pixeltracker

Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder- Page 11

Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder

YessicaB
#250re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 10:13am

But what you all fail to understand is that our arguments, though they seem reasonable, they are NOT. We just don't understand, because of those lovely glasses we are all wearing and on top of that we're all either sick or sorry, so how could he take anything we say seriously?

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#251re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 10:18am

I don't know why I'm even bothering, but here goes..

Perhaps there is a bit less of the male/male relationships shown in the advertising, but art, my problem is that, you seem totally unwilling to accept the possible reasoning for it. While America has become more accepting of homosexuality in recent times, obviously theres still walls that need to be broken down. If this movie can get just one person into the theater and make them see that love between two men means as much as love between anyone else, isn't that a good thing? Aren't you even just a little bit happy that there are high profile movies coming out about gays and lesbians?

I'm in no way saying that not showing the male/male relationship as much in the ads is fair, but this is the world we live in right now. I'm not saying we shouldn't fight against it, but I think attacking the makers of this movie is the wrong way to go about it. The fact that the movie was even made at all is a great thing. Perhaps in the coming months there will be more of a movies about gays that show them more in the ads. It just takes time for things to change. I think what you're trying to do is just shove stuff in peoples faces and be like "ACCEPT THIS NOW!" and while its true that homosexuality and gay love shouldnt be a big deal, it is to some people. If we want to be more accepted in society on grand scale, we have to find ways to show people that we are just like anybody else without being obnoxious about it.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#252re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 10:47am

I notice how you NEVER answer any of the questions put forth to you. You say it has been put through this ridiculous "Gay shredder" but how does this differ from the stage version? I have never seen an Angel/Collins make out poster for the stage show. You are spouting BS with your fingers in your ears.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#253re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 11:17am

I don't think he'll be happy unless Colin has his tounge down Angels throat. Or maybe they should just mount each other, show a money shot and be done with it.

Get real Art2. You've proven nothing here except that you are living in your own little world. Feel free to visit planet Earth once in a while.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#254re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 11:19am

I am just calling Shenanigans on Art2.

He does not want the film to depict or even cloely resemble the musical. He wants the film to be something else -

It is not.

He will not be happy.

He can go see something else with his ten dollars.

bta212 Profile Photo
bta212
#255re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 11:59am

I call Super Shanangigans on Art2!

"They have never understood, and no reason that they should. But if anybody could . . . " --SS

JerseyGirl2
#256re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 12:47pm

Hell, it's Saturday! *starts pouring the tequila*

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

bta212 Profile Photo
bta212
#257re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 1:09pm

*eating the worm*

Here's to the shredder!

*tosses back three tequila shots and one beer chaser*

whooo!

"They have never understood, and no reason that they should. But if anybody could . . . " --SS

jimmycurry01
#258re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 4:13pm

Art2, Stop with the broken record and respond to the questions I asked you. Try defending your arguement rather than arguing in circles. Your film poster argument is not going unchallenged, it has now been challenged several time. RESPOND to the challenge made or go away!

YouWantitWhen????
#259re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 4:18pm

A little too early for Tequila shots for me.

But, I've downed a diet coke and toasted the shredder as well!

JerseyGirl2
#260re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 4:37pm

Coke Zero here. I don't drink, but wanted everyone else loose and comfy. I know for many on here tequila isn't required for looseness. :/ I do have Trader Joe's GuacaSalsa and chips.

YouWantitWhen????
#261re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 4:59pm

Ohhh - I have some TJ Guac and Chips set aside for football for later today.

Love my TJs!

JerseyGirl2
#262re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 5:14pm

TJs is one of my favorite discoveries since getting here.

YouWantitWhen????
#263re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 5:37pm

I actually grew up going to TJs. When I went to college, there were none in NoCal - I kept telling folks what they were missing, and they did not believe me, until TJs expanded into NoCal and then I had plenty of converts.

I prefer it to both Wild Oats and Whole Foods.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#264re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 8:15pm

Ah, so arty is expanding his territory, huh? Clearly the forums of every recent movie that features homosexual characters on IMDb have grown too small. This is one busy troll.

Observe his post history on IMDb:

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur4491747/boards/

He posts topics about movies he hasn't seen yet, dances around questions, and basically does this over and over for days on end. This guy should win an award for most effective internet trolling.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#265re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 8:45pm

art2 has been here before. He just took a hiatus.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#266re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 8:48pm

art2's only posts have been about the Rent movie, as far as I can tell.

Me? I got me some Amaretto...I know you're jealous :0)

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

JerseyGirl2
#267re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 8:58pm

I just overdosed on a Chocolate Thunder from Down Under from Outback. I feel much guilt! Well, a half of one. but still....

YouWantitWhen????
#268re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 8:58pm

OK - UCLA is getting its Ass kicked.

Someone pass me the Tequila bottle, time for a shot.

JerseyGirl2
#269re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/5/05 at 9:17pm

Have them all ready:
re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder

YouWantitWhen????
#270re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/6/05 at 1:53am

Three is not enough to make up for the beating UCLA got.

Pass me the bottle.

MUNKY Profile Photo
MUNKY
#271re: Sony and Columbus appear to have put RENT through the anti-gay shredder
Posted: 11/6/05 at 6:06am

I see the exact same thread over and over (especially on imdb) and for the most part, I hesitate to respond to this BS thread and usually won't. But I'm joining in the fun tonight...

I'm thinking to myself, the anti-gay shredder? The ninja turtles were gay? What the flip-mode?!?

Or is this anything like a carrot shredder? Because I can't find it on sale at Wal-Mart or Ebay.

Fart2, go fart somewhere else with your 'all about pro-gay male steamy relationships parade.' Geeez! Give it a rest already. Go start your own website and promote your propaganda somewhere else.

"Now I may not have much, but I have more determination than any man you're likely to meet." - Big Fish
"Misdirection. What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes." - Swordfish
Updated On: 11/6/05 at 06:06 AM

Videos