pixeltracker

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.- Page 9

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#200MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 11:25pm

I will say AGAIN I think Miranda is importantand a wonderful invention. It prevents abuse by police.but if your a terrorist you shouldn't be protected by it. I don't understand whyh this is getting people here upset. The justice dept and president seem to agree with me by calling this terrorism and suspending Miranda.

Pj I respect you to much to get into it with you but animal is kind for 2 monster s who kill innocents and throw bombs at police.

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#201MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 11:27pm

I must admit to a certain curiosity as to what venue they will have to pursue to actually have a trial. I mean talk about a tainted jury pool! I suppose they could opt for judge only but otherwise the answer to the pre trial question about impartial and unbiased, well might be a lil bit ....lied about.

Oh and Namo it's definitely the Russian thing- peasants only respect master's who rule w iron fists-anyone else they know they can connive and why should they follow the rule of someone they can out bully or trick?

FindingNamo
#202MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 11:36pm

Like the house elves before Hermoine started organizing them for liberation. Somebody give Sue a sock. (Get it?)

Sue, there should be no exceptions to the Miranda. Unless you're really comfortable with people being disappeared for 48 hours and tortured into confessions. I realize be it ever so humble, there's no place like home for you but remember: you like it here because it the US is better than that.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 4/20/13 at 11:36 PM

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#203MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 11:46pm

I love love love this country. Please do not question my patriotism. The great thing with it is you're allowed to ask questions.

And again. You keep ignoring the justice dept said its ok not to miranderize. And the president said it is terrorism. Terrorists are enemy soldiers. And as 9 11 proved these soldiers don't have to be official soldiers fighting for a country. This isn't the cold war where you're fighting countries. Now its also organizations that cross borders

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

FindingNamo
#204MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 11:55pm

I believe the Patriot Act was an overreach since the day the Bush administration pushed it through. It's still an over reach. I'm amazed by how glibly you stated this kid should be thrown into Gitmo without trial, you know, given your life history. I also believe that you have implied that if people don't refer to this kid as an animal and if we don't believe in the suspension of constitutional rights, even for "just" two days, we must not be as angry as you and must want the kid let go on a technicality. I believe you have linked the level of outrage as reflective of all of our patriotism.

Again, if you love what this country soooooo much, why don't you love what it supposedly stands for?

Updated On: 4/20/13 at 11:55 PM

Yawper
#205MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:08am

"I just can't figure out why they would (a) confess to him and (b) let him go. They'd already killed the MIT cop in cold blood, not to mention the cold blood it took to blow up the marathon.

Why'd they let him go?"

Bragging for publicity

"trying to run down the police who just cuffed his brother, the police jumping out of the way--like in a movie!--and the car running over the brother's body."

Where/when did cops ever claim they cuffed his brother? The CNN video floating around has been described as 'a person of interest who was later released'. The guy in the video is too big to be Tamerlan.

"And who are these two buddies the cops just arrested?"

According to sources they were arrested on immigration charges, which the Daily News didn't report.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#206MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:08am

I never said or implied anyone should call them animals. That's what I think they are and lots of others feel that way too..but that's actually an insult to animals. I don't think they kill other innocent animals for no reason

So Mr Namo Since the president Is using the patriot act and as you know has refused to end it does that mean he doesn't love what the country stands for? Of course not. Me neither.

Ok my ride back to Brooklyn is about over and I've gotten in enough trouble for playing with my Fing phone! Have a nice night. Goodnight.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#207MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:14am

Sue, I instruct you to read up on an important American patriot named John Adams who shocked his fellow Bostonians when he stood up and defended enemy combatants: namely ruthless British Redcoats who had cold-bloodedly slaughtered American citizens right there in Boston Common during a key moment in American history called the Boston Massacre.

Adams defended the Redcoats at great risk to his law practice and family. But he established a integral principle that Americans must defend to the death: The right of every American to a fair trial.

You may think Dzhoghan Tsaraev an enemy because he has a bane that sounds like yours. Therefore she should be subjected to Russian justice (an oxymoron, no doubt) or Ukrainian justice (which, I'm sure is worse), but Dzhoghan is a naturalized American citizen, and is entitled to the best we have to offer.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#208MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:15am

Go the fcuk away and stay there Sue, realize you are despised and freaking grow some self esteem!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

FindingNamo
#209MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:20am

Again, this will be difficult for you to grasp since you're such a party loyalist, but I am seriously critical of Obama for invoking the Patriot Act (I mean you do get how loaded that choice of name is, right?), for suspending habeas corpus for the detainees at Gitmo, particularly those who have been cleared and are languishing there on hunger strikes, unreleased, and don't even get me started on the drones that maim Syrian children.

