pixeltracker

Intermission during COMPANY screening?- Page 2

Intermission during COMPANY screening?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#25Intermission during COMPANY screening?
Posted: 6/15/11 at 11:52pm

The theater I went to see it at had some sort of major technical glitch and THEY HAD TO CANCEL THE SCREENING. GINORMOUS FAIL. They're showing it again tomorrow, at least, but I have to give up a ticket to something else to be able to see it. Grrr.

(So is the running time 2:30?)

A work of art is an invitation to love.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#26Intermission during COMPANY screening?
Posted: 6/15/11 at 11:59pm

My theatre about an hour outside Toronto gave us a 15 minute intermission, and the only applause (aside from the end of the screening) was this very overexcited guy after Patti's "Ladies Who Lunch", and screamed when she first came on the screen.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#27Intermission during COMPANY screening?
Posted: 6/15/11 at 11:59pm

Saw it tonight and had a great time. I don't think I've ever liked anything Lonny Price has ever directed so it was interesting to like this so much.

FindingNamo
#28Intermission during COMPANY screening?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 12:15am

Yeah, it's 2:30 with the 20 second intermission pause.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#29Intermission during COMPANY screening?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 12:21am

Seeing it tomorrow night (insert squee of joy!)

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#30Intermission during COMPANY screening?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 2:40am

No intermission at the showing in Bellevue, WA (just the quick flash of the word intermission, 5 seconds of blackness, then it started up again).

It was much to my dismay, because I don't go out to the cinemas too often, so when I do go, I end up splurging and buy my sister and myself the large popcorn (that we don't often have), and end up getting the large sodas too. We have seen 2 showings of Rent, a showing of Fela, a showing of the 25th Anniversary Les Mis concert, and a showing of Memphis, and all those have had a full 10-15 minute intermission which I expected from this presentation.

Needless to say, my sister and I were dying by the time "Ladies Who Lunch" came around (Patti sloshing that vodka stinger didn't help much either). We made it to the end, but just barely.

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#31Intermission during COMPANY screening?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 2:51am

Sounds like intermission is up to the theater. My theater didn't have one, but I wish it did. They had a full theater. I was pretty surprised, but I'm glad people are interested. Hopefully this will convince the theater to show other related filmings. I absolutely loved the show. They did a great job filming it, and I loved hearing this incredible score sung by such a great cast with that stunning orchestra. I was expecting more of a concert with only minimal staging and choreography, but I was pleasantly surprised to see this is indeed an actual production. I loved the lights too, very effective. Anyways, I had a great time and would definitely recommend seeing this!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

eatlasagna
#32Intermission during COMPANY screening?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 2:55am

saw it tonight (San Diego) and enjoyed it... 20 second intermission and they made an announcement beforehand

stuff:

the stupid lady next to me fell asleep and was snoring during a few seconds of Ladies Who Lunch! damn her!
same lady and her friends were talking the first few minutes of the show but eventually shut up... best part was when Bobby was blowing the imaginary candles on the cake the women were like "did you guys see any candles on that cake?"... aargh! haha

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#33Intermission during COMPANY screening?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 3:07am

I think the only other thing that marred my enjoyment of this production (besides the non existent intermission), was the sound at my cinema (it seemed way too low, and only played out the front speakers. Did anyone else have more of a "surround sound"?). And there was a weird yellowish blotch to the left side of the screen, which occasionally made the actors over there look jaundiced.

I would like to see this again tomorrow night, but I may have to travel to a different multi-plex to view it.

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

eatlasagna
#34Intermission during COMPANY screening?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 3:29am

yeah the sound felt pretty low at my theater... kinda disappointing

#35Intermission during COMPANY screening?
Posted: 6/16/11 at 5:19am

"Saw it tonight and had a great time. I don't think I've ever liked anything Lonny Price has ever directed so it was interesting to like this so much. "

This was my impression too. I was cynical as Hell when I found out he was going to do yet another concert of a musical I love. And then film it. I think he's, frankly, pretty much sucked at both--but I didn't with Company. I had troubles with parts, but nothing major at all.

Videos