News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for suchclumsytime

suchclumsytime Profile Photo
Member Name: suchclumsytime
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Hi all, I'm a theatre major at Williams College. I have a passion for musicals both as a performer and an audience member. Dream roles include Lily (Secret Garden), Sally (You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown), Mable (Pirates...), Olive (Spelling Bee), and Mrs. Potts (Beauty and the Beast).

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Last Year's Macy's Parade?
 Nov 21 2006, 12:03:23 AM
Thank you! It sure does.
re: Last Year's Macy's Parade?
 Nov 18 2006, 05:55:13 PM
To reiterate courtnyj's question, has anyone ever gone down there before, and how was it? I have a few relatives coming from out of town and they'd like to go (and drag me!). So...anybody?
re: Patti LuPone almost in a rock band?--great interview
 Aug 13 2006, 08:26:44 AM
Great article, thanks for sharing! :0)
re: Sutton Foster Thread
 Aug 13 2006, 08:20:04 AM
Anyone have that goofy picture of her and Josh Groban (I'm a big-time Grobie)?
re: Amour
 Aug 13 2006, 08:16:39 AM
I think my favorite part of that CD is when the composer sings a few bits and pieces...the last track, no? Anyhoo, he reminds me of a street artist who ripped me off in Monmartre, lol.
re: Evita on Broadway?
 Aug 13 2006, 08:07:01 AM
Thanks, EpAm, I feel better now. ;0)
re: You're The One That We Want!
 Aug 12 2006, 09:31:54 PM
I agree with you that some television is becoming 'dumbed down,' but there are also a lot of shows that are still rather witty left laying around, no?
 Aug 12 2006, 09:30:30 PM
While she does start out as a 16 year-old, she's 33 by the end, and would have to be believable as both, no matter how much one uses their voice to facilitate this aging process.
re: Most talented broadway couple?
 Aug 12 2006, 09:23:36 PM
iheartamc10, I know that they were dating at one point, but I have no clue as to whether they still are or anything. Sorry. :0(
re: You're The One That We Want!
 Aug 12 2006, 09:20:10 PM
But love it or hate it, at least it gives the musical theatre junkie something relevant to watch on television, no?
 Aug 12 2006, 09:18:44 PM
Regardless of who's actually already cast, Sutton seems a bit too young for the role to me, no? SRS is a bit too Merman-esque for me. And as for Idina, love her though I do, just thinking about her singing the score doesn't really thrill me. It feels almost Madonna-esque, but slightly more mature...if that makes any sense.

I also happen to like Che a little more Mandy-flavored...but I just might be alone on that one!

re: Named five schools have musical therter training in NYC.
 Jul 29 2006, 05:41:28 PM
lovelyspotlight, she was ranked 7th in class with a 4.0, took plenty of APs and passed them, and did just swimmingly on her SATs. The school just doesn't give much financial aid. Our school's valedictorian also didn't get a scholarship there. That's not to say that no one does, but they're few and far between, especially at a huge school like NYU. Outside scholarships also have a huge applicant pool, and usually just don't amount to that much money. It's really all about luck of the draw, regard
re: Which Show?
 May 19 2006, 03:57:47 PM
I second "Sweet Charity."
re: Which Show?
 May 16 2006, 07:07:01 PM
If you have more girls than guys on a regular basis, I wouldn't do "Guys and Dolls"...
re: Cuts in musicals
 Jan 27 2006, 02:29:13 PM
As Bway Baby expressed, I wish they hadn't cut all those little bits and pieces from "Les Miserables." As a Complete Symphonic Recording junkie, I missed them all terribly upon seeing it just before it closed. :0( Then again, I also had the privelege of seeing the entire thing a few years earlier...

And semi-OT, cutting "Growltiger..." from the "CATS" video was depressing.

re: How can you afford seeing so many shows (or the same show so many times
 Jan 22 2006, 06:56:43 PM
Becky...take friends! LOL.
 Jan 22 2006, 04:32:31 PM
Sharon, why not join a discount club? There are plenty out there, and it sounds as if maybe you'd get your money's worth!
 Jan 22 2006, 04:27:35 PM
Wow, Dollypop! That must've been incredible! :0)

Now that I'm finally in a financial position to rush more often (I'm a poor college student, but have started learning how to/being disciplined about how to save/spend more wisely), I'm not in the city anymore! Alas, I go to college in East Bumble...., but plan on seeing some shows during my upcoming break. :0)

re: Songs from musicals that are SO good, you'd consider having a gender op
 Jan 22 2006, 03:21:21 PM
I was surprised it took so long for someone to mention "Maria" -- thank you, wherethehorizonlies! I'd cut off parts of my anatomy to sing:

West Side Story - Maria, Jet Song
Les Miserables - any of Javert's songs/parts
Chess - Anthem, Pity the Child, Where I Want to be
The Frogs - Ariadne
Bat Boy - Let Me Walk Among You, Apology to a Cow, I Imagine You're Upset, Children, Children, and the doctor's part of Comfort and Joy...not that I'm obsessed or anything
Pippin - C

re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
 Jan 22 2006, 03:11:28 PM
My sister's done "Sound of Music," "Annie," and "Once Upon A Mattress" twice and has played different roles each time. I live vicariously through her sometimes, LOL.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You