pixeltracker

American Horror Story: Hotel- Page 6

American Horror Story: Hotel

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#125American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 9:57am

I've always wondered if making herself look awful is part of her thing.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#126American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 10:13am

That Vanity Fair piece is on point.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#127American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 10:18am

JerseyGirl2 said: "I can't buy Paulson in this role. At. All."

I can't either. She has such a beautiful complexion for a junkie. In fact I can't buy anyone in this show. It's all so...costumey. And maybe I'm wrong, but Max Greenfield seems a little well fed compared to the junkies I've known.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Updated On: 10/9/15 at 10:18 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#128American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 10:27am

Apropos of nothing, Max Greenfield reads so gay to me even when he's not playing gay.

Brian07663NJ
#129American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 10:33am

Phyllis Rogers Stone said: "I've always wondered if making herself look awful is part of her thing."

I think so too! Part of the freak factor - everyone looks at the train wreck or car accident. I do not think the bleach (hair/eye brows) does her any justice at all! There are moments when she can be attractive and then there are those other (unfortunately more frequent) moments when she is just completely unattractive!

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#130American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 1:09pm

The setting is great and the possibilities seem endless but like any successful program it needs a good script. The first episode was not frightening in any way rather a bunch of mumbo jumbo. The actor playing the detective is also weak and his wife is wasted. Bates should have played the detective as a Lesbian with many secrets.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#131American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 1:35pm

http://www.fxnetworks.com/video/540646979926

the 36 sec mark of this vid shows that the Max Greenfield character is not dead. Or at least not gone for the season.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#132American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 4:18pm

Remember that in AMERICAN HORROR STORY the rule is you are not dead dead until the writers decide they have nothing else to use you for OR an actor's period of availability/willingness to commit expires. So I trust we have not seen the last of Max Greenfield but maybe we have! Or maybe we haven't! The rule of characters dying in the show is that there are no rules, "expect the unexpected"!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#133American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 4:25pm

Max was in the scenes for next week.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#134American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 5:10pm

SmoothLover said: " The setting is great and the possibilities seem endless but like any successful program it needs a good script. The first episode was not frightening in any way rather a bunch of mumbo jumbo. The actor playing the detective is also weak and his wife is wasted. Bates should have played the detective as a Lesbian with many secrets.

"Bates seems to be playing her character from last year, except without a beard...  Being stuck having to clean up the messes all out of some weird devotion for a troubled son. 

I think Wes Bentley has talent--but his strength is playing emotionally wounded guys--I guess his character is meant to be, but they direct him to be a cliched film noir cop (seriously, it's hard to know that this year is meant to be set in 2015.)

I think one big issue with the series is...  as wacky and sometimes nonsensical as season one was, it sorta seemed to exist in the real world--at least initially (and when outside of the house.)  Asylum too did in a way since it made some sort of sense why people were trapped in the crazy asylum, and the outside world seemed relatively relatable.  Since Coven that has become less and less true--and this year really shows that.  Murphy/Falchuk are too obsessed with "crazy" concepts from the get go.  It makes no sense why the Swedish girls didn't try to leave the hotel (yeah, they half heartedly tried to give some explanation, but...)  I think the creators feel they explained why Bentley's character decided to check into this hotel (the killer harassing him mentioned it, he thinks he saw his son,) but it was very poorly handled and made no sense...  It makes little sense that he would leave his family anyway (they obviously were being threatened as much as he was,) but if we buy into that, unless the killer had said something like "Unless you stay at this stupid hotel nobody stays at, I will kill your family," the execution to why he went there was so half hearted that it just makes the character look lame.  But this is par for course with recent seasons...

Apparently in one interview Murphy did mention the orgy on Sense8--if this Gaga orgy was meant to compete with that it failed (does basic cable allow rape scenes to be more explicit than orgy scenes?)

"So I trust we have not seen the last of Max Greenfield but maybe we have! Or maybe we haven't! The rule of characters dying in the show is that there are no rules, "expect the unexpected"!"

