pixeltracker

Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?- Page 2

Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?

ALittlePriest Profile Photo
ALittlePriest
#25Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?
Posted: 3/9/11 at 5:01pm

I think the producers know they have a struggle ahead of them of appealing to a general audience. In my opinion they don't want people to know it's a drag show, and that shows in most marketing and advertising I've seen.

NYTheatre01 Profile Photo
NYTheatre01
#26Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?
Posted: 3/9/11 at 6:36pm

OFFENSIVE TO WHOM? This is the most ridiculous thread on this website. Move on already!
Updated On: 3/9/11 at 06:36 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#27Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?
Posted: 3/9/11 at 6:42pm

To whom.

Fanb
#28Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?
Posted: 3/9/11 at 8:01pm

I just wonder why anyone would want to see a show about 3 anonymous women in crazy wigs. I imagine the show is about much more than that. (and the La Cage poster is very clever - a great wink in that it is pretty obvious that they are men dressed as women) - The Priscilla campaign does not show much creativity.

That said - I'll still go to the show since I liked the movie.

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
#29Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 4:12am

The drag queens featured very prominently in the marketing for the London production, even to the point where the actors (dressed up in those colourful/spectacular costumes) would be hanging around Leicester Square, handing out fliers, discount vouchers, cupcakes etc etc.

Whether they'll implement this sort of strategy for New York, I guess that remains to be seen, especially as they're pursuing the Diva approach.

Everything in life...is only for now.
Updated On: 3/10/11 at 04:12 AM

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#30Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 4:35am

Not offensive. Just bland.

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#31Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 6:22am

It's discriminatory towards feminists.

all_that_jazz Profile Photo
all_that_jazz
#32Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 10:04am

um first off if you have to ask if something is offensive...then u have your answer NO your either offended or not what you have to take a national poll to know how you feel....second i think from the pic its obvious whats in the show i mean the movie is well known and while those three in the marketing may not be the three leads in the show they certainly look like drag queens to me someone said they are ladies...hmmmm okay there....but whatever they are for the purposes of that poster they are big fabulous made up drag queens not every show has to have an actual pic of the cast thats the look they are goin with it will last years regardless of what cast changes occur you think everytime a lead leaves they want to replace a giant marquee....those things aren't free you know....so just remember no your not offended by this pic and if you ever need to know how you feel again don't hesitate to ask....

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#33Is Priscilla's marketing offensive?
Posted: 3/10/11 at 12:27pm

In between this and SPIDER MAN, my pearls are just clutched into dust.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Videos