Jersey Boys Student Rush

specialk2
#1Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/10/10 at 10:26pm

Sorry to be one of those people, but the search function brought up nothing. Does anyone know how early you need to get to the box office for Jersey Boys student rush? Specifically Wednesday or Thursday?

Thanks in advance!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/11/10 at 1:54pm

Doesn't Jersey Boys do a mobile lotto? Has anyone ever won that?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/11/10 at 1:58pm

They got rid of it. And no, I think it was all a listbuilding sham and no one actually won it.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

specialk2
#3Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/11/10 at 2:00pm

I think it went from rush to nothing to mobile lottery to the now student rush.

Has anyone here done the current student rush?

WickedlyEdna1962 Profile Photo
WickedlyEdna1962
#4Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/11/10 at 2:07pm

I did the student rush about 3 weeks ago. Got there at 10:45 on a Wednesday and there were still seats left for the evening show (didn't ask about the mat.) Seats are Row Z orchestra and partial view. The mezz hangs quite low and so much of the 2nd level of the set is cut off. As well (if you've seen the show) the big screens that drop down are cut off, too. Still, though, good seats for the price.

andsym9001
#5Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/12/10 at 12:26am

I did the rush and was the second person in line at 9:15 about a month ago. The seat i got was aa 107-109 i believe they were front row all the way to the right directly under the spiral staircase and even though they were not the best seats i thoroughly enjoyed the show. I am not complaining because i understand the great deal the seats were. I felt bad for the poeple behind me who had paid full price for their seats. woops

Trainwreck Profile Photo
Trainwreck
#6Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/12/10 at 12:33am

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/article/82428-Broadway-Rush-Lottery-and-Standing-Room-Only-Policies

Scroll down on this page and you'll find this -

Jersey Boys
Student Rush: $27 - a limited number of student tickets to select Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday performances may be available when the box office opens at 10 AM. Two kinds of photo ID must be shown: A non-expired full time student ID as well as a government issued photo ID, drivers license or passport. Limit 2 tickets per person per 30 day period. Tickets subject to availability. Locations may be partial view.

Standing Room: $27 - available at the box office only two hours prior to the performance. Limit 1 ticket per person. Only available when the performance is sold out. Cash only.

Shows Seen - Swing!**, Rent (Broadway)**, The Lion King***, Wicked*****, Legally Blonde***, Chicago****, Cats***, Fiddler on the Roof***, Burn the Floor**, In the Heights***, Hair*****, A Christmas Story**, Rock of Ages***, Vanities*, Billy Elliot****, Next to Normal*****, 9 to 5**, Mary Poppins***, Guys and Dolls***, Aladdin***, Les Miserables*****

Upcoming Shows - Cinderella, Oklahoma!, Damn Yankees, Rent

Paramount Theater and 5th Avenue Theater season ticket holder

Proud Gleek

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#7Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/12/10 at 12:36am

Yes, but that still doesn't answer the question as to the average time on a weekday that people start lining up.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

specialk2
#8Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/12/10 at 1:08am

Exactly. ^

I do know exactly how it works. I know the information, I was just wondering when people generally started to line up.

andsym9001, were your tickets for evening or matinee? Just curious. Updated On: 3/12/10 at 01:08 AM

andsym9001
#9Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/12/10 at 4:44pm

Mine were for a wed matinee at the end of January. Me and one other person were the only 2 in line until about 9:35. The lady working there also said people usually start lining up around 9. She also gave me and the other person free jersey boys programs saying that people always leave them at the show. It was odd but very nice!

specialk2
#10Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 3/12/10 at 6:20pm

Ah, that is very good news. I'm going next Wednesday, St. Patrick's Day. Do you all think the holiday will help or hinder my chances? I'm planning to get to the box office around 9:30.

specialk2
#11Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 4/24/10 at 6:23pm

Updated On: 4/24/10 at 06:23 PM

smellysnarkysocks
#12Jersey Boys Student Rush
Posted: 4/24/10 at 7:46pm

You sure do ask a lot of questions about Jersey Boys.

Videos