News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AvenueQResident

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
Member Name: AvenueQResident
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Elaine Paige News  Jan 22 2015, 08:32:23 PM
She's Dewey Finn in School of Rock.
FINDING NEVERLAND sets Broadway closing date already?????  Oct 5 2014, 09:21:36 AM
That'll be Weinstien putting forward his spare change to keep this running for 14 years.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/10/14  Aug 11 2014, 04:27:45 PM
I wonder if 'Aladdin' is not too far off from recouping, has had an incredible year thus far.
Please don't turn these movies into musicals  Jul 30 2014, 05:13:22 PM
Jurassic Park
Sleep No More is AMAZING  Feb 5 2014, 04:28:48 AM
Anyone ever end up with the male witch behind the telephone booth curtain?

That was quite something.

Sleep No More Age Restriction  Feb 3 2014, 12:11:53 PM
Punchdrunk are strict with age. Even by a day under 16, they will refuse entry. They do this with 'The Drowned Man' at least so I would think 'Sleep No More' would be the same.
Need Help Picking 3rd Show  Dec 8 2013, 04:56:06 PM
I just saw Sleep No More the other week, great you're going back a second time, you tend to discover and see a lot more on repeat visits for Punchdrunk's shows!

I'm saying to everyone that if you can only see one show on Broadway right now, go see 'Pippin'. Utterly magical theatrical experience.

PIPPIN recoups investment  Dec 3 2013, 03:53:41 AM
I just saw the show last week. One of the most magical experiences I've had in the theatre and it fills me with joy to read this. Congrats to all involved!
London Imports  Nov 16 2013, 08:26:29 AM
Betty Blue Eyes is embarking on a UK tour next year.

I highly doubt it would ever come to Broadway as it wasn't very successful in the original London run.

Best Show to See Multiple Times?  Oct 23 2013, 07:57:27 PM
Any Punchdrunk show.
KINKY BOOTS Recoups!  Oct 3 2013, 06:14:24 PM
Always great news to see a show recoup.

Congrats to all involved!

The Light Princess  Sep 28 2013, 03:50:59 PM
I saw the second preview.

Thought it was in excellent shape, apart from a few mic issues, everything ran smoothly and slick, despite the many technical demands that are evident.

Utterly beautiful piece of musical theatre, I was entranced the whole way through. So many elements that bring together this world and it's just stunning how they've used everything, sets, puppetry, projections, lighting, it all blends and supports one another to create this wondorous land.

Wa

AMELIE on Broadway  Aug 24 2013, 08:49:08 AM
Wonder if they'll include the "How many people are having an orgasm right now?" part.
Jungle Book delays Broadway bow in favor of UK...  Jul 23 2013, 02:55:23 PM
It doesn't necessarily state the UK as where it would go, just Europe.

I think it would go more along the route of 'Tarzan' and 'The Little Mermaid' and end up somewhere in mainland Europe like Germany or the Netherlands.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/13  Jul 23 2013, 09:15:15 AM
First Date does have a good percentage, but the gross and average ticket prices are a bit worrying.

I know it's still previews, but I wouldn't wish that long-term on them.

Bunheads  Jul 23 2013, 09:10:58 AM
I got as far as the first half of season one on this. Seemed a bit bizarrely in it's own reality of sorts.

SPOILER

I seem to recall them all moving on very quickly when the son got killed in the first episode.

END SPOILER

But I enjoyed it for the most part, nice to see Sutton being her usual, daffy-self and the scenes with the young girls were always fun to watch.

Spiderman or Newsies?  Jul 22 2013, 03:12:19 PM
Newsies, through and through.
IF/THEN on Broadway, March 2014  Jul 17 2013, 01:26:37 PM
It's having a tryout in D.C.

And both Menzel and Kitt have been a part of some very successful musicals which were new at the time.

I think this shows a lot of critical and commercial promise.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/14/13  Jul 15 2013, 08:03:11 PM
Woah. Is that a personal high for Book of Mormon? Wondering if they'll manage the $2M mark in due time.
Alan Menken Interview - HUNCHBACK CONFIRMED!  Jul 15 2013, 08:00:18 PM
Menken confirms this every year.

I hope this is happening for real.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You