pixeltracker

OMIGOD! A World Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)- Page 11

OMIGOD! A World Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)

ErikInTheCity
#250re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/5/07 at 1:32pm

Is anyone else having problems opening that slide show posted up above? I cannot get it to load whatsoever. Neither can people I've asked to try. What's up?!

shesamarshmallow
#251re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/5/07 at 1:36pm

RentBoy, because a black person with blonde hair would look fake and cheap, things that Elle shouldn't be. And you can't exactly change her hair color.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#252re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/5/07 at 1:37pm

ErikintheCity, I cannot get the link to work either.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#253re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/5/07 at 1:39pm

It will load like all for me, and then freeze like 75% of the way through.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#254re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/5/07 at 1:48pm

It worked fine for me?

And HumaTune, that area is definitely not the best, but stage door seems to be safe. They have a lot of security and there is a huge amount of people around.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#255re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/5/07 at 2:18pm

Yes, SF's Tenderloin is pretty terrifying. It's like Times Square of the 1970s.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#256re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:48pm

Oh I know carymetorent2, I just like to snark on the area around the Golden Gate. You'd think they would have tried "clean up" the neighborhood, considering there's a theatre there.

RentBoy86
#257re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 12:06am

I didn't say Elle had to be black. Asian, Mexican, etc. Or at least they could color blind her friends/boyfriends. It doesn't have to be this stereotypical "white" world. Seems boring to me.

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#258re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 12:30am

One of Elle's three main soroity sisters IS black, played by DeQuina Moore.

And Amber Efé who plays the Judge understudies Paulette is also black.

Act0r721 Profile Photo
Act0r721
#259re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 1:22am

DeQuina from "Camp"? Ohmigod!!

Cute video. I'll be interested to see how it does.

"But I see a star. You're my new muse. You've got the best frickin' shoes!" <3
Updated On: 2/6/07 at 01:22 AM

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#260re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 2:25am

Um i have a problem with Elle's wardrobe.... Elle is the clean cut all american girl. Right now she looks like Glinda (from Wicked) vomited pink on someone from Rent. Since when was Elle a Bohemian

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#261re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 7:34am

She's not. The costumes don't look like they're from RENT. Yes, they have a "touch" of Glinda in them, but they're ELLE costumes. Since when do Bohemians have that many costume changes?

carymetorent2
#262re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 10:02am

A lot of Elle's costumes are replicas from the movies, or appear to be. So, that "problem" is kind of not valid, since half her clothes are from the movie.

THe finale outfit, the Bend and Snap outfit, the pink dress at the beginning and her first day of Harvard law outfit all seem to be very similar to the movie. I think Barnes did an excellent job.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#263re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 1:23pm

Yeah I have to agree, hey could have easliy gone to the GAP and got the costumes, but they hand made them. Although, the totally went all out on shoes and acessories. Did anyone see Kritzers hot Juicy Couture purse in the court scene.

Break a leg tonight guys!!!!

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#264re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 1:48pm

will the reviews for this show appear tonight im dying to see whats said

Fingers crossed

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

legallyblondemusical Profile Photo
legallyblondemusical
#265re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 2:39pm

Most press reviews will come out Thursday. I will be there tonight, my 5th or 6th time, I've lost count. I will probably post some feedback later tonight/tomorrow. At this point I am pretty confident in the changes I would like to see.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#266re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 2:44pm

Fab,have a great night

Look forward to your review

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

an87
#267re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 2:48pm

Do previewing shows ever somehow survey select audience members to get their opinions on what should be changed in the show before it goes to NY? It seems like when you're actually in the process yourself, its harder to see the things that don't work in your show.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#268re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 2:50pm

The costumes look nothing like the movie with the exception of the pink court room dress.... although it is a cheap knock off. Her costumes look like something you would buy at JCPENNY and not Gucci.

Elle also doesn't look clean cut. (hence the rent comment) she looks very loose and laid back. Elle is the type of girl who has to buy the perfect dress. Her first couple of outfits look like she was too lazy to put clothing on.

Elle is a sority girl who wears designer clothes....

I love Barnes' work but i think he missed the idea of Elle.

carymetorent2
#269re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 3:18pm

Well, we can agree to disagree there. Though, have you seen the show?

Some of the costumes are incredibly detailed. I am extremely fond of her pink/purple ensemble from her first day at school.

Her "Bend and Snap" outfit is almost exactly the same. I am not too fond of her "engagement dress" though.

An, from what I hear, Jerry Mitchell does not even go on these boards to see what we are saying, probably a good thing considering how harsh people are being. I wish sometimes he would ask audience members. Right now, it seems he intends to keep the scene to Chutney's bathroom, which seems to be universally disliked. I wish that would be cut.

From what I hear, some of the reviews will be available at midnight. LegallyBlondethemusical might know better than I, but Thursday seems a ridiculous amount of time to make people wait.

legallyblondemusical
#270re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 3:47pm

Midnight? When do they write the review? :)

As we have seen us "amateurs" may have feedback posted here later tonight/tomorrow but it's pretty much tradition that press reviews follow 2 days after opening night here in SF.

To the best of my knowledge preview audiences are not formally surveyed during this period, I never have been. All changes come from the creative team and producers. So far we have seen very minor changes to the show and I don't expect to see many more before it leaves SF. Any major restructuring is most likely going to happen between SF and NY, unfortunately. Add to the mix that we have heard unsubstantiated rumors that the producers and the artistic team are not on the same page about the changes that need to be done.

While there are changes to come, as it is currently, it is a great night out and every time I go I see people around me really enjoying themselves.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#271re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 3:53pm

The costumes don't look like they're from RENT. Yes, they have a "touch" of Glinda in them, but they're ELLE costumes.

No way! They're ELLE costumes?! Now I understand! Thanks for clearing that up.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#272re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 3:53pm

"Midnight? When do they write the review? :)"

I don't know if there's a different tradition in San Francisco, but in Chicago and New York the shows three or four days before opening are considered "press performances" and those are what most reviewers attend and base their reviews on. This is why reviews are often available within hours of the opening night curtain going down. Some critics will see a show more than once before reviewing it.

"Fame Becomes Me" was an interesting case, because from each critic's description of who Jiminy Glick interviewed one could tell exactly what performance they had watched.

Opening night is more of a party then anything else. Since most of the opening night crowd is friends and family of the production no critic could get an accurate read on audience reaction.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

legallyblondemusical
#273re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 4:02pm

As I've said on here before, in SF, unlike NYC (where the last few previews are open to the press) and other cities, the press show up for opening night. I'm sure there are always some exceptions but that has always been my understanding. If you look at past OOT previews here you can see a pattern of reviews coming out 2 days after opening night.
Updated On: 2/6/07 at 04:02 PM

jarretSF Profile Photo
jarretSF
#274re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/6/07 at 4:02pm

Can't wait till tonight - it'll be my 2nd time.

Some people come into our lives and quietly go, others stay a while, and leave footprints on our heart, and we are never the same.

Videos