pixeltracker

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four- Page 50

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four

Chrysanthemum62001
#1225The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/12/08 at 11:11pm

I pretty much remember it being perfect both times I saw him in Taboo! Aah, good times. Man, it seems like centuries ago.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1226The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/13/08 at 12:20am

LOL! According to a post on AllThatChat, unintentional hilarity ensued at the Barrymore today:

"There was hilarious (and completely in-character) ad-libbing during the first scene of Speed the Plow this afternoon, when a doorknob fell off late in "Act I" --

Esparza: They don't make studios like they used to.
Esparza throwing the other half of the doorknob through the doorway.
Piven: Thanks for fixing my office.
Esparza: F.U.

The actors were having a hard time concealing their own laughter, and the audience loved it."

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

wonkit
#1227The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/13/08 at 11:27am

OMG - how funny!

Chrysanthemum62001
#1228The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/13/08 at 6:13pm

Raul improvising makes my heart flutter.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1229The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/13/08 at 6:39pm

Heh, funny. Now if Piven can just remember his lines...The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1230The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/14/08 at 8:20pm

Got my audiobook from Amazon today. But just my luck, one of the discs is damaged, and one of the tracks won't play at all. Called Amazon and they're sending a replacement. At least it wasn't the first disc - it'll take me until the replacement gets here to listen to it up to the point of the damaged disc. And I have to say, they were very pleasant and efficient about handling the return. Yay Amazon!

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#1231The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/14/08 at 8:51pm

Aww, I miss his ad-libbing. He hasn't gotten much of a chance to do that since Chitty (the good old days of boysenberry jam The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four).

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1232The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/14/08 at 8:53pm

Calling those "the good old days" might actually make me feel as old as does seeing photos of the Chitty kids all grown up. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

A work of art is an invitation to love.

orangeskittles
#1233The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/14/08 at 8:59pm

Heh yeah. Yet Henry Hodges is still forever young. That kid is weird.

I love when his adlibbing got so rampant that he turned them into inside jokes with posters. No matter how shallow it was in comparison to Sondheim, Pinter and Mamet, that show was fun. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

luvtheEmcee
#1234The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/14/08 at 9:03pm

I miss the car coat.

orangeskittles
#1235The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/14/08 at 9:12pm

I miss the plaid 3-piece suit. Especially the pants.

Chrysanthemum62001
#1236The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/14/08 at 10:36pm

I miss the crazy sideburns! And the sign language!

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#1237The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/15/08 at 2:33pm

Raul doing audiobooks makes me extraordinarily happy. Especially him doing the various voices. His speaking voice is very soothing.

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...
Updated On: 10/15/08 at 02:33 PM

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1238The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/16/08 at 12:36pm

Felciano, Pino, Stritch, Esparza and Benanti to Perform at Tisch Gala; Baldwin Honored
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/122398.html

I started the audiobook last night even though I really thought I wouldn't get around to it for another week. However, once I started it was really hard to stop. I wonder if there are entire groups of audiobook buyers who couldn't care less about the book contents but always buy books read by a particularly person? There must be...

wonkit
#1239The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/16/08 at 2:35pm

Hest - for years I only bought Len Cariou as reader! Then he started to do a lot of mystery/thrillers and I don't care for them much so I stopped listening. With Raul, Simon & Schuster will start a new audio-book boom!

luvtheEmcee
#1240The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:15pm

Awwww, Mano and Raul. Speaking of good old days, ha.

luvtheEmcee
wonkit
#1242The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:17am

Thanks, emcee. I didn't see this. I am told that Mamet likes this production, and even said it seems like a more important play than even he thought. What a compliment.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1243The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/17/08 at 11:18am

Awww, nice photo-op! Someone in the publicity department there is doing a great job. I especially like the one of the cast with Mamet.

The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Raúl is looking good!

Updated On: 10/17/08 at 11:18 AM

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1244The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/17/08 at 11:43am

Awwww, cute pictures. Although Raul, in that first picture, looks like he's nursing a swollen cheek. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

wonkit
#1245The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/17/08 at 11:55am

Winner of the John McCain look-alike contest?

I think the double-breasted suit that Raul wears in the third scene ought to put him on the cover of Vogue.

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#1246The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/17/08 at 1:30pm

Those are great pictures!

I can't wait to see this play, it might take a while to save up for it, but I'm going. Love Mamet's work, love Raul, it's a win-win situation.

And he did an audiobook?! How'd I miss that?

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1247The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/17/08 at 1:41pm

He's actually done two audiobooks, although the second one won't be released until December.

As for how you missed it, I think we all would have if someone hadn't inadvertently stumbled across it on Amazon.com. I think even Raúl's people are unaware of it, because it hasn't be publicized anywhere. Somebody really needs to be more on top of this stuff.

Here's a link to the second audiobook at Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Book-Unholy-Mischief-Novel/dp/074357804X/ref=ed_oe_a

luvtheEmcee
#1248The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/17/08 at 4:44pm

I didn't catch it on Broadway.com either (admittedly I don't really go over there too often, especially post-new layout), but I saw it on the Speed-the-Plow website. I also got an e-mail newsletter about STP today, too. The PR seems to be in really good hands, but given the team, it's no surprise. Jeffrey Richards' office does much of their PR in-house, which obviously doesn't work for all producers, but I think the results show.

orangeskittles
#1249The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/17/08 at 6:07pm

Ew, since when did Broadway.com disable the ability to right click in Firefox? Boooo. If they were going to fix anything, it should be getting a new caption writer!

Updated On: 10/17/08 at 06:07 PM

Videos