News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

"NYC Prep" on Bravo

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#50re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 6:34am

PC looks like he's about 32.

And I am LMAO at Scott's post!!

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#51re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 7:03am

In the UK, we have 'State' schools (which are the government funded, open to everyone kind of school), 'Public' schools (in England/Wales, a private tuition fee school), 'Private' schools (in Scotland a private tuition fee school)...and 'Grammar' schools (you don't pay, but you have to pass exams to get in). Some like to throw in 'Prep' schools to add more confusion...

What's the deal in the US? Are 'Public' schools the 'norm' and 'Prep' the private education? Or are there a few more levels thrown in?

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#52re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 7:56am

I actually liked PC alot better after last night's show than I did after the first show. Jessie is just too annoying for words. And Sebastian and the hair flipping. I think next week we should all play a drinking game and take a shot every time he flips his hair.

KFTC!!!!!

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#53re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 7:56am

Public schools are free (tax payer funded) and prep schools are just a kind of private (tuition-based) school. Most kids go to public in the US.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#54re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 9:21am

I agree with you StockardFan. I also like PC a lot better after last nights show. I actually find him to be the most likable out of all them.

Jesse is a nightmare. I am sure her social status is highly exaggerated for the benefit of the show. I bet you anything that she is at the bottom of the social food chain.

degrassifan
#55re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 9:45am

"I bet you anything that she is at the bottom of the social food chain."

Hahahaha!!! Wow.

Anyway, these people are not ugly. They just look plain. The standards could be higher since they are on tv.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#56re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 10:06am

I watched one of these episodes the other day...I think it was the first one.

They are all ODD looking, except PC, who is adorable....but a douche.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#57re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 10:59am

I can't believe that these kids have grown up in New York and none of them could tell that PC was so obviously not straight. And wtf was up with him asing for the wine list? Of course these kids drink, but don't make the restaurant liable on national TV.

These kids try to be so blase about "hooking up" (maybe I went to a slutty public high school, but hooking up meant more than just the quick kiss they showed), and yet Camille dissolves into giggles and can't even say the word "kiss" when asking Taylor about her date with Sebastian. "Did something happen in the facial area? *giggles*"

They're all like that- they try to pretend they're so mature, with the casual sex and the charity functions, but then they burst into tears and leave the party because the boy they like is with another girl. They're just as immature as the average high schooler, if not more so for being in such denial about it.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#58re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:03am

Hahaha, I loved that; he kissed her goodnight and she recounts that they "hooked up." They're all so wonderfully stupid, I can't stop watching.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#59re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:14am

Those kids may think they are all grown up but some of those boys have yet to realize that they are gay yet!!!!!!

Also......the term "hooking up". I thought that it generally implied sex. Am I right?
To hear a them talk about "hooking up" so much, I do hope that their meaning isn't what I think it is!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#60re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:19am

Okay, maybe I exaggerated. They're not the most unattractive people ever. But they're all... weird looking. That girl Jesse's head looks like a squash, for example. Updated On: 7/1/09 at 11:19 AM

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#61re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:22am

Apparently PC has a thing for fake blondes with ugly faces.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#62re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:25am

All of the girls are odd looking...they have gourd heads.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

luvtheEmcee
#63re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:31am

I thought that it generally implied sex.

Not necessarily, but it implies way more than a kiss goodnight!

taylorPHENOMENON2
#64re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:33am

Also......the term "hooking up". I thought that it generally implied sex. Am I right?

You would think so, but I remember it being used by kids my age to mean nothing more then "making out".

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#65re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:35am

Well I would hope so since one of the girls is only 15!

However...we have been told that Prep School kids are have lots of "casual sex"... Updated On: 7/1/09 at 11:35 AM

taylorPHENOMENON2
#66re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:37am

But as PC said, that scene is really into casual sex.

StockardFan
#67re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:39am

I would think "hooking up" would at least include making out and some groping. Not a little teeny kiss goodnight.

I agree that none of them are really ugly-ugly, but I think they are odd looking too. Jessie's eyes are really close together and small. Camille has one eye that does something weird. Sebastian is sort of normal looking except for the hair. Kelli sometimes looks cute, but other times looks weird. PC is kind of cute.

MTV - kids these days are "hooking up" in middle school!

KFTC!!!!!

luvtheEmcee
#68re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 11:42am

You would think so, but I remember it being used by kids my age to mean nothing more then "making out".

Me too, and at that age, I think that's a perfectly viable meaning, but, that is so not what they were doing!

PC is ridiculous; the way he talks about "private school kids," he makes it sound like he's talking about a completely different species.

Updated On: 7/1/09 at 11:42 AM

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#69re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 12:15pm

Camille has a wonky eye, and Jessie looks rode hard and put away wet, but the rest are cute. My brother has the same haircut (or rather, lack thereof) as Sebastian, so it doesn't really bother me.

PC won't bother me as much once he comes out, but what was with that therapy session? It looked like it was being held in the Russian Tea Room, and the therapist's comments were so ridiculous and leading. "Did you like growing up in New York City?" It sounded like a Bravo confessional interview.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#70re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 12:20pm

I'm not sure which is more entertaining - the show or this thread!

StockardFan
#71re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 12:21pm

The thread!

KFTC!!!!!

kate2
#72re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 1:13pm

those kids are a snore.

taylorPHENOMENON2
#73re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 2:01pm

I hate how easy Bravo makes it to watch the same episodes over, and over..

degrassifan
#74re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 3:55pm

Jessie looks like someone's mom, while Camille reminds me of Marcia Cross. I guess it's the forehead?

Honestly, I've never understood the term "hooking up." To me, just say you either made out or had sex. It's as simple as that.

Videos