pixeltracker

Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!

Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!

iluvtheatertrash
#0Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/23/05 at 10:54pm

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going in to sing my heart out and hopefully get the job! First went when I was 5 with my family and I turned to my parents and said, "I wanna work her when I grow up!" (My mother tells the story to our waiter everytime we go in. So embarassing.) So, now that I've turned 18, I've decided to go for it and see if my old dream job comes true.

Hoping you'll all send me good luck vibes!

(After the audition, heading over to The Pillowman to try and get a student priced ticket. If not lucky, I'll go out for 'Chitty' to support Raul. I'll post a review!)

I'll be sure to let you all know what comes of it!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Holliwoodblonde Profile Photo
Holliwoodblonde
#1re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/23/05 at 11:22pm

Break a Leg!!! Stardust is such a fun place!! Love the avator by the way re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!

http://avdagen.blogspot.com/

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#2re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/23/05 at 11:28pm

Break a leg!
When's your audition?

~Steven

Gothampc
#3re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/23/05 at 11:34pm

Just don't eat any of their food. Bleecchh. And I hope you like tourists!!

Sing out Louise! Smile Baby!

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

iluvtheatertrash
#4re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/23/05 at 11:39pm

Tourists don't bug me and neither does their food. :)

The audition's at 3:00.

Gothampc
#5re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/23/05 at 11:42pm

"Tourists don't bug me" - iluvtheatertrash

We'll check back in 6 months.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#6re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/23/05 at 11:53pm

I love eating there!

That's where I eat in the morning whenever I audition in NY!!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

iluvtheatertrash
#7re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:07am

Haha, I'll be sure to fill you all in!

Gothampc
#8re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:19am

We demand your employee discount when we eat there!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#9re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:24am

Haha, agreed, we do!

~Steven

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#10re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:26am

BREAK LEGS!! yay!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#11re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:47am

break a leg!!!!

(ps... i cant believe i didnt eat there when i went to NY!!)

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#12re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 9:10am

Stephanie, I felt so fancy when I started saying "Break Legs," instead of "Break a leg," thinking that I came up with something fun and new. Damn you! hehe Just kidding. Anyway, break legs (damn you steph) and have FUN! If you get the job, let me know, so I can take advantage of your discount re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow! What are you singing?

-Vincent

#13re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 9:43am

I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead trashie! I love the Stardust and try to hit it everytime I'm in town! Yes, I'm one of those annoying tourists!

I took my boyfriend for his first visit and whenever the place is mentioned he thinks for a moment and says "Ah yes, the $15 patty melt!"

iluvtheatertrash
#14re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:31am

I'll be singing "When I Look At You" - The Scarlet Pimpernel.

It's Wildhorn, and while I don't really feel like supporting him after the bullsh*t he pulled with the DRACULA recording, it's my best song. Granted, it's a woman's song, but it's out of the context of the show AND Percy reprises half of it later in the show anyway.

And thanks for all the wishes for leg-breaking! And erm, can't promise any discounts if I get the job, but I'm hoping you'll all stop in anyway!

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#15re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 10:55am

break toes!! tell us how it is! it's exciting, really. congrats. i'm 18 too but i'm off to college next year, so no work for me yet. but really, tell us how everything goes. and GOOD LUCK! have fun, it will be a great experience.

iluvtheatertrash
#16re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:27am

I'm so nervous. I actually don't know how it works. They said to bring a theater resume, a work resume, a headshot, a karaoke cd with the song I'll be singing and myself. Am I singing in front of all the patrons or do they take me in a private room? God, I'm nervous!

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
#17re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:47am

Break a leg... preferably not your own.

Heck, break two, for good measure.

I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!

cathyhyatt
#18re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:22pm

that's awesome! I def. wanna audition to work there IF I go to college in the city next year! your so lucky...I love that place! hahha well, good luck to you...let us know!

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#19re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:25pm

Ooh that would be so cool if you just auditioned in the restaurant but I doubt that happens, because they probably have some pretty bad people audition.

Gothampc
#20re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:32pm

Uh oh. It's too late now, but I would change the audition song. Ellen's has a 1950's diner theme. You should have sang an uptempo song from that era. "Goody, Goody" comes to mind.

cathyhyatt
#21re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:35pm

I've been to Ellen's before and people sing other songs besides ones from the 50s. I think it's fine because they just want to see if you can sing. If you do get the job they can let you know which songs they would perfer(be it from the 50s or not).

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#22re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:40pm

Kick ass babe! :-P

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

sparky310 Profile Photo
sparky310
#23re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:13pm

do yourself and big favor and skip it..it is a nightmare there.

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#24re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:21pm

I was one of the opening waiters when they moved next door to the WinterGarden. Ah, the memories! Some great, some not so great. I remember having to scoop buckets of cole slaw into little paper bowls with my bare hands. I did make some of my best friends there, though. Being a singer waiter...nothing I EVER want to do again, but definitely a memorable time in my life. Best of luck.

29th and Gay