pixeltracker

New Season Shaping Up Well- Page 2

New Season Shaping Up Well

rjm516
#25New Season Shaping Up Well
Posted: 6/19/10 at 12:13pm

Is there any news about Catch me if you Can?? I hope Aaron stays with it. Is there any chance Norbert would stay with it too?

Also for whoever mentioned Harry Potter's filming schedule- they finished a few weeks ago, so Daniel should be free!

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#26New Season Shaping Up Well
Posted: 6/19/10 at 4:15pm

I just don't understand how people can predict shows will fail before they even open, infact some have yet to start casting etc.

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#27New Season Shaping Up Well
Posted: 6/19/10 at 5:15pm

"Whatever happened to the 2010 production of Rebecca? It was announced back in 2008 (with a "deal" being signed on stage in Vienna) but it's been pretty quiet since then... Guess it's not happening?"

I was really really hoping that it was coming this season, but it is apparently planning for the '11-'12 or '12-'13 season =(.

Christopher Hampton is translating under the direction & guidance of original writer Michael Kunze, and apparently Zambello is still attached as the director.

They just had a reading this past fall with SIERRA BOGGESS as "I"/the narrator, Brent Barrett as Maxim de Winter and Susan Rigvava as Mrs. Danvers. Pia Douwes (in which the role was intended for her) previously portrayed the role of Mrs. Danvers in another reading last year.

They apparently are in talks to do the production in the West End first, then if possible do a stint in Toronto then land on Broadway.

I can't wait for this to happen!!!!

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#28New Season Shaping Up Well
Posted: 6/19/10 at 5:34pm

Thanks for the updates, philly03... I look forward to seeing a Kunze & Levay show on Broadway. Not sure whether it'll do well with American audiences, but it'll be interesting for sure.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#29New Season Shaping Up Well
Posted: 6/19/10 at 7:07pm

The music/orchestration style seems so weird to me for their shows. They make them sound incredibly pop-y, yet they are still in a Frank Wildhorn-esque sound.

I was talking to the likelihood of this being successful... I could see it running a year or two, but a lot of the Europeans seem to think this will run for YEARS. I cannot see that happening, perhaps I will be wrong!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#30New Season Shaping Up Well
Posted: 6/19/10 at 7:12pm

Add to the list:
The Importance of Being Earnest
and possibly Minsky's

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#31New Season Shaping Up Well
Posted: 6/19/10 at 10:03pm

In Jerry Mitchell's latest interview he said there was a recent reading of a reworked CATCH ME...... with Norbs, Aaron and Wopat still involved, and they have added like 8 ensemble women.

Haybe Profile Photo
Haybe
#32New Season Shaping Up Well
Posted: 6/19/10 at 11:08pm

I heard it's happening this week and Kerry Butler is still on board.

Readings aren't open to the public, right?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#33New Season Shaping Up Well
Posted: 6/19/10 at 11:10pm

No, they are by invite only.

Videos