pixeltracker

Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park) - Page 2

Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)

Bwaydreamer3 Profile Photo
Bwaydreamer3
#25Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 5/29/19 at 11:25pm

RippedMan said: "Lordy. Y'all love to jump down people's throats. It wasn't even meant as an insult. They brought their own flavor to the piece instead of the usual Shakespearean interpretation, and I thought it was refreshing and totally fit.

Just as when someone said Andrew Garfield "played Gay" in Angels... it's not a biggie unless you make it a biggie..
"

But it is a "biggie". And its very telling of your character the fact that you have multiple poc (including me) telling you what you said was wrong, yet you still refuse to acknowledge that... No one asked what your black writer pulitzer prize winner playwright friend said, we're talking about what you said. And frankly just because they said it, doesn't mean you can. Don't say anyone is jumping down your throat when we're actually just calling out your bias

annang
#26Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/2/19 at 6:57pm

Does anyone have a good sense of how long the lines have been on weekdays? Just found out I'm free this Thursday, and would like to try for tickets. What time should I plan to arrive? Thanks!

billybilly2
#27Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/4/19 at 11:12am

annang said: "Does anyone have a good sense of how long the lines have been on weekdays? Just found out I'm free this Thursday, and would like to try for tickets. What time should I plan to arrive? Thanks!"

I'm hoping for sorta same info, but for standby.

I know the waits can be all over the place and vary by demand (big names, weather, day of week) but am wondering if, assuming decent weather, there will be much of standby line, say, this Wednesday(6/5/19)? I'm guessing not? Last time I went was early in run (last season for the Twelfth Night), showed up at like 5 or 6pm and found ZERO people in standby, had to start the line myself which was almost weird but obviously better than being behind a million others. Line only grew so much before tickets were distributed.

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#28Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/4/19 at 1:54pm

Got in line at like 11:58am today, line was pretty long, just ahead of the infamous rock of no hope. Took about 50 minutes to get to the front, but was able to get a ticket for tonight!

Mikeacarroll
#29Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/4/19 at 3:04pm

Emmaloucbway said: "VotePeron said: "and then the second act has approxnothing happen in it."

I mean... the title of the play promises that... Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)

Emmaloucbway, thank you so much!  This gave me the best, and a very needed, laugh today.  Perfect, just perfect!

billybilly2
#30Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/4/19 at 11:49pm

supersam1026 ... Thanks for info, hope you enjoyed the show.

Updated On: 6/4/19 at 11:49 PM

52889j
#31Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/10/19 at 10:16pm

I'm feeling like I saw a different show than the reactions in this thread. This was my favorite Shakespeare in the Park production in years. I never felt overwhelmed by the concept, the language - while colloquialized in word stress- was preserved and delivered in perfect verse, and the staging is wondrously lush. I'm very familiar with the play (been in it twice, seen it at least five times), so I'll own that bias, but I had a great time and the vast majority of the audience around me on Saturday appeared to as well.

AntV
#32Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/11/19 at 12:14am

What is the running time of this now?

billybilly2
#33Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/12/19 at 12:39am

52889j - The reviews out with the official opening night agree with you.

AntV - NYT says 2 hours 30 minutes, Public Theater website says 2 hours and 20 minutes with a 20 minute intermission. I think it might run longer, reports in this thread put it past three hours. Unless they trimmed it by "opening night."

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#34Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/12/19 at 6:38am

Shakespeare in the Park shows almost always start late and run long.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

AntV
#35Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/14/19 at 7:21pm

How has the standby line been lately?

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#36Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/19/19 at 6:02pm

I have heard on pretty good authority that this production will be recorded for broadcast on Great Performances. Has this been done with a Delacorte production before?

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#37Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare in the Park)
Posted: 6/19/19 at 6:18pm

thirtythirtyninety said: "I have heard on pretty good authority that this production will be recorded for broadcast on Great Performances. Has this been done with a Delacorte production before?"

I believe there was a professionally filmed recording of James Earl Jones as King Lear at the Delacorte way back in the 80’s (?), but that was a long time ago, and I don’t know if it was PBS or something else. 

If this is true: there’s no reason to object, as far as I can see, but I can’t help but feel like this would not have been my first choice Delacorte production to film. 

Videos