Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!

IheartJ-TAGS Profile Photo
IheartJ-TAGS
#0Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 5:23pm

So I did the rush today. And I got B9. The girls in front of me (who were first in line) got A 5-9. The girls behind me got row C to the extreme right, and another girl got D 12-14. So I guess they aren't doing the first row on the right and left anymore. I had B9 for Little Shop, so I know that seat isn't too bad. I just didn't want any even numbers cause of the staircase so I am fine. Just wanted to let y'all all know.

nancyboyhairgel Profile Photo
nancyboyhairgel
#1re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 5:34pm

really? i did it yesterday and got A2. they people after me were next to me.

Purpose. It's that little flame that lights a fire under your ass. ~Avenue Q

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#2re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 5:39pm

Isn't A5-9 first row?

Maybe some family of the cast was coming. It could be a lot of reasons. How many tickets did they give out?

IheartJ-TAGS
#3re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 5:48pm

Yes A5-9 is the first row. They were the first three seats given out. According to where I was in line I should have gotten A7, but alas did not. B9 isn't all that bad though, I just feel sorry for the people who got tickets after me.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#4re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 5:57pm

When i rushed Jersey Boys in November, the seats were in Row W of the Orchestra (which were considered partial view). Are they now selling these for full price?

Ebonic_Singer
#5re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 6:10pm

I think theyre selling them at partial view prices.

JarNerdAV Profile Photo
JarNerdAV
#6re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 6:38pm

So if I had a choice of two sets of tickets, E 9&11 would be better than E 10&12?

IheartJ-TAGS
#7re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 6:45pm

YES...most definitely. There is a staircase stage left (house right) and you don't want to get caught behind it.

JarNerdAV Profile Photo
JarNerdAV
#8re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 6:55pm

Thanks. There were two sets of tickets on e-bay but I didn't buy either of them because I wasn't sure if they were okay sight lines. They didn't appear to sell, however, so I should have another chance in the future if I want the ones house left.

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#9re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 7:06pm

when i did rush last month the box office guy wanted to give me row B, but i asked for row A instead...he said row B was better, i still got row A

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#10re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 7:12pm

It really all depends. I have sat both sides of the house - stage right, house left for my last time, and the other five times it's been behind the stairs (house right, stage left). I really think they're both great spots.

I hope to try again soon - maybe this weekend, to catch Michael as Frankie. If I decide to rush this weekend, I'll definitely ask about the seats and see if I can get A2 or not.

kaibranch
#11re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 7:32pm

So, odd numbers are good? I'll remember that. I'm planning on doing rush next week. What time did you get there?

wicked_mimi
#12re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 8:10pm

Row A seats 1 and 3 never have been rush. The seats that were rush before were A 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and then B 6, 8, 9, and 10.... when did row D start getting thrown in there... EW!

Row W hasn't been used for rush since January I think...
Updated On: 6/29/06 at 08:10 PM

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#13re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 8:58pm

IheartJ-TAGS,
Was B9 really okay? I have a ticket for November for Left Orchestra Row C, Seat 9 and I am concerned that I won't have a full view of the stage at that angle. Also, is the stage up high which would also limit the view? It is my first time seeing the show and I want to be able to see everything.

JerseyGirl
#14re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 9:09pm

Last time I saw the show I was on the aisle seat, Row G, next to the doors audience's extreme right... so the spiral staircase was in my way a little, and I missed a projection above the catwalk ... it doesn't take away from your experience at all.

Honestly guys, don't be picky about seats, be grateful you get seats. If you see one for sale on ebay, get it, becuase your chances of getting a ticket are very slim right now. 2 weeks ago an article reported that JB had sold $25 million in advance sales. That means that basically every seat has been sold for the next 25 weeks. Good luck, and enjoy the show!

AnothaPartofMe
#15re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/29/06 at 10:19pm

How early should you get there to get SR tix, and what time do they start selling them?

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#16re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/30/06 at 12:51am

That's what I want to know too, AnothaPartofMe.

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html

IheartJ-TAGS
#17re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/30/06 at 2:42am

Yeah B9 was not bad. I couldn't see the projections stage right, but no biggie. I got winked at a couple of times by the actors so whatever! The SRO people got in line around 2:30-3. And they go on sale 2hrs before curtain.

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#18re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/30/06 at 7:27am

"when did row D start getting thrown in there... EW!"

Why on earth would you "ew" Row D? Because it's not the very first row? I'd rather have Row D and be back a teeny bit, than have the staircase right in my face.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

wicked_mimi
#19re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/30/06 at 11:10am

No so much of an "ew" but more wondering why they are moving the student rush tickets around again. The ones they have/had are where student rush should be, obstructed but made up for because you are in the first or second row. I mean it is good that there is student rush, most popular shows do lottery or just standing room, but it's just sad that they are moving them around since I liked where they were.

Seat B9 and A9 are good.... you see everything going on in the wings but better on the left side than the right. Those stairs are really annoying to see around on the right.

kaibranch
#20re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/30/06 at 2:46pm

I want to try doing rush, but I've never done it before. Can somebody tell me what time to get there for a 2pm or 8pm show? And this is during the week, does that make it better? Thanks!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#21re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/30/06 at 6:50pm

Got there at 1:15pm today and got the second SRO ticket. Very excited to see Michael Longoria's take on the role! Will report back later...

FYI: The people who were first in line for the student rush tickets got to the box office at 9am.

kaibranch
#22re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/30/06 at 7:42pm

Thank you! I think I'll do rush for the 2pm show then. I heard you should be there at 4:30pm for 8pm shows and I don't want to waste the whole day.

wicked_mimi
#23re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/30/06 at 10:37pm

Actually... tickets go on sale for 8 shows at 4:30.... you need to be there 2 or 3 hours before that!

IheartJ-TAGS
#24re: Jersey Boys Rush..Beware!
Posted: 6/30/06 at 11:19pm

2 or 3 hrs before that. Try at least 4 hours! I got there at 10:30 and the last person got there at 12:45. And that was a Thursday.