PG, PG13, R?

luvbrdway
#25PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 5:10pm

Thanks again.

I think we'll do Something Rotten and Gentleman's Guide. I'm okay with a ticket broker - don't get to NYC too often!

Howard Shore
#26PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 5:12pm

not this silly conversation again.   I hate parents who over protect children. Why not just tell us the ages and we can make suggestions from there.  What  do they like etc. 

I personally think that you should not see any show . Because even billy elliot would haven not been okay

"

Updated On: 8/26/15 at 05:12 PM

Showface
#27PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 5:23pm

Howard Shore said: "not this silly conversation again.   I hate parents who over protect children. Why not just tell us the ages and we can make suggestions from there.  What  do they like etc. 

I personally think that you should not see any show . Because even billy elliot would haven not been okay

"

"

Because  there have been so many conversations about this topic since you joined 7 days a go. 

The adult was inquiring about the content of the productions, and has received helpful answers...and that's okay.

Yeesh.

Updated On: 8/26/15 at 05:23 PM

Howard Shore
#28PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 5:25pm

I have seen one 6 years ago. I am going to say what I said then. These family is stupid and negligent 

"

"

Because  there have been so many conversations about this topic since you joined 7 days a go. 

The adult was inquiring about the content of the productions, and has received helpful answers...and that's okay.

Yeesh.

"

Showface
#29PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 5:26pm

^You just made a thread that said "that's it I quit"...

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#30PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 5:37pm

Howard Shore- they are not being "stupid" or "negligent" by any use of the words...  Rather, the question is a good way to determine what shows the OP was taking the kids to. And by the way, the OP did identify the ages when asked.  Maybe try reading the thread before posting snarky responses. (And just because you may have lurked here for years doesn't give you the right to demean someone for asking a question "again."  Obviously, these shows weren't ranked in the thread you say you saw "6 years ago." Get.Over.It.

neonlightsxo
#31PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 5:45pm

Howard please learn English before you hijack your next thread. We are happy to be rid of Philly we don't need another one just like him. 

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#32PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 5:45pm

Is "Howard Shore" Phillypinto in drag?

bfreak
#33PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 5:48pm

^This.

luvbrdway
#34PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 6:43pm

Howard Shore said: "not this silly conversation again.   I hate parents who over protect children. Why not just tell us the ages and we can make suggestions from there.  What  do they like etc. 

Somebody is having a bad day.

"

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#35PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 8:16pm

Just ignore him.  We were happy to help.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Howard Shore
#36PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 8:59pm

stop the rules over bad parenting allow them to broaden there minds

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#37PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 9:13pm

The OP said that they are Mormon.  They probably want to make sure that there isn't anything that would offend their beliefs.  It is horribly rude of you to question someone's parenting skills over that you bigot.  Hurry up and disappear like you promised.  GO AWAY PHILLY.

Finch
#38PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/26/15 at 9:18pm

Mr. Shore:

Please try to find -- and use -- an effective English grammar (and spelling) program to prepare your comments.

Howard Shore
#39PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/27/15 at 6:38am

Jonathon Groff is AMISH and he did spring awakening and hamilton enough said

Updated On: 8/27/15 at 06:38 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#41PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/27/15 at 8:31am

Except:

1.  I don't think Groff is Amish, he grew up in an Amish community. (If memory serves me right)

2.  And even if he was:  He is AN ADULT. He made all of those choices as an ADULT.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Liza's Headband
#42PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/27/15 at 8:39am

Just to be clear, Howard Shore is not the troll known as Philip Pinto (PhillyPinto). Howard Shore is the third or fourth personality of a mentally deranged poster originally known as "Mr Smith." I cannot recall the other names this user had. 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#43PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/27/15 at 8:56am

I think "third or fourth" is understating the actual number of screen names this person has used.

I think it's at least 7 or 8.

....but the world goes 'round

neonlightsxo
#44PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/27/15 at 9:40am

I thought it was "Mr Smith" and I called him (?) out in another thread and he denied it, of course. Yeah it's definitely more than 4, I've blocked them all and I'm tired of having to block him.

Falling
#45PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/27/15 at 10:56am

Back on topic: Aladdin and Beautiful are probably the only shows (musicals) which meet your criteria that the girls have not seen. Something Rotten was not to my taste so I'm not that big on recommending it. (And there are a lot of sexual innuendos, so I'm not sure you'd be comfortable with that.)

Fun Home uses the F-bomb two times. (One use is actually just a direct quote by one character so I have to wonder what the censors would make of that. Our prudish country is such that I'm sure it would count.) But, there is also the sexual element and the topics the show covers which I think (totally legit, know lots of people who feel this way) you're not comfortable with.

So, I'll stick to my original suggestions-Beautiful and Aladdin.

Updated On: 8/27/15 at 10:56 AM

ChiTheaterFan
#46PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/27/15 at 11:11am

What about the king and I?  Great for all ages but not a kids' show.  Totally PG. 

Liza's Headband
#47PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/27/15 at 12:00pm

Aside from DISNEY, are there any other shows playing on Broadway right now that could be considered "G"?? 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#48PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/27/15 at 12:02pm

Groff's father's family are Mennonite, who are not Amish. He was not raised as either. As others have said, he was raised in an area of PA that has large Amish and Mennonite communities.

Since the OP was coming in today, it may be difficult to get tickets to King and I, even from a broker. 

I don't think anyone is being prudish by being concerned about sexual content, adult themes, and language in a show if they're bringing kids and if they themselves are conservative and are members of a conservative church. This is simply an example of not judging others based on differences. Howard Shore was not being respectful of someone's cultural differences.

ChiTheaterFan
#49PG, PG13, R?
Posted: 8/27/15 at 12:03pm

Hand to God?  I mean it's the ad I see whenever I open this thread. PG, PG13, R?

EDIT TO CLARIFY:  This was a joke. OP definitely do not see hand to god. I loved it but it is probably the farthest thing from what you're looking for on Broadway!  Definitely rated R. 

Updated On: 8/27/15 at 12:03 PM

Videos