pixeltracker

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14- Page 13

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#300Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/10/20 at 1:43pm

Or, PERHAPS, predators are the issue! Your comment is gross, grandpa."

Worth pointing out that behindthescenes2 was posting even worse versions of that take on this thread three years ago.

100% agree with both of you, when someone says things like they have, it's pretty clear they are not worth engaging in. 

fosterfan2
#301Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/10/20 at 5:33pm

orlikethecolorpurple said: "behindthescenes2 said: "No sympathy for Rapp... But at age 14 he thought he could handle men by putting himself deliberately in a situation to get this attention and then realized he was in over his head. Now, today, he’s doing it again just go home Anthony and stay there for once."

And women shouldn’t walk alone at night orwear revealing clothing! They think they can handle the situation, but they can’t.

Or, PERHAPS, predators are the issue! Your comment is gross, grandpa.
"

Thank you. I had to get on to a co-worker today when he said that the Kardashian women were "asking to be raped" because of the revealing way they often dress. Now,I am no fan of the Kardashians,but I let this guy have it,and he shut up.

Updated On: 9/10/20 at 05:33 PM

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#302Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/11/20 at 11:17am

I clearly recall when this story broke and people reacted so crudely and meanly, talking about Rapp the way people often used to talk about women accusing men of rape.  It's crazy.  It's like buttons get pushed and people just can't help saying the most stupid and insensitive things.  Often, people who clearly know better.  

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#303Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/11/20 at 12:47pm

The baffling thing about mocking Rapp is that he was just one of the many accusers, and the other situations are even more dire--sex in exchange for promised careers (promises Spacey did not even keep, apparently had no intention of keeping).

It also misses the point to say "Oh, he was hit on and, rebuffed, Spacey moved on, what's the big deal?" as that doesn't take into account the circumstances of, if I remember this correctly, Rapp having fallen asleep at a cast party and Spacey hitting on him at that point, either waking him up to hit on him or Rapp waking to find Spacey already hitting on him. Surely a discombobulating/vulnerable position to find one's self in at the age of 14 (unless maybe you're Scott Thompson's Buddy Cole character).

The reality was quite different from, say, Spacey coming up to him at some point backstage "Wanna get coffee sometime?" and Rapp saying "No" and that being the end of it. The latter would still be off, due to the age/legality issue, but the incident was far less innocuous even than that.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#304Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/11/20 at 4:07pm

And furthermore, Rapp had indeed told many people about the incident over the intervening years. News sources were able confirm that he told others as long ago as 1990. He also had been told by a lawyer that it was not worth pursuing charges. In 2001, The Advocate even redacted Spacey's name in a piece they ran with Rapp in which he described the incident.

Rapp didn't change his stance or his story- it was the world that changed.

And yes, Spacey has many accusers. Rapp is merely the most well-known. And I suspect there are many that haven't or won't come forward.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

SayNoToJugs
#305Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 9/12/20 at 10:06am

Nothing will ever happen to this sicko, never does. It's always one story to the next. Shameful.

Updated On: 9/12/20 at 10:06 AM

Videos