Maybe it's just nostalgia (ha,) but pre Coven they at least seemed to give some sort of explanation as to why a character came back.  After that, all rules went out the door (as one critic wrote, it's hard to care when there are zero stakes--it's like what happened to daytime soaps in the 90s when the "Back from the dead" shock became not something a soap would use every five years, but that seemed to constantly happen.)

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#135American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 7:30pm

(does basic cable allow rape scenes to be more explicit than orgy scenes?)

I wondered that, too, after watching this episode.  

EricMontreal22
#136American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 8:22pm

Phyllis Rogers Stone said: "(does basic cable allow rape scenes to be more explicit than orgy scenes?)

I wondered that, too, after watching this episode.  

"

It seemed...  odd.  And rather tame (even with the posing of a few of the actors, there was little same sex action between the women or the men and Gaga, probably for reasons of celebrity, left her g-string on the entire time.)

EricMontreal22
#137American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 9:04pm

I've had a crush on Bomer and Whitrock since their soap work, and Wes Bentley since American Beauty but is there a reason for this?

American Horror Story: Hotel

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#138American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 10:01pm

Murphy said recently he casts men that fit his "sexual prototype."

EricMontreal22
#139American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 10:17pm

Ah, that's where that comment came from.  And to be completely superficial, all I say to that, is thank god for evolution if those men came from his sexual prototype....

FindingNamo
#140American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 10:59pm

They are all his sexual prototype.  That's how smart RyRy is.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#141American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/9/15 at 11:20pm

I like the ones on the sides. The three in the middle don't do much for me.  And I find Dandy and Max Greenfield kind of indistinguishable. 

SmoothLover
#142American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/10/15 at 12:06am

I am assuming that Max will come back as Ghost or a Vampire since the hotel is full of them.

Chloe is I am spelling her name right is wasting her talent as well.

The show is not frightening because the script and characters are so weak. The actors look blank faced like they don't know what they are doing or how they fit into the story.

I thought the show would take on more of an old Hollywood glamor with tones of Hitchcock.

I had the same feeling about Bates, that her role is similar to last years character. I wish she was playing a Miss Marple type.

EricMontreal22
#143American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/10/15 at 12:33am

FindingNamo said: "They are all his sexual prototype.  That's how smart RyRy is.

"

That truly makes me worried about what will emerge as his final... type?  I hope they're getting paid enough for this...

I am not a big Sarah Paulson fan, but at this point she seems to be the only actor who is in on the joke (if there is a joke,) along with Bates...

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#144American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/10/15 at 1:18am

Chloe is I am spelling her name right is wasting her talent as well.

Well, let today be the day I'm actually the one to defend this nonesense, but it's only the first episode.  It's not like that is going to be her only appearance.  There are people in the main credited cast who weren't even inthe first episode.  

SmoothLover
#145American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/10/15 at 2:12pm

True it was the first episode, but given the fact so little is transpiring between actors, I do not have high hopes. It feels like actors who are stuck in something that they do not believe in.

The one thing about Lange, and I know a lot of you do not care for her, was that she had a sense of humor about her. So I was always chuckling over her acting choices.

Updated On: 10/10/15 at 02:12 PM

EricMontreal22
#146American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/10/15 at 4:59pm

Did people on here not like Lange?  I thought she always made her, sometimes awful material, great to watch.  Even when given the worst writing, she seemed to be in on the joke (as much as one can be when the writers think they are crafting brilliance.)

FindingNamo
#147American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/10/15 at 5:08pm

I think I'm the only one who has been saying that after Freak Show I'm feeling relieved NOT to see Jessica doing the Jessica thing that she did through four seasons.  By necessity that means they can't just count on her to take up time and space doing what she did in all the previous seasons.  I guess it's a probably futile optimistic hope that they will, you know, write something for somebody else to do.  But this is not to say I didn't love that of all the Jessica Lange's in the world, she's the Jessica Langest.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#148American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/10/15 at 5:22pm

I really loved Lange in Asylum, but I felt like she phoned it in during Coven and Freak Show especially. She played the same role 4 times with different accents. Entertaining to be sure, but tiresome after a while. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#149American Horror Story: Hotel
Posted: 10/10/15 at 5:25pm

Every season of this show is the same season with different accents.

Videos