysistrata Jones only made $13,500 per show. That's beyond sad. I think someone probably paid a scalper that much for a Book of Mormon seat.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

fingerlakessinger
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:49pm

I'm really hoping it does. I think that it really can be a hit. The reviews I think kind of stunted it's growth a bit but word of mouth seems to be strong cuz I've heard/seen it in person on saturday. And the usher that sat me (lovely lady by the way) said that the reaction has been pretty much the same every night...lots of laughs, lots of applause, lots of great reviews.
At least move it to an off broadway theater...that's all I hope for in the least haha

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 3:56pm

I'm so curious to see what happens when Lysistrata Jones opens. assuming the reviews are as good as they were Off-Broadway, I guess we'll really see just how much impact critical response can have to help a show.

For the record, I deeply disliked the show Off-Broadway, but even so, I'm feeling a little bad for them with these grosses.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 4:26pm

I agree Sauja -- it would seem that Bonnie and Clyde's fate is sealed, but I think it will be intriguing to see if positive reviews (from the Times in particular) can turn Lysistrata Jones around.

Mister Matt
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 4:30pm

That's assuming the critics are planning to cover Lysistrata Jones a second time. Or that they feel it works in a different environment. I remember how The Human Comedy was warmly embraced Off-Broadway, then received a chilly reception on Broadway simply due to transferring the original staging to a larger space.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 4:32pm

I just found out that Jason Tam is one of the cast members of "L.J." He made me cry when I watched him in "Every Little Step." Wishing the cast of "L.J." the best under some very trying circumstances. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 4:35pm

Lysistrata Jones = Glory Days

Not exactly, I did a quick bit of research on this and Glory Days average ticket price was $40.01 double Lysistrata Jones average. I hope this show remains open when I come back in March, they be paying me $50 bucks to see it. Which is a shame, as it really isn't that bad.

Michael Bennett
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 4:53pm

It will definitely be re-reviewed for Broadway and I think the critics will be kind. I don't expect BOOK OF MORMON kind of love, but I imagine endorsements. From there we will see, but I expect a decision on the musical's fate will be decided pretty quick based on the box office the day or two after opening.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 4:53pm

I don't get why B&C is closing? It's not doing that poorly, is it? Is the advance just so awful? The reviews weren't amazing, but they weren't awful.

Michael Bennett
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 5:02pm

It must have a small advance. Perhaps there have been a large number of group sale cancellations (this is the factor that more often than not kills a show post-reviews and a reason ON A CLEAR DAY should be very frightened).

Mister Matt
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 5:03pm

Honestly, I think one of the biggest problems with Lysistrata Jones is having a completely forgettable and terrible title.

Michael Bennett
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 5:06pm

Absolutely Matt -- truly the producers should consider putting in the 100K to rename the show ("Lizzie Jones?" the original title, "Give it Up"?) and redo a marketing campaign that is sexy, flirty fun and features that attractive cast partially clad.

bwaybri2
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 5:17pm

I thought they changed the name to Glory Day ? ?

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11
Posted: 12/12/11 at 5:28pm

Phantom is back in the top ten by gross... Maybe it's the new marquee. (LOL)

Videos