pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 33

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
FindingNamo
#801Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 6/25/15 at 1:00am

^^ That video is still the saddest thing.  It's like that shark Madonna jumped over years ago circled back around and jumped over her.

Jordan, a buzz tour is like a buzz single.  It's not meant to sell, it's just to raise awareness.

Maybe a lot of people aren't going because the tour leaked.  Did the tour leak?

It's shocking the number of seats that are available for the Boston date directly from the venue at prices MUCH lower than what the poor few suckers who bought tickets right away paid.

You know what?  Maybe the show will be good and maybe her audience's enjoyment doesn't hinge on tour grosses and sell out status.  Last year I went with my much much older sister to a Barry Gibb concert (I like to find something to do with her in the entertainment arena and he was always her favorite Bee Gee) in the same venue Madonna's not selling very well in and of the seats that were available for sale, probably around half did.  And you know what, it was still a really great show.  There was no complaining, no bitching about a small house.  Nobody seemed to enjoy it less because the show didn't sell out.  And there was a good two minutes straight of applause at one point so the aging boomers in the place could shower their appreciation on Gibb and it broke him up.  It was lovely.

So, maybe Madonna can survive not selling like she used to.  And maybe her most rabid fan(s) can deal with the fact that not selling out is not a flaw.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 6/25/15 at 01:00 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#802Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 6/25/15 at 1:07am

Interesting. I've honestly never heard of a buzz tour. Is that a common thing to do? It seems like an expensive thing to do to just get buzz going. 

A few years ago I was given 10 comps to Janet Jackson's show at Madison Square Garden so I called a bunch of gays and we all had a blast. That show wasn't selling at all and the place was maybe 1/3 empty but she tore that stage up and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

FindingNamo
#803Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 6/25/15 at 1:36am

Yeah, the Bette Midler show I saw wasn't completely sold out and it was one of the most enjoyable, lovely shows I've seen her do.  

I guess one of the tough things for the artists who stake their bragging rights and their measures of success on how many number thisses and how many sold out thatses is that when it stops happening, you might not have any sense of value left.

A buzz tour has different goals than a tour.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#804Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 6/25/15 at 1:47am

But I thought Madonna's last tour was one of the highest grossing tours of all time. Maybe that was just because it was so expensive and had nothing to do with actual attendance? 

Sad that she has to resort to buzz tours now since her album isn't selling. I'd love it if she did a buzz movie.

Updated On: 6/25/15 at 01:47 AM

FindingNamo
#805Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 6/25/15 at 2:03am

I think she only wants to direct and those movies that she directs get… what is the opposite of buzz?

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#806Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 6/25/15 at 9:59am

Oddly Namo you seem more obsessed with how well her tours are selling then any of us fans. I'm just happy I'm going and I'm hoping for a great show. You name other artists all the time (comparing to M) yet never about how well they are selling etc, but that's something you latch on to with Madonna. Not sure why that is so important to you?

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

FindingNamo
#807Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 6/25/15 at 10:43am

No.  You are constantly posting chart positions, record breaking grosses and sold out shows whenever anybody points out the low quality product she's pushing.  You do that.

And I have never believed these shows were all sell outs because the place I worked benefitted from the house being papered on the American Life tour.  NATURALLY after I had already paid handsomely for my ticket.

Anyway, if you have the time you could easily get discount tickets to the US leg of the tour and follow her around like a Deadhead.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#808Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 6/25/15 at 4:51pm

I got a free ticket to one of the MSG shows. And I have to admit, I'm REALLY excited about seeing...Amy Schumer.

FindingNamo
#809Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 6/25/15 at 5:00pm

You got a Buzz Ticket, Erik!  Amy will be great.  (Please don't let Madonna make out with her and steal her precious life essence.)

Updated On: 6/25/15 at 05:00 PM

ArtMan
#810Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 6/25/15 at 6:10pm

I received an email today from Live Nation.  It is a concert giveaway for one of her shows in Europe.  To enter, you have to tweet about her video or post your thoughts  about it on Facebook.  Since, I do neither, I didn't enter.

FindingNamo
#811Madonna and the mouse
Posted: 6/25/15 at 6:29pm

So many lucky winners around the world are going to score Buzz Seats!

#812Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/25/15 at 11:34pm

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6612570/madonna-bitch-im-madonna-hot-100-return

Bitch Im Madonna enters the Billboard Hot 100 charts and debuts at 84.

ok...   

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6612570/madonna-bitch-im-madonna-hot-100-return

Updated On: 6/25/15 at 11:34 PM

FindingNamo
#813Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/26/15 at 12:18am

Storming into the Top 85 is definitely going to churn up some buzz!  She just might finally achieve that total world domination she talked about with Dick Clark back in the 1900s.

FindingNamo
#814Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/26/15 at 1:22am

#1 on iTunes dance chart

You go, girl!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#815Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/26/15 at 3:42am

"I received an email today from Live Nation.  It is a concert giveaway for one of her shows in Europe.  To enter, you have to tweet about her video or post your thoughts  about it on Facebook.  Since, I do neither, I didn't enter.

