pixeltracker

Lady Gaga singing "La Vie en Rose"- Page 2

Lady Gaga singing "La Vie en Rose"

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#25Lady Gaga singing
Posted: 8/2/15 at 11:40am

I would love to see her play Amy Winehouse on stage or in a biopic.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#26Lady Gaga singing
Posted: 8/2/15 at 2:16pm

Interesting that you say that .  It is my understanding that Tony Bennett had been planning  a project with Amy Winehouse before her death.  Perhaps this  album and tour would have featured her instead?    Oh and I love Gaga.  Anyone on this post who says she has no talent is just here to incite. 

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#27Lady Gaga singing
Posted: 8/2/15 at 11:38pm

She's a washed-up loser with no talent. Lock her up in a mental ward and throw away the key, please. 

Oh, please.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#28Lady Gaga singing
Posted: 8/4/15 at 8:10pm

Just to be clear: few if any of us who wrote that Gaga had this or that to work on implied she was untalented. I certainly didn't say that, but I agree with Joey that she needs to acquire the confidence to gesture less. She verges on pantomime.

Was it Arthur Freed or Roger Edens who told a young Judy Garland to pick ONE gesture per song--and only one--and use it only when it really counted? There are numbers where Garland's nerves get to her and she ends up clinging to a co-star or her trunk, presumably to keep her hands still, but by and large she followed that advice throughout her career.

It makes the difference between a singer seeming confidant in her interpretation of the song and appearing to be lost at sea. Again, watch Bette Midler's version: basically one gesture, beautifully done.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#29Lady Gaga singing
Posted: 8/4/15 at 8:51pm

That sucked.

Stephanatic

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#30Lady Gaga singing
Posted: 8/4/15 at 9:11pm

To all those who call Lady Gaga an "untalented, bratty hack who is just as bad as Ke$ha, Miley and Katy".

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#31Lady Gaga singing
Posted: 8/5/15 at 10:08am

Just to be clear: few if any of us who wrote that Gaga had this or that to work on implied she was untalented. I certainly didn't say that, but I agree with Joey that she needs to acquire the confidence to gesture less. She verges on pantomime.

See, that is the difference between smart, astute criticism, and, well... Liza's Headband.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#32Lady Gaga singing
Posted: 8/5/15 at 5:47pm

It is my understanding that Tony Bennett had been planning  a project with Amy Winehouse before her death.  Perhaps this  album and tour would have featured her instead?    

Dame, are you thinking of their recording of "Body And Soul" for Tony's Duets II album? It was recorded just a few months before she died and was her last recording. Or were they planning something else?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#33Lady Gaga singing
Posted: 8/5/15 at 5:54pm

She's great, but you can't beat this:

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#34Lady Gaga singing
Posted: 8/5/15 at 6:02pm

Jack gives her a run for her money. Or not.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 8/5/15 at 06:02 PM

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#35Lady Gaga singing
Posted: 8/6/15 at 12:03pm

Wonderful voice and performer (No talent? really?) but I agree with Pal Joey, she does too much with her hands. I prefer her Imagine performance to this. 

Videos