pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5- Page 3

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5

Roscoe
#50RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 11:45am

The general ignorance of Little Edie was surprising, but I've had my doubts about how well-known she really is, anyway. I always suspected it was all a publicity ploy for the musical, passing GREY GARDENS the movie off as some kind of rite of passage for gay men. Way too many of the gay men I came of age with and have worked with over the years had never heard of it. The movie wasn't even widely available on video until comparatively recently, and before it was released on DVD I owned the only VHS copy of the film that I'd ever seen. I'd have thought the HBO film (and the musical) would have changed some of that, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 2/26/13 at 11:45 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#51RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 11:47am

I think it's completely valid to wonder how drag queens could have no idea who Little Edie is, especially now. 10 years ago it would be totally understandable but it makes absolutely no sense today.

Roscoe
#52RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 11:48am

"(Alyssa) looks like the Incredible Mr. Limpet."

Quote of the day.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#53RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 12:56pm

Haha! Nail on the head.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#54RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 1:20pm

Mr. Limpet, ftw.

Actually, after everything Willam had to say about the show, I wonder if more contestants didn't know who Little Edie was, but followed a script to cause more drama.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#55RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 1:50pm

And can I admit something that some might find controversial?

Michelle Visage is a hydra of bad taste, nastiness and bravura stupidity.

Who knew I'd ever get to a point in my life where I'd say the words 'I miss Merle Ginsberg'?

JerseyGirl2
#56RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 2:27pm

She certainly doesn't have the room to read anyone in the fashion arena. I find her funny, though.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

SonofRobbieJ
#57RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 2:33pm

I just think she tries too hard.

And her giving fashion critique to Jinx while looking like Audrey in the most broke-down production of Little Shop?

Bitch, please.

artscallion
#58RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 2:40pm

I think Michelle is a fashion nightmare. I agree that she's funny but I think her critiques are generally random and meaningless. Someone can be decked out to perfection and Michelle would find a bead that's too shiny, or your hair's too high or too low or that bracelet throws everything off. The queens just stand there slack jawed and stunned thinking, "I knocked it out of the park and all you can say is I should have worn 5" heels instead of 4"???

I also hate when she does the old, "Sure you look great TONIGHT!. But I'm worried you can't do glamor/camp/whatever" or , "Sure your body looks like an actual woman's but are you always going to show it off?" She blasted Carmen Carrera for that all the time. If I were Carmen, I would have come out in the most possible bedazzled burka you can imagine...and then stripped it off at the end.

SonofRobbieJ
#59RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 2:52pm

That glamour thing is bullSH*T.

There is no G in C U N T!

artscallion
#60RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 3:17pm

O. M. G!

It was only in trying to figure out what you were talking about that I realized what Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent really meant. Smacks forehead...

SonofRobbieJ
#61RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 3:18pm

Oh, gurl. We should have a talk.

(puts on the kettle)

JerseyGirl2
#62RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 3:25pm

Oh, Art. lol

Jordan Catalano
#63RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 5:10pm

Just curious - Is the term "fishy" offensive to women?

SonofRobbieJ
#64RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 5:15pm

Completely and totally. It's the one thing that I still can't embrace about the show.

twinbelters Profile Photo
twinbelters
#65RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 8:00pm

I've taken Michelle V's critiques to be speaking towards desiring more variety from a queen. I just wish she'd state that explicitly.

I was completely stunned by the Grey Gardens ignorance. It's referenced fairly commonly in a variety of media. My heterosexual roommate enjoyed and remarked about the young girl on The New Normal impersonating Edie. People just aren't as aware as they once were for an assortment of reasons.

With Irma you gotta do something!

artscallion
#66RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 8:07pm

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5

TheLadyoftheWood Profile Photo
TheLadyoftheWood
#67RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 10:55pm

I know this has been said before, but that was the most boring Snatch Game ever.

I also thought that Untucked was very predictable. The Coco and Alyssa thing is getting to be way to much. Just become best friends again already. (They post pictures of and with each other all the time now so it's obvious they made up).

I am surprised that no one has yet talked about how boring and bland Ivy was as Marylin Monroe. How on earth could she have been more boring? That Celia Cruz Lineysha gave was also another standout for worst performance. I felt as thought it should have been Ivy and Lineysha in the bottom two with a toss up for who would win.

What is so great about Alaska, which I am not seeing in the episodes, that makes her good enough to be a part of Ro-Laska-Tox? Her makeup skills are sad, her looks are often pedestrian and very cheap looking. She is just the hobo-version of Sharon.

Team RoXy for the win. (Watch it happen!)

Jordan Catalano
#68RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/26/13 at 11:11pm

Each week RoXy is looking more and more like some football player that put a dress on for Halloween.

And WHY OH WHY every season does the person who speaks no English decide to do a character on Snatch Game who they have no idea about. MICHELLE OBAMA??? SERIOUSLY???

TheLadyoftheWood Profile Photo
TheLadyoftheWood
#69RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/27/13 at 1:11am

@Jordan You may think that her body looks like a linebacker, but you can't deny that her face is painted for the Gods! Her face is always beat. Ain't none of them queens got the painting skills she has.

Jordan Catalano
#70RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/27/13 at 1:14am

Maybe. But it's still a painted linebacker.

JerseyGirl2
#71RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/27/13 at 2:07am

I am sticking with my Detox love, but her lip-sync is not my cup of tea... I am assuming it's Detox and RoXy that hook up this season. I haven't seen any sparks from anyone else.

Jordan Catalano
#72RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/27/13 at 8:28am

I'm still team Detox but the more that I watch, the more I'm team Coco.

Jordan Catalano
broadwayguy2
#74RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 2/27/13 at 10:42am

Every since the infamous "reading", I am team CoCo 100%.

The Mr. Limpet comparison is dead on and something I've said since the second episode... it's uncanny. Really, I am liking Alyssa less and less. Untucked this week was BEYOND.

There is no earthly reason why Alaska is there other than to milk the Sharon connection. I hate to sound unseemly, but she comes off as, as we say down south, rather "special". The makeup is always a mess, the clothes a disaster, the wit nonexistent.. There is no logical place in this context for that one.

Jinkx was sensational this week and finally had a chance to shine, which I appreciate.

Jade's Taylor Swift was just sad.. but overall, Jade is a bit trollish.. dare I say, Gollum in a dress? Ke$ha was just a generic choice to act like a mess and Katy Perry was.. what? Lynesha deserved to go home.. she knew NOTHING about either character she wanted to do and her Michelle knowledge was as though she'd only watched Fox News.

As much as I am enjoying Ivy overall (and as much as I think she is the only contestant to look appealing in and OUT of drag on camera), she should have been lipsyncing this week. Marilyn is SO iconic and basic and NOTHING about that was Marilyn in any fashion. It should have been Ivy v. Lynesha.

Michelle Visage adds NOTHING to the show. I truly loathe watching her and her critiques. She just tries so desperately to read people and seem witty and she always fails.. she just comes across as bitter and someone looking to find a gripe. As has been said, she is the last person who should critique fashion.. she often looks like the mother of the Jersey Shore cast

Videos