Posted: 9/3/15 at 9:42am

That's a great idea Roscoe.

Can he do that?

....but the world goes 'round

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#76Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 10:03am

I really hope CNN brings this up as a topic at the upcoming GOP debate.  Huckabee, Paul, and Jindal have already backed her up, while Fiorina is the only one that I know of who has made any sensible comments.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#77Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 10:14am

I'm honestly surprised that those candidates weighed in on this.

Beyond catch phrases and slogans they're advocating breaking the law.

I hope they get pressed on it too.

LarryD2
#78Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 10:18am

Huckabee, Paul, and Jindal have already backed her up, while Fiorina is the only one that I know of who has made any sensible comments.

Rubio also voiced his support for Davis this morning.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#79Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 10:23am

Are they actually supporting her, or just saying that they "empathize" with her moral dilemma.

(I haven't read any of what they've been saying)

Huckabee I'm sure is supporting her, he came out and said the Supreme Court was broken. But he's a nut and really isn't in the running.

The others however should be called out on why they support defying the law.

I'm really surprised Rubio is taking this issue on.

Updated On: 9/3/15 at 10:23 AM

LarryD2
#80Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 10:26am

Rubio's statement, per the Times:

“We should seek a balance between government’s responsibility to abide by the laws of our republic and allowing people to stand by their religious convictions. While the clerk’s office has a governmental duty to carry out the law, there should be a way to protect the religious freedom and conscience rights of individuals working in the office.”

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#81Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 10:32am

Oh that just sounds like classic politician "say nothing" speak.

He seems to be talking about a way to enact some sort of provision for future cases. At least he didn't actually advocate her continually breaking the law.

Updated On: 9/3/15 at 10:32 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#82Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 10:33am

If your office involves carrying out the laws of the nation, and you actively do not wish to carry out some or any of those laws- and you prevent others from carrying it out, you should not hold that office. End of story.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

LarryD2
#83Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 10:49am

^ And that is exactly what Rubio's statement says: that people Davis should be allowed to keep their jobs, while breaking the law they don't want to follow.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#84Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 10:52am

The sad thing is, if she loses her job, she'll just a get an easy million from a gofundme site started up and supported by the other wackadoodles.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#85Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 11:01am

Oh, she'll be a millionaire by this time next year. I don't think that's even a question b

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#86Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 11:02am

But she'll still do her clothes shopping and get her hair done at Wal-Mart, probably.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 9/3/15 at 11:02 AM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#87Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 11:06am

Oh Kad, hahahahahahah!Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Jordan Catalano
#88Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 11:06am

Of course she will. Because Jesus. 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#89Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 11:09am

Kad said: "But she'll still do her clothes shopping and get her hair done at Wal-Mart, probably.

She gets her hair done?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#90Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 11:09am

And she probably never thought about a prenup before she married hubbie #4.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#91Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 11:11am

According to the Ashland court's website, Davis' contempt hearing began at 11:00am(ET).

I wonder how long these usually last.

Not that I'm really expecting any satisfying outcome, besides a fine (if that).

It all comes down to whether her attorney's can prove she's "incapable" of performing her duties or if she's "unwilling."

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Roscoe
#92Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 11:13am

tazber said: "That's a great idea Roscoe.  Can he do that?

"

I don't know -- I don't see why not.  I saw it mentioned as a possibility in some article about what the judge might do.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#93Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 1:05pm

Live feed outside the courthouse: http://www.advocate.com/marriage-equality/2015/09/03/kim-davis-and-judge-deciding-her-fate-face-nepotism-allegations

Something must have happened. Lots of "LOVE WINS" chanting and the bible-thumpers trying to drown them out chanting "JESUS!"

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#94Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 1:05pm

She's in Federal custody!

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#95Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 1:10pm

Breaking: Judge found Kim Davis in contempt, remanded her into custody of a federal marshal. The judge says she can be released as soon as she is willing to comply.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2015/09/02/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-contempt-gay-marriage/71573666/

Updated On: 9/3/15 at 01:10 PM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#96Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 1:13pm

omg!

I had an inkling the only way to resolve this is for her to physically not be able to work in which case the next official in line would be issuing the licenses.

But I honestly didn't expect her to be put in custody.

I'm guessing she was as belligerent in court as she was at her office so the judge really had no choice but to forcefully remove her the only way possible.

Jordan Catalano
#97Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 1:13pm

She's now officially a martyr. She will make MILLIONS off of this. 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#98Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 1:14pm

But who cares?

They have dozens of martyrs.

The only thing that really matters here is that she can no longer block gay marriages.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#99Kim Davis, whatcha gonna do do?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 1:18pm

What does this mean about her staff, though? I believe they were all called into that hearing.

Will they comply now that she's been jailed?

Videos