The capture of the fugitive last night was a victory against terrorism. The lack Miranda rights being read is a triumph for terrorism. This should resonate with you since you love nothing more than sniffing out contradictions and all-capping HYPOCRITE.

I hate to break it to you Sue, but there are plenty of animals that kill "for no reason" and yes, all humans are animals.

FindingNamo
#210MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:54am

""I just can't figure out why they would (a) confess to him and (b) let him go."

As I understood the narrative, that wasn't confessing or bragging, that was the threat used to commandeer the car. "We're the marathon bombers, we just killed a cop, what makes you think we won't kill you?" Also, the story I heard was that they had the guy for half an hour and made him withdraw $800 from an ATM for them. He escaped when they were gassing up the car. That's how the high speed chase ensued, when the guy called the cops and told him they were in his car.

The story I heard about the convenience store robbery was that they did not rob the convenience store but that it had been robbed by somebody else. When the cops looked at the security cam, the younger brother was among the people who had gone in the store that afternoon, before their photos were released. I have not heard that corroborated by anybody but the person who explained it to me this afternoon when I asked the same question.

Yawper
#211MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 1:28am

It was bragging. The claim on its own wouldn't have gotten them the vehicle while their being armed would - there was no need to tell the driver who they were - except the older brother was a competitor and they weren't about to let their 'wins' go without notice.

There is a conspiracy thing going around - I thought that's what you were referring to PJ - showing someone naked, cuffed, seemingly uninjured, and put into a police car. Some are claiming that was Tamerlan.

The police version says Tamerlan approached police on foot but ran out of ammo when he was within 10 feet of the police line, at which point they tackled him. So it sounds like he had a death wish anyway. His brother apparently didn't, or changed his mind at the last minute.

Updated On: 4/21/13 at 01:28 AM

FindingNamo
#212MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 2:47am

The guy face down on the ground and later stripped naked wasn't one of the two bombers. It was a Watertown citizen who decided the yellow crime scene tape did not apply to him and that he was free to move about the locked down area. The cops held him at gun point and had him strip to make sure there was no explosive vest on him. At that point they had no idea if he was an unidentified accomplice.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#213MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 7:01am

Was the stripped-down-naked, boundary-ignoring Watertown resident hot? Or is that question inappropriate?

And I still think "Accidental Fratricide" is a whopper of a concept.

Updated On: 4/21/13 at 07:01 AM

Yawper
#214MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 7:17am

Not only was he run over but the SUV even dragged him down the street.

The other possibility is that if he indeed was wearing explosives then it might have been an attempt to set them off.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#215MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 7:47am

Another fascinating article in the New Yorker, this one by a writer claiming the people of Boston were too quick to accede to the authorities' demands they stay inside, a POV that makes the commenters furious.

It's one case where the comments are more interesting to read than the article.

TNew Yorker: TERRORIST HUNT SENDS AMERICA OVER THE EDGE

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#216MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 8:38am

"Adams defended the Redcoats at great risk to his law practice and family. But he established a integral principle that Americans must defend to the death: The right of every American to a fair trial."

And ironically, it was Adams who signed some of the most embarrassing and un-American legislation of all time, the Alien and Sedition Acts.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#217MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 10:27am

Sorry double post.

Updated On: 4/21/13 at 10:27 AM

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#218MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 10:27am

Namo even though I admire obamas view on them, I give you props for being consistant and bashing obama on his patriot acrt, gitmo, drones etch. I guess according to you though we don't admire what the country stands for due to these views. That's silly

Ok pj . You get on me for calling these guys animals and have the nerve to say make that BANE statement about me cuzz we disagree . Dont you see how ridiculous that sounds. You should rethink that.

Hey would you guys complain about Lincoln suspending HC and allowing torture if you were around then?

Updated On: 4/21/13 at 10:27 AM

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#219MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 10:47am

Pal Joey, I have numerous friends who find just how easily and completely the police could shut down totally frightening.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#221MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 11:51am

have the nerve to say make that BANE statement about me cuzz we disagree

What does that even mean? "Bane"?

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#222MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 11:54am

Dropping these movie references (I assume Bane means The Dark Knight Rises villain) as a defense can only mean 24 and Red Dawn are to follow.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#223MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/21/13 at 12:00pm

You tell me pj
This is from your post...

You may think Dzhoghan Tsaraev an enemy because he has a bane that sounds like yours. Therefore she should be subjected to Russian justice (an oxymoron, no doubt) or Ukrainian justice (which, I'm sure is worse), but Dzhoghan is a naturalized American citizen, and is entitled to the best we have to offer.*"yr pal,
joey"*

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey

Videos