Color Purple Rush?

peacelovemagic1 Profile Photo
peacelovemagic1
#25Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 3/18/16 at 11:52am

I did rush last weekend for the Saturday show. Got to the rush line by 8, and would guess at least 20-25 people ahead of us. When we got to the box office window they told us they were sold out for the evening, but we were able to get rush for the matinee! It helps to be flexible with your show time, if you're rushing on a double show day. 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#26Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 3/18/16 at 12:07pm

peacelovemagic1 said: "I did rush last weekend for the Saturday show. Got to the rush line by 8, and would guess at least 20-25 people ahead of us. When we got to the box office window they told us they were sold out for the evening, but we were able to get rush for the matinee! It helps to be flexible with your show time, if you're rushing on a double show day. "

That is great information--thank you! Hoping to rush for a wednesday matinee in a couple of weeks and this will definitely guide me. Hope you enjoyed the show! :)

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#27Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 3/22/16 at 3:26pm

I was planning on rushing for a Wednesday matinee but am now thinking about the Tuesday performance. I'm assuming I'll have better luck rushing during the week rather than the weekend...but can anyone attest to this? What time would be advisable to get there to be one of the first people in line...Thanks for any input!

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#28Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 3/22/16 at 3:56pm

I would say 7am is a safe spot to get tickets (I am going again on Friday, wish me luck!)

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#29Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 3/22/16 at 3:58pm

phan24 said: "I would say 7am is a safe spot to get tickets (I am going again on Friday, wish me luck!)"

OK great. I'll be there at 7am with mimosa (disguised in a to-go coffee cup) in hand. Good luck on Friday, Phan! :)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#30Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 3/25/16 at 6:49am

for those interested in SRO, I was able to get a SRO ticket last night(March 24) and the show wasn't sold-out yet. Though it was very close. The lady at the box office offered me partial view for $57 or SRO for $30. Judging by the house, I'd say the show did sell out. I got my SRO ticket an hour before curtain. This might be a good weekend to try SRO with spring break going on.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#31Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 3/25/16 at 9:32am

phan24 said: "I would say 7am is a safe spot to get tickets (I am going again on Friday, wish me luck!)"

Hey Phan24, how was getting there at 7am? Let me know your experience as I'm planning on rushing at the same time on Tuesday!

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#32Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 3/25/16 at 11:38am

Jshan05: I got there at around 7am and was within the first 5 people in line. Apparently the first person got there at 6am, but 7am was more than safe (even on a 'holiday' Friday). The line grew to about 40 by 10am, even though I believe the only sell 20 rush tickets per show. Good luck!

FYI: If anyone is interested, Eclipsed (next door) only had about 6 people lined up by 10am, however, it is student rush only.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#33Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 3/25/16 at 12:13pm

phan24 said: "Jshan05: I got there at around 7am and was within the first 5 people in line. Apparently the first person got there at 6am, but 7am was more than safe (even on a 'holiday' Friday). The line grew to about 40 by 10am, even though I believe the only sell 20 rush tickets per show. Good luck!

FYI: If anyone is interested, Eclipsed (next door) only had about 6 people lined up by 10am, however, it is student rush only.
"

Terrific to know...thanks for the update! :)

electrode10
#34Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/1/16 at 10:42am

I was thinking of trying for SRO tomorrow (Saturday) evening. Anyone know if this is easier to get close to curtain or how it's been lately? Thanks!

jonlow09
#35Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/14/16 at 1:29pm

Bumping because I'm planning to go in two weeks. What's it been like for weekend performances? Also trying to take into account that JHud will be leaving soon after.

Updated On: 4/14/16 at 01:29 PM

Ptesan Profile Photo
Ptesan
#36Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/14/16 at 1:50pm

I actually opened up an account to reply to this.  I rushed color purple three times and missed by one person yesterday and the day before- rotten luck.  I ended up taking the $59 per ticket deal- it was worth it the show was amazing but here's the rub- I got front mezz seats far corner and the rows behind me were empty, third row center mezz was empty and some orchestra seats below were empty- I get you only have a certain amount of tickets you can rush but c'mon.  I ended up moving during intermission. 

jonlow09
#37Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/14/16 at 1:54pm

Ptesan said: "I actually opened up an account to reply to this.  I rushed color purple three times and missed by one person yesterday and the day before- rotten luck.  I ended up taking the $59 per ticket deal- it was worth it the show was amazing but here's the rub- I got front mezz seats far corner and the rows behind me were empty, third row center mezz was empty and some orchestra seats below were empty- I get you only have a certain amount of tickets you can rush but c'mon.  I ended up moving during intermission. "

What time did you show up?

Updated On: 4/14/16 at 01:54 PM

Ptesan Profile Photo
Ptesan
#38Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/14/16 at 3:08pm

Ten to 9am- if I had check these boards I would've known better...

jonlow09
#39Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/18/16 at 3:49pm

Ptesan said: "Ten to 9am- if I had check these boards I would've known better..."

Great info! Sound like 8AM is still a must for this one. Thanks!

SingingChef Profile Photo
SingingChef
#40Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/21/16 at 6:58pm

Planning on rushing on a Sunday for the 3pm show. Box office opens at noon? Anybody rush lately on a Sunday? Think 10am is safe?

Updated On: 4/26/16 at 06:58 PM

SingingChef Profile Photo
SingingChef
#41Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/26/16 at 8:48pm

Anyone? :)

electrode10
#42Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/26/16 at 9:21pm

I went to rush for last Wednesday's matinee about an hour before curtain. While they were out of rush, the super sweet lady in the box office offered me a partial view $59 seat on the extreme side G17. The show wasn't sold well that day and the house manager moved me up to E7. 

Not sure if this will help on a weekend when it is likely sold well, but just to give a general idea. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#43Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/26/16 at 11:13pm

when I saw the show a few weeks ago, the nice lady at the box office offered me the partial view seat for $57 or SRO for $30. It seems like they'll sell SRO if the show is close to being sold-out. Judging by the show that night, it looked sold-out.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

aimeric
#44Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:00pm

Sorry, I can't speak to Sundays, but when I rushed it this morning, it was as busy as ever for a Wednesday two-show day.  I got there at 7:07am on the dot, and I was the tenth person in line.  It seems like the people at the front of the line got there around 6:30-6:45.  The entire line ended up being huge by the time the box office opened, maybe fifty people or more.  

bwayalltheway
#45Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 4/28/16 at 9:24pm

Is this rush Cash Only?

hugh2012
#46Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 6/18/16 at 10:54am

Anyone rush the show recently? What time would you have to get there on a two show day to get tickets?

Fleasa
#47Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 6/19/16 at 5:53am

hugh2012 said: "Anyone rush the show recently? What time would you have to get there on a two show day to get tickets?

"

Showed up yesterday at 9:40 and lined up behind about 30 people. By the time I made it to the window they only had 1 rush ticket left for both the matinee and evening performances. I quickly let the nice young man from behind me in the line in to get the matinee ticket and my daughter and I leisurely strolled up to Fiddler on the Roof, walked into the empty box office at 10:45, and got two rush tickets for the afternoon performance. The show was excellent, btw.

hugh2012
#48Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 6/19/16 at 7:11am

So if I get there 8 am on a Wednesday show, would I be able to get matinee?

Fleasa
#49Color Purple Rush?
Posted: 6/19/16 at 10:37am

My guess would be yes but I don't know how it will be on Wednesday and when Cynthia is returning.

Videos