pixeltracker

Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)

Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)

iluvtheatertrash
#0Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/23/06 at 10:54pm

Hey, gang. I already searched and couldn't find this out...

How many rush seats ARE there? 12, 16, 18, 24? Anyone know?

A friend and I are gonna get there around 8:30 on Saturday morning and if all the seats are gone already, we're gonna try and race over to Tarzan.

Thanks!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#1re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/23/06 at 11:07pm

Heya... there is a max of 12. Depending on the day, it might only be 10. re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)

Good luck!

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

Updated On: 5/23/06 at 11:07 PM

kaboodles041 Profile Photo
kaboodles041
#2re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/23/06 at 11:07pm

The first time I went there were 12 available, the second time for some reason 10. And remember, people can buy 2 with one student ID, so tix go fast!

Arghh! Grammar pet peeve #1: your vs you're. "Your" is a possessive pronoun. "You're" is the contraction of "you are." <<

beav
#3re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/24/06 at 8:47pm

does one need to have a student id??? what i really wish to know is if the rush tickets are for students only and not poor people who are older?
thanks,

jim

iluvtheatertrash
#4re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/26/06 at 9:58am

Thanks, guys.

I'm getting there at 8:30 on a Saturday morning. I'm hoping that's early enough. If not, off to TARZAN or to standing room 3 DAYS OF RAIN I go.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

kaboodles041
#5re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/26/06 at 11:29am

Mr Dinky--I know alot of people say try anyway, but I'm not sure about that. I have heard that some people get away with it by looking young. And at JB to be honest, they weren't as big on really checking my ID (not like the people at Wedding Singer), so if you have some hours to kill and feel like waiting in line, go for it, and good luck (PS you may want to report your findings back on the boards, this has come up before)

Iluvtheatertrash--Good luck!!

Arghh! Grammar pet peeve #1: your vs you're. "Your" is a possessive pronoun. "You're" is the contraction of "you are." <<

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#6re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/26/06 at 11:46am

I did student rush on Tuesday night and I believe there were 10 tickets. I would recommend bringing the student I.D, but the guy barely looked at mine.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

kaboodles041
#7re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/26/06 at 12:26pm

True. Like I said he BARELY looked, but the point is, he still looked and saw I had one.

poodleboy Profile Photo
poodleboy
#8re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/26/06 at 12:33pm

Does JB have standing room?
Updated On: 5/26/06 at 12:33 PM

DreamFlyer22
#9re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/26/06 at 10:27pm

Yup. Along the back railing on the floor. Not bad for the price you pay- you just miss the stuff on the crosswalk and the projection screens, but you still catch all the main action.

Be forewarned, though... SRO doesn't sell when Student Rush does. SRO tickets go on sale (I believe?) one hour before showtime.

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#10re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/26/06 at 11:03pm

someone said "if you dont mind waiting..." -- from what I've heard there is always a line at TARZAN -- but how about JERSEY BOYS?

kaboodles041
#11re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/26/06 at 11:47pm

Oh yes there is a line. I got there for JB once at 7:40am for the 2pm show, and it reached its capacity at 9, no later than 9:30.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#12re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/27/06 at 12:21am

It really all depends. I lined up about an hour before on Easter Sunday, which I thought would be extremely busy, and no one was there. Before, I had gone on a random Thursday and too many people were there two hours before they gave the tickets out.

But there's pretty much always a line at Tarzan. JB might be your best bet, actually. It's worth the wait - the student tix are great.

There are usually around 13 any given night. It can go down, it can go up. But I don't think it ever dips below 8 or so.

DreamFlyer22
#13re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 5/27/06 at 9:53am

Just don't mistake Jersey Boys as an EASY ticket to get. Either Tarzan or JB is going to mean sitting and waiting. I recommend a book... ipod... crosswords... re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)

treyisthekiller Profile Photo
treyisthekiller
#14re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 6/4/06 at 3:16pm

is JB getting THAT popular? I didnt think student rush tickets were THAT hard to get. I remember getting student rush to the producers (in it's prime) and there was no line and no hesitation

'Acting provides the fulfillment of never being fulfilled. You're never as good as you'd like to be. So there's always something to hope for.' -- Washington Irving

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#15re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 6/4/06 at 3:31pm

Haha yes...JB is getting THAT popular. Where have you been? And what time would one recommend getting there for a Friday 8pm perf?

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#16re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 6/4/06 at 3:47pm

I'd say sure JB is "that popular" but the fact that they only have 12 seats (hence, only 6, even 5 for some shows w/ 10 seats, people need to get there before they're all claimed). That certainly makes them harder to get.

And yes, I believe the SRO is sold either an hour or two before the show...I'm pretty sure it's 1 hour though. That kind of irritates me though, since they're obviously already going to be sold out. Why not just sell them at 10? Why have another line of people while Will Call people are going to be flocking to the BO to pick up their tix??

Oh, and one more thing...when I did rush several months ago, they seemed pretty lax on looking at the ID. You're supposed to have both a student ID and a license to prove you're under 25 (I think) and I put them in the box one on top of the other (don't remember which was on top) and the guy didn't look at either of them at all. He certainly didn't look at whichever one was on the bottom.

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

DreamFlyer22
#17re: Jersey Boys rush question (I ALREADY SEARCHED!)
Posted: 6/4/06 at 8:10pm

I'd say have your ID ready, but they're not going to grill you about it like they seemed ready to back in November when the show opened. Heh. Anyone remember when the original policy was posted? "Photo ID will be photocopied and kept in a file" as a means to make SURE people weren't using their IDs more than once a month to see the show.

Wooow...