pixeltracker

Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages

Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 12:10am

This young sexy actress was absolutely fantastic in the show tonight, the audience was on fire, the cast was 1st rate.
Nothing but great comments heard from the audience, standing ovation at the end.
Mitchell Jarvis is just outstanding as the Narrator. I hope he stays with the show for a long, long time.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#2Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 12:19am

She. Is. Phenomenal.

It will be a serious crime if they don't bump this girl up when Kerry leaves in March.

muscle23ftl
#2Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 12:29am

Were you there tonight?
Her body is to die for! And her dancing was flawless.
Kerry is really wonderful too, honestly her singing and amazing acting make up for her lack of dancing skills.
Michelle Mais told me that she is going to reprise her role in The Last Lesson in June(she won a GLAAD Award for it), so get ready guys for more Maisey! She's a class act.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#3Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 1:23am

Yes, I was. Up front. I thought the crowd was rather dead.

But, next to Savannah, Emily is my favorite Sherrie. What a voice. And yes, what a killer body.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#4Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 1:37am

I thought Emily was very good, however Ericka is still my favorite.

WickedlyEdna1962 Profile Photo
WickedlyEdna1962
#5Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 1:42am

I saw the show for the first time at yesterday's mat. I absolutely loved it. I was shocked I did, really. Kerry was AWESOME (though I can't really compare her to anyone)and the audience was going crazy! So much fun and energy!

Barney Stinson
#6Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 1:55am

How packed was it this weekend?

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#7Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 1:57am

"I thought Emily was very good, however Ericka is still my favorite."

She's also fantastic!

maxximumvolume Profile Photo
maxximumvolume
#8Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 3:46am

I was there last night, seeing Kerry for my first time. My first two times I saw Amy. I usually love Kerry, but I honestly didn't love her in this role. She has a beautiful voice, but not enough edge for some of these songs. Constatine is still so great, and of course so is Mitchell. Jeremy was on for Franz; he looks a lot like Wesley and sort of does an impression of what he used to do, I had really wanted to see Tom (big Buffy fan), so I'll probably go back. The audience was crazy and packed, though, and very very drunk. I always feel so dirty when the show is over, but it's so much fun.

muscle23ftl
#9Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 8:59am

maxx, so do you think Amy was a lot better than Kerry?
I asked some cast members about Amy, and I've been told she was vocally exausted singing RoA's score every night.
Nothing like what some people on this board mentioned about her leaving the show because she didn't like the show or because she didn't get along with the cast.

maxximumvolume Profile Photo
maxximumvolume
#10Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 10:38am

In general I don't necessarily think that Amy is a better musical theatre performer than Kerry, but I think Amy fit the role of Sherrie better, in terms of vocal quality, her sass, and her physical look. She simply seemed to fit into the world of the show better. Both times I saw her were pretty early in her run, so her voice didn't sound strained to me at all. Take that for what it's worth.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#11Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 10:51am

I saw her a few weeks before she left and it was... interesting, to say the least.

muscle23ftl
#12Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 2:50pm

JP2, tell me more pleaseeee!!!

By the way, this show is such fun. I think it has the appeal for the regular non-musical theatre crowd, and then again, it has some trimmings for any Broadway fan, and jokes of all kinds, even for the gay audiences. Even there is a line in the show where Mitchell Jarvis makes fun of the lack of depth of the musical.

Has RoA recouped?

froggy2
#13Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/8/10 at 3:52pm

MOTHER EFFER, cannot believe I missed Woodard on as Franz. Again.

Oh and FWIW I completely agree with you, maxximumvolume, re: Spanger (and her sass) being great for the part. I love Kerry and she has an incredible voice but I feel like she's kind of awkward as Sherrie. She reminds me of a little pageant girl going through motions that are way too adult for her and it's a little creepy.

I've only seen Emily once, but LOVED her. I would definitely not complain if she was bumped up to full time after Kerry leaves.
Updated On: 2/8/10 at 03:52 PM

muscle23ftl
#14Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/11/10 at 2:39am

Anyone knows the official reason why Amy left the show?

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#15Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/11/10 at 2:58am

There was never an "official" reason. You'd have to ask Amy herself.

bwayjoemcnally Profile Photo
bwayjoemcnally
#16Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/14/10 at 6:51am

Kelli Barrett was fabulous...gorgeous. Amy Spanger had the right amount of sass/comedy/timing...and really brought the funny...set the bar. made Constantine, who's always great, even better...Savannah Wise was brilliant...Kerry Butler was a total pro...the show was lucky to have her & all the covers have been quite strong........however.........

EMILY PADGETT IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE MOST KICK-ASS SHERRIE EVER!

go see her. amazing.

muscle23ftl
#17Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/14/10 at 3:51pm

I got to see Emily and Kerri only, and some clips of Amy.
I think Amy was the total package, but Kerri is very strong vocally and acting wise. She might not "fit in" like some said, because her outfit and wig seem not to fit her well. But she is truly great and sings wonderfully everynight.
Emily is an excellent dancer and was terrific in it too, but I don't think she is better than Kerri or Amy. I think she did great though.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#18Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/14/10 at 3:54pm

Well, personally Savannah was light years better than Amy and Kerry. Not to knock Amy and Kerry, but Savannah had everything. She had the right young look, she danced it the best, and vocally, she hit everything out of the ballpark. Amy's voice couldn't handle it, and Kerry sounds great on some songs, but her voice doesn't fit a few other songs. And Kerry just simply cannot dance.

I didn't think anyone could ever top Savannah in the role, until I saw Emily Padgett.

muscle23ftl
#19Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/14/10 at 4:07pm

Well, I am glad I got to see everyone's favorite Sherri. She is very very good. It's always exciting to see actresses making their Broadway debuts and understudying big roles. It definitely keeps the show fresh. Kerri doesn't even try to dance much, LOL! But she truly acts very well and sings wonderfully most of the songs, sometimes it feels like she doesn't try hard on some songs, but then she blows the audience away with her big note in "Harden My Heart", she literally got an ovation in the middle of the show.

Guys, this show is a must see, now with this 2 for 1 promotion, you should see this for sure. Michelle Mais, Constantine and Mitch Jarvis are worth the ticket price alone. Wonderful!!!

StarStruckGB Profile Photo
StarStruckGB
#20Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/14/10 at 4:15pm

Wouldn't it be fun to see Savannah come back when Kerry has to go...
I really do love Kerry though, and there's something in her awkardness that I appreciate alot in the role. But Emily has yet to disappoint me.

I took my friend for the first time yesterday, she didn't say a word until intermission & she just turns to me and goes "Kerry Butler is FIERCE!"
Haha, it was precious.

Goshen doesn't do High-School-shows.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#21Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/15/10 at 12:09am

I do like the awkwardness that Kerry brings. Though, it just makes it a completely different character. Yes, actually. Kerry's Sherrie is in fact a completely different character.

StarStruckGB Profile Photo
StarStruckGB
#22Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/15/10 at 1:03am

^ Agreed :0)

Goshen doesn't do High-School-shows.

Jersey Girl2 Profile Photo
Jersey Girl2
#23Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/15/10 at 12:01pm

I finally got to see Emily.
She was fantastic!
She has that sweet/ innocent quality that makes a perfect Sherrie.
Loved her voice- I hope she replaces Kerry when she leaves.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss."

Greatwhiteway3
#24Emily Padgett as Sherrie in Rock of Ages
Posted: 2/16/10 at 3:06am

Lucky for her looks don't count.. Ouch

Videos