"

I entered that one. Not so much for the Madge tix, but for the free trip to London.

songanddanceman2
#816Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/26/15 at 6:36am

Namo that's bollocks, the only thing I ever do is post news, I don't keep going on and on about it like you. And wait because comps are running to win tickets to the tour (as they do for anybody's tour) that means she ain't selling? Yet again you are clutching at straws.
You can also get discounted tickets to MOST tours through one site or another (most tickets I buy to tours of other artists are discounted if a venue ain't sold well), and what? Her ticket prices are insane, that will put people off like it looked like it was doing on the MDNA tour, however by the time the tour started the shows were selling out.

The last 2 Lady Gaga tours had tickets discounted to as cheap as 20 dollars, tickets were given away for free when you purchased an iced lolly in some countries, she had to move stadium gigs to arenas in places like France because they didn't sell, she sold a quarter of tickets in Australia and South America and also in South America you could buy 1 and get THREE free, did you mock ( or even comment) then? No, does that mean she's over? No Maybe you mocked Midler for not selling her nights and having to discount? How about Erasure? Will you mock Janet's when I'm sure the same will happen? And so on and so on. Her tour appears to be selling fine, dates are still getting added and that's a good sign. I think it's over 80 percent sold out in America according to some sites and it's don't start for a few months yet, the dates which have seats left I'm sure of course they will discount, why wouldn't they (though I'm gonna guess the discount seats are the over priced back of the arena seats since everything else seems to be sold out)

As for you dig at her placing on the top 100, what makes it impressive is that it's rare that female pop artists her age achieve that, Annie Lennox is one of the only ones I remember from recent times. Also the song has not been sent to radios in the US meaning that position has come from ZERO radio spins and just from streams and purchase.

Give it a break now, you are getting painful to read, anything she does you are on it like a fly to s**t, save your energy for something positive and productive.

Anyway
Don't think it was mentioned Inbeteeen all the bitching from Namo and the sheep army but she has finally announced Australia after 23 years of not visiting. It looks like she will also add Asia and South America

Updated On: 6/26/15 at 06:36 AM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#818Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/27/15 at 3:58pm

But I thought Madonna's last tour was one of the highest grossing tours of all time. Maybe that was just because it was so expensive and had nothing to do with actual attendance?

In Tel Aviv, 33,000 tickets for the first show at Ramat Gan Stadium were selling fast in the months previous to the premiere. Madonna's first ever show in Abu Dhabi had fans lined up in front of the Virgin Megastore for tickets of 24 hours before they went on general sale. All initial 22,000 tickets sold out in record-breaking one hour, prompting the promoter to add the second date there, which in turn sold out within a week. In Turkey, 47,000 tickets for the show in Istanbul sold out in four days. In the United States, 60,000 tickets for a show in Yankee Stadium sold out in 20 minutes, prompting Live Nation to add a second date. Tickets for the show at Sprint Center in Kansas City sold out in 12 minutes, while the show in Houston sold out in less than an hour. In Canada, the concert at the Bell Centre sold 16,000 tickets in 20 minutes, along with the show at the Plains of Abraham, selling 65,000 tickets in one hour. In Ottawa, 15,000 tickets for the show in Scotiabank Place sold out in 21 minutes, becoming the fastest-selling concert in the arena's 16-year history, beating out previous record holder AC/DC in 2009. All available tickets for Madonna's first date in Amsterdam sold out in 30 minutes, prompting Live Nation once again to add a second date. Madonna also sold more than 100,000 tickets in two days for three shows in Brazil.

The tour grossed $305.2 million from 88 sold-out shows, becoming the 11th highest-grossing tour of all time and surpassing Celine Dion's "Taking Chances Tour" as the second highest-grossing tour among female artists, behind Madonna's own "Sticky & Sweet Tour" (which is #5 of all time), thereby giving Madonna the top two highest-grossing female tours of all time. Madonna is also the only female artist in the top 10 of the highest-grossing concert tours, and the only female with two tours in the top 20. The only other women in the top 20 are Celine Dion at #13 and Cher's "Living Proof: The Farewell Tour" at #18.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

FindingNamo
#819Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/27/15 at 4:03pm

So happy the set list leaked.  Now there's a ready-made excuse for the all those unsold, deeply discounted seats.

songanddanceman2
#820Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/29/15 at 7:03am

Nano I actually think you are a little crazy, let it go, you did this exact same thing for the MDNA tour (wouldn't sell in America, critics would not like it) and you were left with egg on your face (again). And well done again for ignoring my whole message and instead resorting to the above message again. Odd

FindingNamo
#821Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/29/15 at 7:36am

Plenty of people thought that tour was awful.

And as I realized, the seats may somehow end up filled but the fact that there are so many tickets available at discount prices from the venues proves that they are simply not selling.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#822Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/29/15 at 9:24am

Wait.  "Love Don't Live Here Anymore"?  She can't possibly handle that vocal now, can she?  I suppose it could be used in an interlude.  

FindingNamo
#823Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/29/15 at 3:48pm

The same way she always handles the singing.  With powerful back-up singers.  Let's laugh at the professional reference.

songanddanceman2
#824Madonna bitch im madonna
Posted: 6/29/15 at 7:30pm

Namo who are these plenty of people? Did you do a survey? Your comments during the MDNA tour were that the critics would not like th show in the US, yet it got rave reviews, you said the tour would flop yet it was a huge success. Give it a rest you crazy loon.

HorseTears vocally she sounds great at the moment, all of her performances of Ghosttown and Devil Pray etc sounded superb. However I don't think all the songs she is instagraming means she will be performing them. It's way too early for set lists.

Videos