Posted: 1/23/12 at 2:24pm

I fully plan on giving her a chance.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#276LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 2:41pm

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked to see her do this.

Dave19
#277LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 2:57pm

I'm giving her a chance too.

At least she looks the part.

And the singing of Anne hathaway and Amanda Seyfried isn't exactly glorious either. Taylor might be the best singer of all 3 of them. And Amanda Seyfried doesn't sound OR look the part so we should be more worried about that.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#278LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 3:01pm

The only thing I'm thinking about both Hathaway and Seyfried ...

They both have these rapid-fire vibratos ... but this music was written by Frenchmen in French (originally), and it's a story set in France.

I think I could actually get into that "Edith Piaf style" singing on these tunes. Sort of a "French cabaret" approach to the material. In that case, their natural vibratos might just work.

Again, I'm willing to give them a chance on this material, too. It may be different, but that's okay. As long as it works.

If it doesn't work, then I'm prepared to throw lots of stones. LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Dave19
#279LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 3:17pm

Good point, it might work, that French style. We'll see.

Updated On: 1/23/12 at 03:17 PM

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#280LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 3:39pm

I hear Mackintosh has people swing by Starbucks and grab him a latte on the way to his office to be told bad news.

#pleasebetrue

jo
#281LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 6:25pm

I have an open mind about the casting of Taylor Swift as Eponine. I know that initial impressions over her singing a theatre classic like TONIGHT were not favorable at all. But if Tom Hooper, the producers, and Universal Pictures have all agreed to give her a chance to interpret the role ( presumably after testing her vocal and acting talents...and after some coaching afterwards), that sounds like they have actually seen something positive towards her inclusion in this cast. This will be a tall order for her, as there are quite a few shining stars in the cast - hopefully, that can only prod her to do her best!

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#282LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 8:08pm

For what it's worth, Swift's name has been removed from the IMDb cast list for the film.

Swift may have been at Mackintosh's office to be told she didn't get the role, or to turn it down.

beautywickedlover
#283LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 8:16pm

^ It might have been removed because she has never been officially announced. The FAQs has been changed too:

"While it is rumored that Taylor Swift, Scarlett Johansson, and Lea Michelle have been offered or considered for the role, the movie's official website make no mention of any of these actresses in connection with the film."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1707386/faq

That same person who edited the answer must also have removed her name from the IMDB list.

Updated On: 1/23/12 at 08:16 PM

jo
#284LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 8:55pm

>>>Swift may have been at Mackintosh's office to be told she didn't get the role, or to turn it down.<<<

It is hard to believe that one flies transatlantic ( from the West Coast to London would probably take some 10-11 flying hours) simply to be told that one has been rejected...or to tell a producer that they cannot agree on the terms. I am sure a personal telephone call from Mr. Mackintosh or from Taylor would be sufficient for either of these purposes.

Whatever the decision -- can they just please get on with the rest of the casting and start full rehearsals now??

Updated On: 1/23/12 at 08:55 PM

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#285LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 9:08pm

I agree that they need to make an announcement soon. This is getting beyond frustrating and venturing into worrying territory.

beautywickedlover
#286LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 9:30pm

^ The announcement had not happened because she had not finalized the deal yet, but she might have today.

"It is hard to believe that one flies transatlantic ( from the West Coast to London would probably take some 10-11 flying hours) simply to be told that one has been rejected...or to tell a producer that they cannot agree on the terms. I am sure a personal telephone call from Mr. Mackintosh or from Taylor would be sufficient for either of these purposes."

Exactly.

tjacks55@ymail.com
tjacks55@ymail.com
showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#289LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/24/12 at 11:33am

There should be an announcement posted sometime soon.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#290LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/24/12 at 12:58pm

That same CheapTheaterTickets" article mentions Susan Boyle as being in the running for Fantine... yikes!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#292LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/24/12 at 3:52pm

I love how BWW doesn't specify what these "recent published reports" are. And Perez Hilton doesn't count.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Fan2
#293LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/24/12 at 3:57pm

There are photos and a video of her coming out of Cameron Mackintosh's London office so I think that's the source (which is what's being reported). Not sure about the "rehearsals" part since as far as I know, they haven't started yet. Hugh at least is still in NYC.

Taylor Swift Visits Cameron Mackintosh's London Office Updated On: 1/24/12 at 03:57 PM

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#294LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/24/12 at 5:13pm

I also love how BWW is now claiming they were the "first" to report Swift landed the role.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#295LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/24/12 at 5:19pm

Interesting:
http://bemyonly.tumblr.com/post/16422850810/i-met-sacha-baron-cohen-today

Sacha is in New Orleans right now. I believe he’s in the city to film Django Unchained with all-star cast including Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Samuel L. Jackson, etc. Sacha was with his daughter, Olive. She looks so much like her mom, Isla Fisher, except with blonde hair. He’s very tall in real life and wore an hat, glasses, and a five o’clock shadow on his face. I’m about Isla’s size, so I had to look up.
If people still don’t believe that Sacha is in Les Mis, well I definitely have confirmation. I congratulated him being casted into the movie and he thanked me for it.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#297LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/24/12 at 7:07pm

Rehearsals haven't started yet, BWW is just making a lot of assumptions without any evidence. Cohen's in New Orleans and Jackman's in New York.

We have no idea why Swift was at Mackintosh's office. It's still a fact that nobody connected to the production has even mentioned her.

Fan2
#298LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/24/12 at 7:34pm

Taylor Swift attended "Richard II" starring Eddie Redmayne today, Anne was seen boarding a plane (supposedly) for London, and Hugh tweeted today that he was pumped for Les Mis, so it sounds like rehearsals are imminent.

Owen22
#299LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/24/12 at 8:48pm

Rehearsals have always been reported to be starting the first week of February.

Videos