pixeltracker

Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!- Page 2

Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 4:48am

Not everyone that does theater is passionate about it. He might have always looked at doing theater as "a job".

You can realize you are really good at something and still not be passionate about it. Sometimes you just need a gig to pay the bills.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#26Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 5:06am

Maybe me saying he is turning his back on his roots was rather harsh LOL, I just took that comment a different way then most. I took it as if he felt he was above doing theatre. Not saying he was, it just seemed to me that he was- but that's just me.

Darreyl with an L!

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#27Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 7:55am

I believe one of the reasons he gave for not planning on returning to MT after he left Wicked was that although he loved it, he felt it wouldn't had allowed him to achieve the stardom he desired. I wonder if now that he's a star, he would consider doing it again.

If the Pippin film adaptation were to finally be made, he's my top choice for the LP.

dramamama611
#28Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 8:06am

I think the thing some of you are missing: the kind of star Adam Lambert wants to be is that of a musician, not of an actor.
He wants to be known for being Adam Lambert, writer and singer of his own work. Not an interpreter of others' work.

Of course, if what you say is true, therein lies part of the problem: he wants to be a star as opposed to being an artist.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

masb19872
#29Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 9:26am

I think I remember him saying in an interview that the reason he tried out for Idol was so he could make it far enough to be a stunt cast on Broadway.

I could see him as a Judas. I was surprised they didn't bring him in for St. Jimmy back when American Idiot was doing their stunt cast rotation. He'd be an interesting choice as Freddie in Chess.

Edited to add: Found that interview. http://www.rickey.org/adam-lambert-auditioned-for-american-idol-to-land-a-broadway-role/ Updated On: 6/25/13 at 09:26 AM

Liza's Headband
#30Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 9:58am

People are giving Mr. Lambert way too much credit. He is not a "star" by any stretch of the imagination, especially when you stack him up against the true pop stars. But, again, I repeat that he is on record as saying he has no interest in returning to theatre

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#31Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 10:09am

Pretty big talk from a plain red headband LOL

Darreyl with an L!

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#32Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 10:33am

I do listen to this clip of him singing from Brigadoon, in 2004, at the age of 22, more times than I care to admit. His control at around the 3:22 mark is really impressive.

Come to Me

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Updated On: 6/25/13 at 10:33 AM

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#33Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 10:35am

For what it's worth, I think he's cute.

FindingNamo
#34Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 10:45am

"He wants to be known for being Adam Lambert, writer and singer of his own work. Not an interpreter of others' work."

And then you look at the song writing credits on that awful second album.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

dramamama611
#35Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 10:57am

As I've stated, I have no knowledge of his work. Certainly not my taste.

(Does that mean, Namo, that he didn't write most of what's on his second album?)

FindingNamo
#36Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 11:05am

He and approximately 45,687, 212 collaborators.

Liza's Headband
#37Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 11:10am

LOL. Isn't that kind of the thing to do now, though? Which is why those who actually write their own songs in today's music stand out above the rest of them.

Darrey -- what does being a red headband have to do with anything? I honestly don't know how you could argue differently. When you *compare* him to other real pop stars, he is not a "star." And this is coming from someone who loved him on Idol..

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#38Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 11:26am

He will triumphantly appear on Broadway when all other opportunities for him dry up. That's how it works fo pop singers.

He will say how happy he is to be there, when the fact is he had no other choice. His ego will be stroked by the stage door fans and the hardworking gypsies he dances on stage with and he will gush about how Broadway feels like home and wonders why he didn't do it sooner.

He will appear at all BC/EFA events and make a place for himself on Broadway, occassionally going on tour with a hit touring production.

He will then leave NYC in the dust when he gets a reality show and a make up line on QVC.

Broadway, who?

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
Updated On: 6/25/13 at 11:26 AM

Liza's Headband
#39Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 11:31am

^ Brilliant and true.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#40Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 12:47pm

I have no idea what he wants to do, but I'm a fan. I think he's got the goods to do roles like Hedwig and LP easily. Perfect, actually.

I see him right now as neither here nor there. He's a pop singer but not quite a star yet. He could be on broadway as a star, but doesn't seem to want it yet.

Time will tell. Meanwhile, I like the guy's looks and personality.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

FindingNamo
#41Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 12:49pm

Time has passed.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#42Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 12:58pm

Totally agree, Jane.

I love Adam's raw talent, but what I most love about him is his persona and theatricality. He's a truly unique entertainer and has the potential to do great things. I'm surprised he hasn't become a big star yet.

Updated On: 6/25/13 at 12:58 PM

FindingNamo
#43Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 1:04pm

"He's a truly unique entertainer and has the potential to do great things. I'm surprised he hasn't become a big star yet."

Consider what the phrase "truly unique" actually means before my head literally explodes. Now please list for me anywhere from three to five ways in which Adam Lambert is "a truly unique entertainer." If you opt to pick five I will give you the first (and only) one:

Adam Lambert is the only Adam Lambert there is.

After that, perhaps a short theme on how you can possibly be surprised he hasn't become a big star yet?

broadway guy
#44Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 1:11pm

Headband whenever i see you comment i just get this mental picture of a headband just typing away at a computer and I laugh my butt off.

FindingNamo
#45Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 1:20pm

My comerag handles all my posts.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#47Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 3:44pm

Headband, it was a joke! Touchy too aren't we! LOL :)

I would be interested to know what Pop Stars you are comparing him too. He's one of the few of Todays talent that can actual sing live just as good as in the studio and dose not need auto tune or whatever.

Darreyl with an L!

FindingNamo
#48Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 3:57pm

I bought that first album, sold it back to the store the next day. He uses auto-tune ALL THE TIME.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#49Adam Lambert needs to be on Broadway!
Posted: 6/25/13 at 4:04pm

I said he dose not NEED it, I NEVER said he doesn't use it.

Darreyl with an L!

Videos