pixeltracker

Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco- Page 2

Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#25Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 7/29/18 at 12:59pm

CATSNYrevival said: "And now that Bat Out of Hell seems to be such a success, is it too much to ask to get a second try at Vampires here in the US?"

I've been trying. 11 years this September. Believe me, the minute know something, you will.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

Sho-Tunes-R-Us Profile Photo
Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#26Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 7/29/18 at 2:08pm

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "CATSNYrevival said: "And now that Bat Out of Hell seems to be such a success, is it too much to ask to get a second try at Vampires here in the US?"

I've been trying. 11 years this September. Believe me, the minuteIknow something,you will.

"

As a touring or regional production or ....?   Perhaps if BOOH is a big hit on tour?   

g.d.e.l.g.i.
#27Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 7/29/18 at 3:29pm

Long(ish) story. I'll PM you about it, if that's cool.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#28Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 7/30/18 at 12:54am

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "Long(ish) story. I'll PM you about it, if that's cool."

Por favor, Anita!

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#29Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 7/30/18 at 1:41am

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "Spoiler alert: this is the plot in a nutshell. You're welcome.

Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco

"

I have to say, this sounds exactly like my kind of hot mess. I have a feeling I'll end up going wink

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#30Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 7/30/18 at 10:03am

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "Spoiler alert: this is the plot in a nutshell. You're welcome.

Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco"

Can anyone elaborate on the "bisexual bikers" aspect of the story? I read a synopsis some time ago, but it never mentioned bisexual characters.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

g.d.e.l.g.i.
#31Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 7/30/18 at 10:53am

There are several same-sex couples in the choreography whose partners later dance with opposite, and the heavy Tink/Strat subplot is explained in pretty much all the detail right there.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#32Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 7/30/18 at 12:59pm

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "There are several same-sex couples in the choreography whose partners later dance with opposite, and the heavy Tink/Strat subplot is explained in pretty much all the detail right there."

Tink is a guy? I guess I didn't realize that!

g.d.e.l.g.i.
#33Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 7/30/18 at 1:40pm

Never seen a cast list? The character's always been played by a cis male.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#34Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 7/30/18 at 1:48pm

Tink sings "Not Allowed to Love" which I thought was written for Catwoman in Steinman's Batman musical, but it seems to work for a male character pining for a straight guy too.

g.d.e.l.g.i.
#35Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 7/30/18 at 3:02pm

CATSNYrevival said: "Tink sings "Not Allowed to Love" which I thought was written for Catwoman in Steinman's Batman musical, but it seems to work for a male character pining for a straight guy too."

Well, technically it was written as a duet for Batman and Catwoman, but yeah, the 'pop' versions of that song included the line "I'm not allowed to love / 'Til they legalize it here," which certainly suggests that reading as a possibility...

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#36Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 10/9/18 at 3:13pm

The current UK production is closing 5 January 2019.  The US tour will be underway.  

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#37Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 10/10/18 at 12:03am

yankeefan7 said: "I have said a few times that "Bat Out Of Hell" album has been a guilty pleasure of mine for years but could not imagine it being a decent musical. I wish it luck and just pray it is not horrible because I do enjoy the music."

It is my favorite rock album and I have worn out copies on vinyl, audiotape and 2 CDs. I like the "digital cast" album and am determined to enjoy the show, whatever the plot, at the Ahmanson in early 2019. Even the Jackson Pollack-inspired plot sounds more moving than Mamma Mia! 

Updated On: 10/10/18 at 12:03 AM

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#38Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 10/11/18 at 10:33am

Now that they've set a closing date for London, isn't it time they announced additional U.S. tour dates? They've been "coming soon" for a long time now.

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#39Bat Out Of Hell in San Francisco
Posted: 10/11/18 at 8:09pm

Lot666 said: "Now that they've set a closing date for London, isn't it time they announced additional U.S. tour dates? They've been "coming soon" for a long time now." 

I'm thinking the staging may be too elaborate/massive for certain theatres. Just a guess, but the Orpheum theatre in San Francisco is the only stage built to contain touring mega-shows and BOOH will be its final show before HAMILTON begins its open-ended run. Hope that peeps who have see the show in London or Toronto can confirm my suspicions.

Updated On: 10/11/18 at 08:09 PM

Videos