pixeltracker

update: Hamilton lotto entrants- Page 2

update: Hamilton lotto entrants

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#25update: Hamilton lotto entrants
Posted: 6/17/16 at 10:29am

Anakela said: "I don't know about the wristbands, but all the accounts from the winners on here seem to all say that you can't claim the tickets until 30 min before curtain, and they walk you directly from the box office into the theatre."

That's correct. The door to enter the house is no more than a few feet from the box office windows so it's not hard for them to ensure that you enter immediately after receiving your tickets. There were no wristbands or anything of that sort when I was a lottery winner's plus one. 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#26update: Hamilton lotto entrants
Posted: 6/17/16 at 10:35am

I'm a little surprised they don't specifically mention that in their policy.  I mean what happens if your plus one isn't there with you when you pick up the tickets? Lots of times I meet people at the theater just a few minutes before curtain. If this is true, they should state that you need to be prepared with your guest to immediately go into the theater upon picking up tickets.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#27update: Hamilton lotto entrants
Posted: 6/17/16 at 10:47am

QueenAlice said: "If this is true, they should state that you need to be prepared with your guest to immediately go into the theater upon picking up tickets.

"

Maybe they say all that in the winner email?

eta: and thanks for the winner process info from those of you who have won!

Updated On: 6/17/16 at 10:47 AM

Eurotrash Profile Photo
Eurotrash
#28update: Hamilton lotto entrants
Posted: 6/17/16 at 10:52am

At the moment, ten out of twenty most current threads are about Hamilton. In my humble opinion it's too many, and is surely making the board a dull visit for the majority, moderators, please.

Why don't you go? Why don't you leave Manderley? He doesn't need you... he's got his memories. He doesn't love you, he wants to be alone again with her. You've nothing to stay for. You've nothing to live for really, have you?

pickles2
#29update: Hamilton lotto entrants
Posted: 6/17/16 at 11:17am

Wick3 said: "

I met 2 girls two months ago when I did the cancellation line who have been doing the online lottery every day at work just for fun. They live in CA and have no way of going to NYC in time in case they win but at least they know the unclaimed tickets go to diehard fans on the cancellation line so they are indirectly 'helping' someone.

"

So they are taking away the chance from someone who maybe can't afford full price or scalper tickets/can't take 50+ hours off from work or childcare/can't physically sit on a sidewalk for days at a time/etc?

If you live far away and enter for fun or bragging right or whatever then I may not agree with you but I can't stop it. Don't try and justify your actions with a "true and deserving fan" argument though. There is no Hamilton scale to measure what a diehard fan is or isnt and who deserves to see the show.

(using "you" as a general term, not specifically you Wick3 :) )

Updated On: 6/17/16 at 11:17 AM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#30update: Hamilton lotto entrants
Posted: 6/17/16 at 12:40pm

pickles2 said: "(using "you" as a general term, not specifically you Wick3 :) )"

No offense taken! I agree with you they take away from people who could go but at the same time, they're not breaking the rules. When they did cancellation line they got unclaimed lottery seats so it can be argued they're just paying it forward. This debate can go on forever but having a live lottery would certainly weed out out of state folks who enter the digital lottery and never go. 

Personally, I've always been a proponent for live lottery on broadway. Rather than holding it in front of the theater, though, perhaps it may be better to hold it in Times square where there is ample space and traffic on 46th st won't be affected.

Videos