News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WickedlyEdna1962

WickedlyEdna1962 Profile Photo
Member Name: WickedlyEdna1962
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

1 Wicked ticket 1/9 $55
 Dec 28 2010, 04:45:56 PM
I have one Wicked ticket available for 1/9 @3. Bought the ticket a few months ago but am now unable to use it. Great seat... seat is "partial view" Row G seat 27. Full price paid was $78, but I am willing to take $55 (the normal, non-Holiday price for that seat). Message me. Thanks.
Scottsboro Boys Ticket for 12/1 $40
 Nov 30 2010, 05:17:20 PM
I purchased a ticket for the Scottsboro Boys for tomorrow night (12/1) through TDF and I am unable to use it. If interested, please message me. Price is $40. Thanks.
The Burnt Part Boys
 May 1 2010, 12:43:40 PM
It's a musical about a sons mission to stop the re-opening of a coal mine where his father was killed. The story follows this son (Pete) and also his brother (Jake) who is trying to stop Pete from going up to the mine. The music and story was really good. It was really an amazing "ghost story" musical- very eerie but beautiful all the same.

As far as a "rating" goes, I don't specifically remember anything that would make it anything above PG-13.

The Burnt Part Boys
 May 1 2010, 11:54:34 AM
I saw The Burnt Part Boys last night at Playwrights Horizons and completely loved it. Has anyone else seen it? Thoughts?
Anyone catch Mandy Gonzalez in 'Wicked' tonight?
 Mar 25 2010, 12:40:21 PM
I saw her on her opening night and I was completely blown away by her. Her acting choices were PERFECT (though she does need to work on her comedic timing a little bit.) However, being it was only her first night I think she is going to be a FORCE on that stage once she adjusts slightly. Her vocals though were flawless. I have never heard those songs sung with such power before. TOTAL sweetheart at the stagedoor, too.
$10 Lips Together, Teeth Apart- TICKET FOR SALE (4/10 @8)
 Mar 21 2010, 08:58:59 PM
I have 1 ticket for "Lips Together, Teeth Apart" available for Saturday April 10th at 8. The seat is Rear Mezz. row G seat 109. I am selling it for $10 which is what I paid for the ticket. I can meet you somewhere in the city for the sale. PLEASE PM me if you're interested!

THANKS!

Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances
 Mar 15 2010, 08:14:33 PM
"*** INITIATE TYPICAL BWW RESPONSE ***

Don't you mean MUSICAL tunes? Show COULD mean play too, you know. Blah blah blah"

I'm assuming this was meant to be funny but- no, no. I'm pretty sure we all know it's Showtunes. Considering plays don't normally have "tunes." When is the last time you read someone on here refer to music from a show as "Musical Tunes" as opposed to "Showtunes?" OY.

Why do people in the audience think they can sing during a show?
 Mar 15 2010, 03:43:02 PM
Trainwreck let's not forget the actors, too. Besides being distracting to the audience, it's also distracting to the actors. Really though aside from distracting, it's REALLY incredibly rude.
Jersey Boys Student Rush
 Mar 11 2010, 02:07:57 PM
I did the student rush about 3 weeks ago. Got there at 10:45 on a Wednesday and there were still seats left for the evening show (didn't ask about the mat.) Seats are Row Z orchestra and partial view. The mezz hangs quite low and so much of the 2nd level of the set is cut off. As well (if you've seen the show) the big screens that drop down are cut off, too. Still, though, good seats for the price.
New HAIR Broadway Cast to Be Announced on Tuesday
 Feb 16 2010, 02:21:49 PM
Diana DeGarmo- Sheila
Kyle Riabko- Claude
Ace Young- Berger
Annaleigh Ashford- Jeanie
Jeannette Bayardelle- Dionne

Need help picking a show!
 Feb 11 2010, 06:47:16 PM
Next to Normal.
My Tony Picks (Just Winners)
 Feb 11 2010, 01:53:40 PM
I honestly thought this thread was a joke making fun of the other one. OY.
What Time For Avenue Q Rush?
 Feb 11 2010, 01:47:57 PM
Most of the time I get there AFTER 10, around 10:40, and I always get tickets. However if you are worried, I'm sure if you arrive by 9:45 you will be fine. It is a general rush and so it is open to anyone.
Hair New Tribe
 Feb 9 2010, 09:27:44 PM
Diana also said this on twitter today which I found interesting: "changing my hair color YET AGAIN! But it's for a good reason " She also told someone "I'll be back in the city this weekend so don't you fret "
Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
 Feb 8 2010, 01:42:51 AM
I saw the show for the first time at yesterday's mat. I absolutely loved it. I was shocked I did, really. Kerry was AWESOME (though I can't really compare her to anyone)and the audience was going crazy! So much fun and energy!
Ragtime production in black face!! so horrified!!!
 Jan 28 2010, 01:48:41 AM
Oy Vay!
Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
 Jan 24 2010, 10:16:54 PM
I've rushed the show twice and both times got to the box office around 10:45. It may be busier now, though, I'm not sure. The seats are GREAT and really a steal for $26.50!
IF YOU THINK PRICES ARE TOO HIGH DON'T BUY TICKETS
 Jan 15 2010, 03:01:07 PM
"Clearly there are people who are able to fork over 120 bucks for a Broadway show, that is why they do it. "

Yes. However these are not the people that are going to fill theaters month after month. People paying $120 are most likely out of town people who see a show on Broadway MAYBE once a year. What about us people that live in NY, or around the NY area, or visit frequently? We're the people that are going to see the shows most and so it's important prices accomadate us, too.

IF YOU THINK PRICES ARE TOO HIGH DON'T BUY TICKETS
 Jan 15 2010, 01:44:28 PM
Annas, I agree. You just posted this same opinion in another thread... was this really needed?
LA CAGE ticket prices
 Jan 14 2010, 10:33:45 PM
I guess I'll see you guys in the balcony, too. Thank goodness they did give us that option though, like theaterguy said. Not like "Night Music" where it's $50 for that terror balcony.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You