Avenue Q off-Broadway rush

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#1Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/6/10 at 9:48am

I searched and couldn't really find any information except for when it was still on Broadway.

I never got a chance to see the Broadway production and I've been meaning to get rush tickets. Has anyone else done this rush? If so, have there been many people there lately? I figured it would be better to go now than in the warmer months so I would get a better shot at tickets if it was busy.

Michael9
#2Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/24/10 at 5:58pm

Bump

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/24/10 at 6:09pm

Do off B'way shows HAVE rush availability??? The prices are already so much cheaper.

I'd try contacting New World Stages directly.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#3Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/24/10 at 9:31pm

It's 26.50 for the front row, sold when they open on the day of.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#4Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/24/10 at 9:41pm

I haven't been able to get a ticket, it's always been my backup show if I lose Lotto or whatever. The Box Office guy said they have been selling out when the box office opens at 10.

WickedlyEdna1962 Profile Photo
WickedlyEdna1962
#5Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/24/10 at 10:16pm

I've rushed the show twice and both times got to the box office around 10:45. It may be busier now, though, I'm not sure. The seats are GREAT and really a steal for $26.50!

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#6Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/25/10 at 3:37pm

I got an email about a special at New World Stages with 20 seats for $20 at every performance in the next few weeks including Avenue Q. I don't have the particulars. Anyone else?

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#7Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/25/10 at 3:50pm

I'm guessing that email was talking about 20at20?

http://www.20at20.com

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Luv2goToShows
#8Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/25/10 at 4:02pm

I got the same email and I may be missing it but I do not see Ave Q listed as one of the participating shows. It only listing these two shows at New World Stages for the 20at20 deal :

Naked Boys Singing!
Gazillion Bubble Show

tking001
#9Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/25/10 at 4:09pm

I asked about 20 at 20 for Avenue Q when I was at the box office 2 weeks ago and the man said Avenue Q is not participating in 20 at 20.

He also said that their are a limited # of $26.50 rush tickets. He wouldn't tell me how many

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#10Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/27/10 at 10:30am

My mistake. I could have sworn the original email included Avenue Q because I have a visiting friend coming who would probably like it, and I thought . . ."hmmmmm. For $20 I could do that." Especially since I'm practically next door to it right now.
I can't imagine why I'd have thought that if it didn't mention the show. But I do see it isn't in the list now.

Fosse76
#11Avenue Q off-Broadway rush
Posted: 1/27/10 at 11:47am

"I've rushed the show twice and both times got to the box office around 10:45."

That's what I was going to say. That must be a very recent phenomenon because initially they took the unsold Rush tickets and sold them at full price...and my understanding was that it was a common occurence.

Videos