Food ideas for TONYS party?

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#25Food ideas for TONYS party?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 12:11am

Jell-O shots for "Hamilton"

Something with beets or lavender for "The Color Purple"

Latkes, matzoh, really anything kosher for "Fiddler on the Roof"

You can play around with savory or sweet pies for "Waitress" depending on the rest of the menu!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

@z5
#26Food ideas for TONYS party?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 12:46am

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "Jell-O shots for "Hamilton"

Something with beets or lavender for "The Color Purple"

Latkes, matzoh, really anything kosher for "Fiddler on the Roof"

You can play around with savory or sweet pies for "Waitress" depending on the rest of the menu!

"

LOL..or anything kosher. Just latkes and matzah isn't always kosher. And by anything kosher do you mean M&M's or chicken or gum? Because there are numerous foods and items that are kosher that aren't necessarily tied to Judaism. Ignorance at its finest...

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#27Food ideas for TONYS party?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 1:15am

Water for tuck everlasting

cafeteria food for school of rock

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#28Food ideas for TONYS party?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 7:51am

Call_me_jorge said: "Water for tuck everlasting

"

People will be flocking to your party!

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#29Food ideas for TONYS party?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 7:51am

Call_me_jorge said: "Water for tuck everlasting

"

People will be flocking to your party!

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#30Food ideas for TONYS party?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 9:00am

Sounds like this should have been Patti Murins second column.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#31Food ideas for TONYS party?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 9:20am

A crow for blackbird

A thanksgiving dinner for the humans

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

pickles2
#32Food ideas for TONYS party?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 10:34am

Various carnival treats like cotton candy and popcorn for Tuck Everlasting would be cute.

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#33Food ideas for TONYS party?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 4:33pm

Food ideas for TONYS party?

The image above contains food/drink items (or combinations) that represent all the Tony nominees for Best Play, Best Musical, Best Revival of a Play and Best Revival of a Musical. Can you spot them? (For larger version, click HERE)

VintageSnarker
#34Food ideas for TONYS party?
Posted: 5/22/16 at 5:59pm

Bright Star- biscuits (that's what she has in the basket in the early scene, right?), Another Round happy hour

The Color Purple- Lavender simple syrup for cocktails or lemonade + purple flower embedded ice cubes; (the only other thing I can think of is Celie's special glasses of water)

Disaster- something scorched or charred; slot machine chocolate coins

The Father- chicken

Hamilton- self-decorated Hamilton shot glasses... great if you want to play a drinking game and take a shot whenever Hamilton is mentioned... or more responsibly, when they win a Tony

She Loves Me- vanilla ice cream; perfume-inspired cocktails; music-box chocolates/candy

Tuck Everlasting- cotton candy, popcorn, clear bottles of magical spring "water"; fish (I know the last one is weird but they do go fishing at one point.)

Waitress- pies

Videos