pixeltracker

Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances

Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances

Michelle616 Profile Photo
Michelle616
#1Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances
Posted: 3/15/10 at 11:31am

So, I'm obsessed with people who post videos of themselves singing into their computer's webcam on YouTube. They make me laugh.

MissBroadwayDork is pretty hilariously (and intentionally) campy, though this has probably been posted before.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MissBroadwayDork#p/u/114/tQEagnSkRiU

This one's not technically YouTube, but it's a goldmine. I can't get two seconds in without cracking up.
http://www.broadwayspace.com/video/broadways-next-big-starjack

Another ode to Legally Blonde.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To0Rd3iIFpU

What are some of your favorites?

Trainwreck Profile Photo
Trainwreck
#2Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances
Posted: 3/15/10 at 12:30pm

*** INITIATE TYPICAL BWW RESPONSE ***

Don't you mean MUSICAL tunes? Show COULD mean play too, you know. Blah blah blah

*** END SARCASTIC TRANSMISSION ***

Actually, thanks for posting this stuff. Hilarious! I love the last one. I have a very low, manly voice, and I think I could outsing her on that one. She sounds like a giant nose singing it.

Shows Seen - Swing!**, Rent (Broadway)**, The Lion King***, Wicked*****, Legally Blonde***, Chicago****, Cats***, Fiddler on the Roof***, Burn the Floor**, In the Heights***, Hair*****, A Christmas Story**, Rock of Ages***, Vanities*, Billy Elliot****, Next to Normal*****, 9 to 5**, Mary Poppins***, Guys and Dolls***, Aladdin***, Les Miserables*****

Upcoming Shows - Cinderella, Oklahoma!, Damn Yankees, Rent

Paramount Theater and 5th Avenue Theater season ticket holder

Proud Gleek

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#2Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances
Posted: 3/15/10 at 12:47pm

I adore MissBroadwayDork--and she has a terrific voice.

Trainwreck Profile Photo
Trainwreck
#3Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances
Posted: 3/15/10 at 12:59pm

By the way, if that is actually MissBroadwayDork singing, she really does have a good voice.

What the HELL was the second guy thinking? Has he ever heard himself sing?

Shows Seen - Swing!**, Rent (Broadway)**, The Lion King***, Wicked*****, Legally Blonde***, Chicago****, Cats***, Fiddler on the Roof***, Burn the Floor**, In the Heights***, Hair*****, A Christmas Story**, Rock of Ages***, Vanities*, Billy Elliot****, Next to Normal*****, 9 to 5**, Mary Poppins***, Guys and Dolls***, Aladdin***, Les Miserables*****

Proud Gleek

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#4Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances
Posted: 3/15/10 at 7:59pm

I actually like this girl. She has a good voice and yet is not taking herself too seriously. Plus she is funny. Watch her do Norma Desmond.

WickedlyEdna1962 Profile Photo
WickedlyEdna1962
#5Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances
Posted: 3/15/10 at 8:14pm

"*** INITIATE TYPICAL BWW RESPONSE ***

Don't you mean MUSICAL tunes? Show COULD mean play too, you know. Blah blah blah"

I'm assuming this was meant to be funny but- no, no. I'm pretty sure we all know it's Showtunes. Considering plays don't normally have "tunes." When is the last time you read someone on here refer to music from a show as "Musical Tunes" as opposed to "Showtunes?" OY.

angelxschunard Profile Photo
angelxschunard
#6Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances
Posted: 3/15/10 at 10:06pm

The only comment on the Broadwayspace video is the best thing about that whole thing. Haha

Into the Woods, Beauty and the Beast, RENT, Mamma Mia!, Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde, Evita (with Julia Murney), Hairspray (with Paul Vogt), Peter and the Starcatchers (with Christian Borle), Lion King, Altar Boyz, Legally Blonde (with Lauren Zackrin).

swimmingzeppo
#7Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances
Posted: 3/16/10 at 11:32am

"By the way, if that is actually MissBroadwayDork singing, she really does have a good voice."

Yes! She really does have an amazing voice!

Trainwreck Profile Photo
Trainwreck
#8Hilarious Showtune YouTube Performances
Posted: 3/16/10 at 12:37pm

"I'm assuming this was meant to be funny but- no, no. I'm pretty sure we all know it's Showtunes. Considering plays don't normally have "tunes." When is the last time you read someone on here refer to music from a show as "Musical Tunes" as opposed to "Showtunes?" OY."

Your sarcasm detector must be very broken if you didn't see "blah blah blah" and note my use of the word "sarcastic" at the end of my comment. I meant to make it very over-the-top ridiculous.

Sheesh, some of you guys need to loosen up a little bit on here.

Proud Gleek
Updated On: 3/16/10 at 12:37 PM

Videos