pixeltracker

current musicals likely to tour?- Page 2

current musicals likely to tour?

Annetteiago
#25current musicals likely to tour?
Posted: 4/19/15 at 11:58pm

"yes, for most of the 2000s, the best musical revival winner didn't tour. 2002-2004(Into the Woods, Nine, Assassins) & 2006-2008(Pajama Game, Company & South Pacific). Plus I don't remember if the '05 revival of LA CAGE toured either, so that would technically be 7 years straight the best musical revival didn't tour.

I think the last New Musical that didn't tour was CONTACT."

The original cast album was released on March 6, 2001. PBS included the show's final performance in its program Live from Lincoln Center on September 1, 2002.[3] A West End production opened at theQueen's Theatre in October 2002, and closed on May 10, 2003.[4] The show went on to tour nationally wikipedia

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#26current musicals likely to tour?
Posted: 4/20/15 at 12:13am

maybe it's just me but the upcoming season of musical tours looks incredibly lackluster with the exception of Beautiful and maybe Cabaret depending on who is cast - side note - the last revival of Cabaret in Los Angeles starred Terri Hatcher and Norbet Leo Butz (from Bloodline)

and curious to sound of music tour

but the rest of the season is a wash (Bullets Oveer Broadway, If/Then, Phantom, Bridges (although everyone raves about the score so maybe I'll see that)

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#27current musicals likely to tour?
Posted: 4/20/15 at 12:15am

"Honeymoon" won't tour... The only JRB musical to tour was Parade which canceled several major markets (Boston, Chicago, etc) and that had Hal Prince's name attached to it. I see that Bridges plans a few weeks stops in DC, LA, etc, and I am curious how it will fare...

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#28current musicals likely to tour?
Posted: 4/20/15 at 7:48am

South Pacific did tour with Carmen Cusack as Nellie.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ravnquest1
#29current musicals likely to tour?
Posted: 4/20/15 at 9:03am

Updated On: 6/17/17 at 09:03 AM

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#30current musicals likely to tour?
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:25am

"maybe it's just me but the upcoming season of musical tours looks incredibly lackluster with the exception of Beautiful and maybe Cabaret depending on who is cast - side note - the last revival of Cabaret in Los Angeles starred Terri Hatcher and Norbet Leo Butz (from Bloodline)

and curious to sound of music tour
but the rest of the season is a wash (Bullets Oveer Broadway, If/Then, Phantom, Bridges (although everyone raves about the score so maybe I'll see that)"

I respectfully disagree and actually think this is one of the most exciting touring seasons in a long time! It's commendable that producers are taking Bridges on the road via an equity tour after the way it played out on Broadway. It shows how much they believe in the quality of JRB's work. The score is gorgeous, and I'm grateful that I'll have the chance to see what I'm hoping is a first-rate production of the show.

I know some have called this production of Cabaret a museum piece, but I never had the chance to see it the first time around. I saw it last summer and was floored. While the performances did contribute a lot to the experience, the production itself would be enough for me to return regardless of who's starring. 

On top of that, this is the season that we're seeing the launch of the Matilda tour as well! While it's getting a late start, it's such a well-written and well-designed show that I'm excited for more people to get to see it. It'll also be exciting to have Gentleman's Guide on the road, and because I loved If/Then, I'm looking forward to that one as well.

Updated On: 4/20/15 at 11:25 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#31current musicals likely to tour?
Posted: 4/20/15 at 12:01pm

Must of been a short tour for CONTACT. I never remember this going out on tour.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

DWalk
#32current musicals likely to tour?
Posted: 4/21/15 at 8:18pm

http://artsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/04/american-in-paris-getting-raves-on-broadway-tours-to-dsm-in-2017.html/

It's a ways down the road but this article claims An American in Paris will come to Dallas in 2017.

Videos