pixeltracker

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four- Page 10

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#225re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 4:46pm

Oh and, I just came from the Lincoln Center Library; along the walls they have up for the construction outside the main plaza, there's a big poster for the concert with Raúl and Kristin's headshots. re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#226re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 4:47pm

Maybe "Music from A Chorus Line" will take a while?

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#227re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 4:51pm

Yeah, but some of those songs are long. Soliloquy (THANK GOD IT'S ON THERE!) is about 8 or 9 minutes. And Tonight is fairly long, too. And maybe the musical interludes will be lengthy, too? But I agree, it seems rather....brief.

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#227re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 4:51pm

maybe they will do the whole score....I wanna see Raul do high kicks...

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#229re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 4:53pm

LOL! Yes, high kicks, please!! I'm happy about "Tonight", even though in my earlier posts I was less than enthusiastic about WSS, I'm starting to warm to it.

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

Updated On: 4/18/08 at 04:53 PM

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#230re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 4:54pm

"The worst thing in school was every time the teacher called on me...I'd be hard. I'd be hard. Really."

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#231re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 4:56pm

dance ten looks three would be my preference...he could so rock his booty

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

luvtheEmcee
#232re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 4:58pm

Maybe there'll be surprises. re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four

Those "music from" things are probably just the orchestra, no? Like overtures?

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 4/18/08 at 5:03pm

Updated On: 1/23/09 at 05:03 PM

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#234re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 6:49pm

Wow, I'm actually a little disappointed in that list. While I'm ecstatic that I get to hear him do "Soliloquy", I was really hoping to hear some more material that was new for him. I'm really hoping that there is more My Fair Lady than Chorus Line, since I'm not really a Chorus Line fan.

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

misschung
#235re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 7:29pm

Wait, what is "Soliloquy" from?

I'm excited about Being Alive and stuff from My Fair Lady, if it is in fact, songs. If he does "Accustomed to Her Face" or "On the Street Where You Live," I might die.

It does seem like a short list. This man needs to do a solo show, ASAP. And Tink, I totally agree with "dance 10 looks 3." I would wet my pants.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?
Updated On: 4/22/08 at 07:29 PM

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 4/18/08 at 7:36pm

Updated On: 1/23/09 at 07:36 PM

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#237re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 7:56pm

The list is surprisingly unimaginative. I picture Philharmonic musicians falling over in a coma playing some of this. Maybe it's not too late to submit *our* set list.

misschung
#238re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 8:09pm

I guess so, Keen re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#239re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 8:40pm

I don't even see how a couple of those songs are really show-stoppery enough to warrant inclusion. ("Oh What a Circus"? Really?) I really was hoping for some more exciting and different material. We've heard them sing most of these songs before with a couple of exceptions. I think I'd be less disappointed if they had not released the list in advance. Plus, that list makes it look like the entire concert is going to be about an hour long.

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

keen on kean
#240re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 8:46pm

Spidey - exactly! I just listened to "Oh, What a Circus" and it is the least impressive of Che's songs. C'mon, guys! *pouts* I can only hope that they are saving some good surprises.

bestinshow2
#241re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 9:40pm

Rauly went to the A Catered Affair Opening after all:

"After grabbing a few Instamatic shots of raucous revelers — among them: Doyle and his life-partner (civilian Robert Wilson), producer Jordan Roth and his (manager Richie Jackson), Fierstein and Raul Esparza — Bucchino retreated to quieter quarters to dispense some sage sound-bites, escaping the deafening party music."

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/116941.html

luvtheEmcee
#242re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 9:53pm

Aw, but they didn't get a picture. Booo.

keen on kean
#243re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:08pm

Wonder how the LOF workshop is going.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#244re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/19/08 at 12:12am

Does anyone know when Em's birthday is? Just wondering.

circusliz Profile Photo
circusliz
#245re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/20/08 at 12:58am

Miss Chung -- "Soliliquy" is from Carousel. It's the number where Billy Bigelow realizes the responsibilities that come with having a child.

On the road of life, do not pause for suicidal chipmunks who freeze in your headlights, seeking death by your tires...

beyonddizzy31 Profile Photo
beyonddizzy31
#246re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/20/08 at 1:54am

Tink- It was Friday.

Happy Belated B-day, Em!

Face life with a little guts and lots of *glitter*

luvtheEmcee
#247re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/20/08 at 2:08am

Heh, it was Saturday. A bunch of people had posted threads at the same time, though, so she was kidding. re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four

misschung
#248re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/20/08 at 10:04am

thanks, circus. I've never seen/heard Carousel, so it'll be a first for me.

bestinshow2
#249re: The Raúl E. Esparza 'don't look behind you' thread, part four
Posted: 4/20/08 at 11:04am

from wescraven.com:

Rogue Pictures has made deals that put the Focus Features genre arm in business with two horror icons. Rogue has greenlit "25/8," a thriller that will be directed by Wes Craven and marks the first original horror script he has written since 1994 pic "Wes Craven's New Nightmare."

Rogue starts production in April on "25/8," which will be produced by Iya Labunka and Anthony Katagas. Craven said the film unveils a signature villain, a serial killer who turns up 15 years after his purported death, to kill the seven children born on that fateful night.

"It's more a thriller than slasher film, and revolves around a young kid with a very dark past involving his family and his father," Craven told Daily Variety.

from http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/11316

[ABEL PLENKOV] Seen first in flashback, he's a meticulous, powerfully built family man of 33 who is battling to cope with a multiple personality disorder. A devoted husband and father, Abel is terrified when a malevolent entity starts controlling his thoughts and actions. Struggle though he may, he ultimately succumbs to the ghastly impulses that are driving him...LEAD (9)

Okayyyy, so is the zombie also the dad?? I hope so! :) This explains why Raúl is hitting the gym 4 times a week??

Updated On: 4/20/08 at 11:04 AM

Videos