pixeltracker

'Time Stands Still' first preview- Page 2

'Time Stands Still' first preview

jennifer252 Profile Photo
jennifer252
#25'Time Stands Still' first preview
Posted: 1/9/10 at 12:07pm

For anyone who has seen the show, I'm seeing it next Tuesday and have a seat in Orch row D on the very end. I'm worried I'm going to miss out on parts because of my side view. Has anyone else sat side view orchestra?

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#26'Time Stands Still' first preview
Posted: 1/9/10 at 12:17pm

Has anyone tried or asked about the rush yet?

According to playbill, their policy is:
Student Rush: $26.50 - available on the day of the performance when the box office opens. Must show photo ID verifying current enrollment in a degree or diploma program. Limit 2 per valid ID. Subject to availability. Credit cards accepted.

I'm curious about how many tickets they have and how easy/hard it is. Thanks!

LaCageAuxFollesFan Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan
#27'Time Stands Still' first preview
Posted: 1/9/10 at 12:26pm

I was in row E - 3 seats from the outside aisle and saw everything great. I dont think the sight-lines in that theatre are bad at all. It's a New York loft apartment set, very nicely done by John Lee Beatty and Dan Sullivan very appropriately uses the space.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#28'Time Stands Still' first preview
Posted: 1/9/10 at 12:28pm

I would recommend joining MTC's 30 Under 30 program. The seats are only $30 and they can be purchased in advance. Also, the rush seats are usually in the mezzanine, but with 30 Under 30 you get best available. I've always gotten very good seats in the orchestra using that program.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#29'Time Stands Still' first preview
Posted: 1/9/10 at 12:49pm

I think there are not bad orchestra seats at that theatre...
Rush tix are US$ 27 and just go to the box office and see if you get lucky. I did!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

jeffmiele
#30'Time Stands Still' first preview
Posted: 1/9/10 at 1:35pm

i bought a TDF ticket and was orch row D all the way on the right side.. perfect.. no obstructions.. stage is so wide and they fill the entire thing.. u just cant see into their closet or out the front door.. is there even anything to see out that door anyway???

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#31'Time Stands Still' first preview
Posted: 1/10/10 at 7:49pm

Thanks for your responses!

muscle23ftl - So you have rushed before? What day and time did you get there? How many other people were there? Do you know how many tickets were available or is it just whatever's left in the mezz?

frogsfan85 - I have joined their 30 Under 30 program, but I have not received any emails from them yet. Is there an extra fee when buying them online? I just joined the other day, but hopefully I get an email from them soon.

rjm516
#32'Time Stands Still' first preview
Posted: 1/10/10 at 8:00pm

I saw this show yesterday, the Saturday matinee, and really enjoyed it. I thought all the performances were great and it was a very intriguing take on a war story. I got a student rush ticket for $27, and it was an amazing seat - row A mezzanine in the center. Perfect view. The negative side of my experience was that I , along with 3 other people, waited at stage door for AN HOUR and no one came out. I had to leave after an hour, so there's a chance they came out after an hour - but I find that hard to believe. I'm so upset I didn't get to talk to them.

FeelingElectric
#33'Time Stands Still' first preview
Posted: 1/10/10 at 8:35pm

I've been to several matinees at the Friedman. With the exception of LoveMusik, nobody's ever come out. The weather might have had a lot to do with this decision as well.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#34'Time Stands Still' first preview
Posted: 1/11/10 at 10:58am

I was able to catch this last night and I feel the need to echo everyone else's sentiments. This was a strongly written and compellingly acted piece. I can see how some people might not want to deal with the questions the show raises, but it is a show that should not be missed.

Kudos to all involved.

Videos